Search Optics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Search Optics Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2017

2.7

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Search Optics.

Interview

First after screening the resume, I was asked to give two online tests which were based on personality test and IQ. After that, I was asked to send an email with a few bullet points mentioning about why am I a goof fit for this position. Both the tests and my responses were reviewed by the recruiter and then a skype interview was set up with the department head. There was a possibility of a second interview but they offered me the job after 1 hour of skype interview session.

Interview Questions

• why am I a good fit for the position and the company. (other questions on similar grounds)   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Search Optics.

Interview

The interview process was quick and easy. I had a phone interview before coming in and then met with 3 team members. Everyone was very friendly. The questions they asked were more personable than about work experience.

Office Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Search Optics.

Interview

I thought that I was doing well through the 3 interviews and 9 people that I interviewed with, but I was wrong. With every interview I went to, they changed the job description. Their excuse was that this was a tough position that no one had successfully filled. I was very excited to have an opportunity to work for Search Optics, but I'm very taken aback by their lack of communication. After interviewing for over 3 weeks and being told that the recruiter would be in touch with me in a few days, It has been months and still no follow up. Luckily I found an amazing position elsewhere. I'm just confused why they would not at least send an email letting me know that they are no longer considering me or filled the position. The whole experience was unprofessional.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Search Optics (San Diego, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

It was a big proccess, Eric Ward made contacted me by mobile phone explaining about the job offer, its benefits and roles, duties and rights. After that, I had to perform some tests, in order to confirm job necessary habilities, and personal profile.
    Then I had a series of Skype calls with employees and the LATAM president of the company and finally, after a few weeks, I got a call from Eric informing about the good news, that I had just been accepted to work for Search optics!

In my opinion, that was the best selective proccess I´ve ever been through, not because I was accepted, but due to its organization and capacity of truly testing deeply my skills.

Interview Questions

• Checking on my skills to see if it fits the job duties, what are my professional goals, how do I see myself in 5 years, What should they expect from me (My intention inside the company).
      Explaining why I wanted to work for their company.
      1 Answer
    • A big number of questions so they could draw my professional and personal profile.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Make a reasonable salary request

Talent Acquisition Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Search Optics (Remote, OR) in August 2015.

Interview

3 stages using Video interviewing over Skype. Assessing background, current skills and expedience. A thorough process typical of ecommerce companies. Candidates need to have strong skills in their chosen disciplines and be able to communicate it in a professional manner.

Interview Questions

• CV review and competency based questions such as describe you would develop a talent plan and map for a new territory?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Quick

Technical Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Search Optics (San Diego, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Not very professional. HR contact was always late on calls (emailed after the interview time saying she couldn't make it, etc.). Never returned my messages, etc. UNTIL I told them I had an offer somewhere else, then I got a quick response back.

The HR contact didn't seem very personable. Just gave canned responses about the job opportunity. I did not get the feeling that they cared about me as a person. They do have a lot of fancy benefits (free lunches, really good healthcare, etc.), but I didn't get the vibe that they actually cared about my career.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions. Not very difficult. Phone screen was just the recruiter confirming a few things on my resume and discussing the role. In-person interview was really simple. I met with 2 people, 1st with a Director and 2nd with a Manager. Straight-forward. The manager didn't seem too prepared, but she did just start about a week before.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Search Optics (San Diego, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Quick and a bit confusing. I would assume now that they were unsure about what characteristics they were looking for in a candidate so it was difficult to see whether I was a fit for the Company/job. It was difficult to present well as they hadn't decided what the job/title should be.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Search Optics in June 2015.

Interview

I had 3 interviews. The process took about a month to complete. I took several aptitude / personality tests to see where I would fit in with the company. The HR employees in charge of running the interview process were responsive and friendly. I did a one on one interview as well as an interview in a panel.

Client Manager Interview

Application

I interviewed at Search Optics in May 2015.

Interview

The recruiter called late which I can understand if another appointment went over, but there was giggling and it was obvious I was placed on mute throughout the call. She asked questions that I answered in earlier responses. It was obvious she wasn't listening to and me I was just another call. Disappointing experience.

Marketing Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ferndale, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Search Optics (Ferndale, MI) in January 2015.

Interview

Good, open dialogue. Curious about my experience and how it applied to the company and position. Seemed like they wanted to get to know you. A couple phone interviews, then went in and met with two individuals. Everything was very professional and they impressed me as a company. It is a long process but it is good to weed out people early on, time is valuable. Took about a month when the process started to my first day.

Interview Questions

• Don't remember a specific question. The phone interview was the most difficult. Compared to my other interviews, the in office interviews were softball questions. Not sure if they liked my skill set and just wanted to get to know me, because it wasn't difficult.   1 Answer