Seadrill Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Seadrill Interview Questions

Interviews at Seadrill

2.5

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Seadrill in March 2014.

Interview

Was very easy interview with HR and Department manager and received a call from HR the next week. Applied in person by going to the office and submitting my CV to the receptionist. Was invited for the interview the week after.

Interview Questions

• Few questions about my experience and contracts process   1 Answer

Strategic Sourcing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Seadrill (Houston, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

3 Interviews + Workshop Style interview (Final)
    For a sr. position is too structure.
    HR, then Director of HR, then Hiring Manager - Director Level

3 Interviews + Workshop Style interview (Final)
    For a sr. position is too structure.
    HR, then Director of HR, then Hiring Manager - Director Level

Interview Questions

• Perpare an scenario re. to the position and present at a panel   Answer Question

Subsea Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Seadrill.

Interview

Basic technical interview concerning BOP fit, form and function. Discussed operation of stack, maintenance of stack and running and pulling stack. Also discussed ancillary subsea equipment such as motion compensation, MUX equipment, HPU system and transport equipment.

Second Assistant Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Seadrill (Houston, TX) in December 2012.

Interview

Sent in resume and flew from New England for the interview. Interview was short and sweet with the usual engineering/maintenance questions. Had interview with the rig head HR woman and after interview with her we called the rig and I spoke with the Chief Engineer. After this I left the office and headed to the airport to fly home that same day.

Electronics Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Seadrill (Houston, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

Very rudimentary. Electrical questions like Ohm's law, two types of transformers, etc. I spent weeks rehashing AC and Electronic Theory and frankly felt disgusted that I had wasted so much time on so simple of an interview. The quality of some of the new hires reflects this. For a job that pays so much in a area that can be so detrimental to the safety and up time on a drilling rig, I would expect serious attention to be paid to the quality of employees selected for the position instead of a "let them sink, or let them swim" attitude. Such a sloppy process must take its toll monetarily on a business. I can assure you it takes it's toll with the co-workers of those employees.

Electrician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seadrill.

Interview

Very brief , very specific questions regarding qualifications would highly recommend this company. In the oil and has industry has many yours and down but with proper education and training anything can be easy.

Electrician Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Seadrill (Houston, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

Contacted through LinkedIn, did a phone interview which consisted of very standard questions (no strength/weakness, though). Next were some online tests, mostly simple, except the math portion. I don't think they valued the math portion highly, though. Then I did a group interview with individual interviews with HR and a technician. Neither were very difficult, and everyone was very polite.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know mostly how I could contribute.   1 Answer

Subsea Supervisor Interview

Interview

It's a who you know type comapny to catch on with, your name in industry has to be a strong one. Not easy to get on with them, if you don't have a good reputation.

Roughneck Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Seadrill.

Interview

Got a random call without applying and was offered a job with a company. Went through physical and everything. Got hired on. Then Seadrill bought the company before I started. So basically I did nothing.

Human Resources Adviser Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Seadrill.

Interview

I was initially contacted by a third party recruiter with much back.m & forth until the phone screen with an He Manager was set up. The hr manager asked me what my benefits package is when I told He requirements, she aggressively asked “if we were to make you an offer would you negotiate and counter offer with you current company” which to me sounded like that is why the role had been open for so long. They sent me a 3 part assessment test following that. DdI not hear anything for another month and a half when I was dispositioned.

Interview Questions

• If we were to make you an offer, would you negotiate and take a counter from your current company?   Answer Question
    • Why are you looking to leave your current employer?   Answer Question