SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union Interview Questions

2.8

MSR4 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union (Santa Ana, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

First call was with the recruiter. Second, is the in person interview with HR; third, is the interview with the branch. Easy. Anyone who enjoys helping people and really genuinely wants to help will get the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Schools First?   1 Answer

Branch Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union in January 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with Human Resources to screen internal applicants, then if you pass, you continue to the hiring manager for the department. HR may or may not know exactly what the hiring manager is looking for other than what is posted as the "job description" or "desired experience" which makes it very hard to convince the rep that you are qualified - they search for "key words" not knowledge or transferable skills.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you successfully handled a difficult situation with a co-worker?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union (Sacramento, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Face to face interview with Senior Recruiter describing my past experiences and how they qualify me for the job applying for. Two individuals were present and interview was very standard, it would help you to know the company core values and how your personal morals line up with them.

Interview Questions

• What Human Resources knowledge do you have?
      Describe your full cycle recruiting technique?   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union (Santa Ana, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Received a phone call to set up time for a phone screening within a few days of applying. Phone screening went well and setup in person interview within a few days of that. The recruiter was very nice and professional and I would absolutely recommend this organization to anyone.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? How do you motivate a staff when there isn't an incentive plan based on sales or production?   1 Answer

Internet Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tustin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union (Tustin, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview was pretty straight forward. Typical interview questions, Applied online, got a call from recruiter, scheduled an interview a week later. Manager that interviewed me was very nice, professional, and genuinely interested in why i wanted to work here.

Interview Questions

• What interested you in applying for this company?   1 Answer

Member Service Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union (Santa Ana, CA).

Interview

I've applied for SF FCU many times and after my 5th or 6th time a phone screen was conducted. I was invited to meet with member service manager in the Santa Ana location. Upon my arrival, someone near the door buzzed me in and were nice, but too eager to greet me. During the interview I immediate knew I was not what SF FCU was looking for. The Manager was kind but I had presented myself as a different person (i was trying too much to be bubbling and outgoing but it obviously back fired on me). I was very nervous and excited about this opportunity that I forgot to be myself.
      After my interview, I remember going home and drafted an email to the Manager whom interviewed me but I didn't receive a response. Two days later the original caller who phone screened me asked if I would be interested in the telephone operator (800 number call center) and I declined. I expressed I enjoy interacting with clients but less than an hour I was sent the regret email.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union.

Interview

The Human Resources specialist first contacted me for a phone interview where they find out more about you (work experience, education, etc) to see if you are a good fit for the organization. Afterwards, I was scheduled for a face to face interview with a hiring manager where I was asked similar questions and given scenarios to see I was capable of making the right decision. The interview went well and a week later I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• If you were an animal, what animal would you choose to be?   Answer Question

Accounting Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union (Riverside, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

I first applied online and 2 days later I got a call to scheduled a phone interview. The phone interview was a little challenging but easy at the same time and lasted about 17 minutes.

The next day, I was selected for the second interview. The interview was at the Tustin operations center (55 miles away) and I met with the controller and assistant controller to discuss my background and experience.
    I had to be very witty to answer their questions.

After 45 mins of questioning and discussing the position they had me meet with the VP of Finance for a 3rd interview (one whom makes the hiring decision). The interview went good. He asked specific questions about the job and accounting.

Two days later I got a call from HR with a job offer.

I love how diligent they are. Usually, I am the one that has to chase down the employer to get the status update. SchoolsFirst is very on top of things and professional.

Interview Questions

• What is your weakness? (this question is always hard to answer haha)   Answer Question

Negotiation

some wiggle room.

Member Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union.

Interview

The initial screening phone call went over past experience and qualifications, and how they related to the current position (given that their MSRs cover both teller and financial consultant duties, they want to see that you can cover both fields).
    The in-person interview had typical questions such as:
    What are three words you would use to describe yourself?
    What's one thing you think you could improve on?
    Why did you choose to get into banking? What is your least favorite thing about banking?
    Why are you the ideal candidate?
    They also ask personal questions like what you do for fun, and had some of the strange curveball questions that do not directly relate to the job (such as, "If you could be any animal, what type of animal would you be?)

Interview Questions

• If your life could be made into a movie, what would it be about and what would it be called?   Answer Question

Member Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union (Irvine, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Applied and uploaded my resume online, received a phone call from HR a few weeks later asking or an interview. When I went in for my interview with HR, I believe there was a phone interview following. I applied for the Irvine Branch position and interviewed with two managers that lasted around 30-45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Do you see yourself working with SchoolsFirst in the next two years?   1 Answer