Seattle's Best Coffee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Seattle's Best Coffee Interview Questions

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Seattle's Best Coffee

Barista Interview

Interview

would go to coffee shop to read. the staff got to know me.
    filled out application
    sit-down, in-store interview
    spoke with district manager over phone for second interview
    filled out tax forms
    started training right away

Anonymous Employee in Kenosha, WI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Seattle's Best Coffee (Kenosha, WI) in March 2016.

Interview

My interview process was very fast and short since they were so understaffed. It was a 1 on 1 interview process. They asked if I would be available for training and I accepted. I believe that you should express that you are a fast leaner if you do not have any experience making the drinks before hand.

Interview Questions

• Are you a fast learner. How open is your schedule.   1 Answer

Cafe Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Seattle's Best Coffee (Austin, TX).

Interview

3 interviews. Industry-standard scripted questions (should be pretty easy to find online, same as Starbucks from what I understand). Email and telephone communications with district manager. After third interview was a hiring meeting with district manager and franchise owner. Negotiated salary, bonus structure, other compensation, etc. All communications were likely scripted but did not feel canned or unnatural.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I negotiated my salary, bonus pay, paid vacation and benefits.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pearl Harbor, HI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Seattle's Best Coffee (Pearl Harbor, HI) in July 2010.

Interview

I was first interviewed by the cafe manager and once she approved me I met with the district manager to be interviewed. Lots of questions about customer service and skills I had.

Interview Questions

• If you saw a coworker making a drink incorrectly, what would you do?   1 Answer

They wanted to pay me minimum wage even though I had experience doing the same job for a different company.

Finance Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seattle's Best Coffee in May 2015.

Interview

They dont have an organized interview process.The guard is the one who first entertain you when you came to their office.And there are many applicant at that time scheduled also for interview.The guard was rude.I mean its very unusual that the guard is the one who assisting the applicant and to think that the interviewer depend on him who will be the first interiewed.My interview is 11am but I was called at 12nn already.And then I interviewed the interview took only 15 minutes.Excluding the minutes she was on her cellphone busy talking to his relatives.And all what she says after is we schedule you to an interview with the CFO next week.I think she want to take a lunch break already its pretty obvious.And i already seen her when I came in to their office I dont have an idea that she is the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself as an employee.
      Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Part Time Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quezon City, National Capital Region (Philippines)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Seattle's Best Coffee (Quezon City, National Capital Region (Philippines)) in April 2013.

Interview

After 1 week of handing my resume on the store they scheduled me for an interview. On the day itself of the interview they informed me that it will be moved on the next day. On the resched interview they called me saying that I will be interview in another branch.

After about 2 hours they contacted me asking for some personal details and then sent me the training details.

I'm still a student and the training would be for 2 weeks (Monday-Friday 9am-6pm). I have no classes form Sunday-Wednesday but I can't be absent on my school days which is thurs and friday.

I asked if I can just do make-up training but they said that the policy no absents during training.

Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Makati City (Philippines)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Seattle's Best Coffee (Makati City (Philippines)) in June 2008.

Interview

personal background check, educational attainment, experiences, certificates. there is one on one interview with the store manager which will test your capability to listen properly and how you speak? second interview will be on area manager

Interview Questions

• only i dont have background before on food and beverages which they asked me if i can handle the job if they will hire me   Answer Question