Scooter's Coffee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Scooter's Coffee

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Scooter's Coffee (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online, got called for a face to face interview shortly after. I went to the Scooters location and met with the manager of that store, She asked me some really basic questions (we're talking management 101 here) and then explained to me that despite my having a) been in management for a number of years and b) having actually worked at Scooters in the past I would have to start at minimum wage as a barista and then move into a manager slot when one come available. I explained to her that I have a family and financial obligations and that I wouldn't be able to do that. The girl who interviewed me seemed sweet, but, very inexperienced. I could tell she was nervous. I felt like I was the one leading the interview.

I do feel that they misrepresented the position.The job posting said they were hiring a Store Manager. I wouldn't have wasted my or the interviewers time if I had known they were looking for someone to grow into a management role rather than hiring someone on as a manager...two very different things

Interview Questions

• I remember a question about resolving disputes between employees, and then something about handling upset customers...if you have been in a leadership role anytime ever you will ace their interview   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Scooter's Coffee (Kansas City, KS) in October 2012.

Interview

I had a phone screening interview first. Then about two days later I did a face to face interview with a Regional Manager. Two days later I had a 2nd interview with owner.

MIT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Scooter's Coffee (Omaha, NE) in September 2015.

Interview

Very long interview, asking the packet of interview questions provided to managers. Some managers take 5 minutes to interview, others spend 20 minutes asking the same question a number of ways

Interview Questions

• What makes an amazing barista? It takes 3 months to get good at the job, do you have the time to devote to it?   Answer Question

Cashier/Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Scooter's Coffee (Omaha, NE).

Interview

I applied online and received an email asking me to come in for an interview the next day. I did, and during the interview was asked about my future plans, availability, and other reasonable questions. My interviewer was kind, funny and warm, at the end she offered me a position and to start training the next day!

Cashier/Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Peters, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Scooter's Coffee (Saint Peters, MO) in May 2014.

Interview

You usually meet at Scooter's, but depending on if that Scooter's is drive-thru only or not, you might then move on to a local bookstore to sit down and talk. It wasn't a big deal for me to move to a different location because there was no privacy within the Scooter's drive-thru only shop, so other employees would be able to hear the interview. During the interview, everything is kept pretty casual. I mean, dress nice and be polite, but this is a minimum-wage job, so don't expect anything but.

Interview Questions

• If you see something out of order, are you inclined to put it back the way it was, find a new and possibly better way to put it back, or just leave it until management fixes it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Scooter's Coffee (Omaha, NE) in May 2015.

Interview

Very easy and relax. I got a free coffee afterwards and met everyone who worked there. Showed some things they do on a daily basis. She asked me a lot
    About myself.

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about yourself
      Have to been a barista before
      Can you work mornings or weekends   1 Answer

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Scooter's Coffee in January 2017.

Interview

Very brief. Only took about fifteen minutes, interviewer was polite and friendly. It was very casual, I didn't take my coat off because I felt overdressed in a nice blouse, slacks, and flats.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roswell, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scooter's Coffee (Roswell, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

Relatively short, asked questions that are not allowed to be asked in a job interview. Was denied a summer spot on the grounds they wanted someone who could "work throughout the summer into fall and winter" yet they are still hiring 2 months after my initial interview. Only issue they had was that I didnt own a car even though transportation would not of been an issue.

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scooter's Coffee (Omaha, NE) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview itself was pretty easy. They really only asked me questions about myself and about the company instead of asking me questions about my strengths and weaknesses. Just be yourself and answer all the questions in complete sentences instead of one word answers.

Anonymous Employee in Boerne, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Scooter's Coffee (Boerne, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was approximately 10 minutes long. She asked me two questions, and then hired me on the spot. The interview was easy, the owner was very personable, and the manager was great. I started training immediately after the interview. Great to be a part of the Scooter's Team!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for Scooter's?   1 Answer