Select Staffing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Select Staffing Interview Questions

Interviews at Select Staffing

2.1

Sort:

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Select Staffing in March 2013.

Interview

I met the manager at a hotel coffee shop because the lease was not finalized for the office. and he told me about the supervisor positions and ask which one I was interested in. I was told that I was hired.

Interview Questions

• No read difficult questions were ask   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations

On Site Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Select Staffing (San Bernardino, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

I was brought in and waited in the lobby for about 25 minutes and the interview lasted about 5 minutes. I was interviewed by Branch Manager very pleasant person.

Interview Questions

• Do you have sales experience? How would you handle certain situations?   1 Answer

Welder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Select Staffing (Everett, WA) in September 2015.

Interview

i cant complain. it was about the same as any other staffing agency. pleasant. applied on-line first, filled out some simple forms during the interview, talked with a senior recruiter, chose benefits package on a computer, watched an orientation video and completed a simple test pertaining to that video.

Welder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Select Staffing (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

I had initially found a welding position on their website that I was interested in. I called their office in Rancho Cucamonga to inquire about the position and was told discourteously to apply online and then call back, which I did later. So I go through the motions of applying for this position which I had immense experience in and also applied for a few other positions as a warehouse associate. I called the office back again as previously instructed and they set me up for an interview two weeks later.
         When it finally came time to come in for my interview (remember, this is a temp agency) I was told to sit down, file paperwork and wait. After being told this I asked about the welding and warehouse associate positions and again, I was discourteously told that I needed to first fill out the paperwork (which was about 25 pages long). Being the patient person I am, I simply filled out and did everything they told me because I needed a job. So after filling out all of those forms, they took me and four other guys into a small, cramped back room where we were supposed to watch a safety video that we were quizzed on after we finished. The quiz was as challenging as a kindergarten finger-painting assignment; it required no video insight whatsoever.
         We finished the quiz and just as we were turning it in, we were told to take another test on the computer. So we sat down and then I realized we were taking a personality quiz. 100 repetitive questions and one headache later, we were finished. This process that took 3 1/2 hours was finally complete and I was able to ask the one burning question that I had originally came to ask. I walked up to the rude receptionist from before and inquired about the welding position. She told me that they didn't have any welding positions open and said that the only position that they did have open was a forklift operator.
         I was utterly disappointed and expressed my dissatisfaction by passively stating that I had applied for a welder and warehouse position. The receptionist told me that she was sorry for the lack of positions (the website displayed hundreds of "open" positions) and told me that I should check in with their Ontario office, saying that they would probably have information on that position.
         Like an idiot, I actually drove to their Ontario office, extra resume in hand. When I got there I was greeted by yet another rude receptionist and inquired about the welding and warehouse associate positions. She told me that all they had available was a forklift operator position, just like they had said in their Rancho Cucamonga office. I told her about my dilemma and how the people in the Rancho office refered me to their office to see if they had any of these other positions. She looked at me like I was stupid and rhetorically asked "If we have the same website, then why would our offices offer different available positions?" So I just smiled and handed her a copy of my resume and told her to call me if anything turned up.
         I would not recommend this temp agency to anyone. The people that work there are rude, they lie to or rather deceive you about the positions they have (because they just might not have an "honest" website) and they waste your time. In my particular instance they did actually lie about the whole different offices having different positions problem. Most temp agencies will at the very least treat you in a courteous and respectful manner, Select Staffing treats their employees as nothing more than cattle and nothing less than dirt.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been accused of a felony   1 Answer

I declined their offer because the position they offered me had nothing to do with the position I applied for.

IT Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Select Staffing (Everett, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

Take to much time. The interview was easy, but I had to go back and forth, to many different days on the tests. The interview and quizzes were too long and the questions were all the same

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work on any job   1 Answer

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Simi Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Select Staffing (Simi Valley, CA).

Interview

2 interviews with company not select they didn't even interview me drug test and online tests the drug test was a spit test in the back gross office worst ever

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Select Staffing (Carson, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I was already an employee of this staffing company in another capacity. I made an appointment to meet with the regional executive recruiter (who handles the clerical accounts) to talk about my qualifications for a clerical position. I brought in 2 copies of my resume and we discussed my experience. She was a great help she gave me interview tips and she critiqued and helped me to update my resume to help me when she sends me out for a new assignment.

Interview Questions

• What skills do I have that qualify me for this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Maria, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Select Staffing (Santa Maria, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Chaotic office setting every time I go into the office. The computer system was down for about 3 days so my interview was postponed. Finally, I got to sit down with one of the recruiters and she was pleasant and had obviously read and actually paid attention to my resume.

Interview Questions

• Are you qualified to work in the United States?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Amherst, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Select Staffing (East Amherst, NY) in July 2010.

Interview

Not a bad interview. Had a skills test (typing, multiple choice for Ms Office suite). Met one on one with HR recruiter. I was looking for part time, and they didn't have anything at the moment.

Interview Questions

• How are you qualified for this type of position?   1 Answer

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Select Staffing (Augusta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

The hiring process was horrible. The only person to even look me in the eye was the receptionist. They treat you like your a child and they are bigger or better than you i will never go back their and i recommend nobody does. This place need a more diverse staff with new people. They only have ladies their and they have been their 7 plus years so they all are friends. They constantly make jokes with each other while interviewing potential workers and they dnt care. They curse all the time jus not a professional place.

Interview Questions

• What kind of job are you looking for?   1 Answer