Seadrill Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Seadrill Interview Questions

Updated Nov 16, 2017

2.7

Subsea Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Seadrill.

Interview

Basic technical interview concerning BOP fit, form and function. Discussed operation of stack, maintenance of stack and running and pulling stack. Also discussed ancillary subsea equipment such as motion compensation, MUX equipment, HPU system and transport equipment.

Electrician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seadrill.

Interview

Very brief , very specific questions regarding qualifications would highly recommend this company. In the oil and has industry has many yours and down but with proper education and training anything can be easy.

Strategic Sourcing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Seadrill (Houston, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

3 Interviews + Workshop Style interview (Final)
    For a sr. position is too structure.
    HR, then Director of HR, then Hiring Manager - Director Level

3 Interviews + Workshop Style interview (Final)
    For a sr. position is too structure.
    HR, then Director of HR, then Hiring Manager - Director Level

Interview Questions

• Perpare an scenario re. to the position and present at a panel   Answer Question

Subsea Supervisor Interview

Interview

It's a who you know type comapny to catch on with, your name in industry has to be a strong one. Not easy to get on with them, if you don't have a good reputation.

Electrician Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Seadrill (Houston, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

Contacted through LinkedIn, did a phone interview which consisted of very standard questions (no strength/weakness, though). Next were some online tests, mostly simple, except the math portion. I don't think they valued the math portion highly, though. Then I did a group interview with individual interviews with HR and a technician. Neither were very difficult, and everyone was very polite.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know mostly how I could contribute.   1 Answer

Second Assistant Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Seadrill (Houston, TX) in December 2012.

Interview

Sent in resume and flew from New England for the interview. Interview was short and sweet with the usual engineering/maintenance questions. Had interview with the rig head HR woman and after interview with her we called the rig and I spoke with the Chief Engineer. After this I left the office and headed to the airport to fly home that same day.

Electronics Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Seadrill (Houston, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

Very rudimentary. Electrical questions like Ohm's law, two types of transformers, etc. I spent weeks rehashing AC and Electronic Theory and frankly felt disgusted that I had wasted so much time on so simple of an interview. The quality of some of the new hires reflects this. For a job that pays so much in a area that can be so detrimental to the safety and up time on a drilling rig, I would expect serious attention to be paid to the quality of employees selected for the position instead of a "let them sink, or let them swim" attitude. Such a sloppy process must take its toll monetarily on a business. I can assure you it takes it's toll with the co-workers of those employees.

Communications Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Seadrill (Liverpool, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

- SHL Online Tests - Numerical, Verbal Reasoning
    - Video Interview
    Assessment Centre - Interview One on One, Group discussion on allocation of a fixed budget -
     to various alternative training proposals for graduates including a placement trip, mentoring scheme. Had to reach a mutually agreed solution in a time limit,
    - Scenario Based Presentation,
     - Numerical Test
    Extremely slow to provide feedback on why rejected, took longer than a month just to arrange a feedback phonecall. Disappointing communication from a 'Communications Company'!

Interview Questions

• 1. Describe a time when you showed resilience
      2. Describe a time when you showed leadership
      3. Describe a time you had to adapt to new circumstances.   Answer Question

Resourcing Manager Interview

Interview

Pulled out of the process after my online test invite was emailed to 6 others candidates meaning 6 other candidates had known I'd made a private and confidential application for the role. Appalling.

Human Resources Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Seadrill (Liverpool, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

First is the Online test, which includes verbal reasoning and numericalreasoning. It is not difficult but before the test it would be better to practice first, Then is the Pre record interview. Two minutes limitation and one minute preparation, take your time when answering, no rush otherwise you will finish too fast. About four questions, which are normally about the company and your experience. By the way, they do not sponsor work visa for this vacancy.

Interview Questions

• tell about a experience when you need to work in your leisure time.   Answer Question