Second Street Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Second Street

Interviews for Top Jobs at Second Street

Content Creator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Second Street (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2015.

Interview

I interviewed in June for the position of Content Creator. I could tell person I with was not impressed with me or my resume, as she kept looking at her phone and seemed very uninterested in what I had to say. I never heard back about the position, even after I wrote a follow up email. They all seemed fairly nice in the office and it seemed like a cool, hip place to work. The job description online was a bit misleading and I prepared for the wrong information I guess because she didn't ask me any questions relating to the description.

Interview Questions

Digital Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Second Street.

Interview

Shortly after submitting my cover letter for the position I was immediately contacted for the interview. The interviewer seemed distracted and actually came off like they had a chip on their shoulder from the get go, but I just let it role off my shoulder and give them the benefit of the doubt. All appropriate questions were asked in the first interview.

Now, the position that was posted online, and the position that was described in person were two different descriptions. It sounded to me like the position I was interviewing for was more of an administrative assistant position disguised as a digital marketing position. I was told I'd be booking flights and coordinating trade shows and that the whole digital marketing aspect of it "would come later".

I was not told upfront about the entire interview process. I was called back two more times and submitted a writing exercise, which frankly I found time consuming and a bit unnecessary when you have almost 3 years worth of writing samples that could have been given to them.

I asked about salary and they were only offering $33,000 which seemed a little low considering the The average salary with someone of my degree in STL is $38,000. So upon the third interview I met the president of the company (promising right? I mean how many organizations bring you in almost 3 times?) we got along swimmingly and he was a very nice guy. I was then told by him that they would be in contact about moving forward, which again sounds promising.

But, overall I was not offered the position. Which is fine, I just feel the way they went about he interview process was all wrong. I should have been told from the get go that It would be a three interview process, and honestly you shouldn't leave someone feeling so hopeful and promising a future with moving forward.

Overall the company just seemed alright, I kind of got the vibe they were scamming. So yeah just beware.

Interview Questions