Self Made Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Self Made Marketing

1.9

Marketing Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Self Made Marketing (San Diego, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied through Monster. I was contacted about 3 to 4 days later, and they asked if I could come in the following day. They asked me to bring a copy of my resume (which they should have already had since I attached it to my application). They also asked me to dress professionally, which was a helpful reminder as I had intended in arriving in my Spiderman costume. When I arrived at the interview location in Mission Valley, it was clear that it was a short term lease on a low grade office suite. There was an untidy receptionist station, and five folding chairs set up against the wall. Three were already occupied. I took the fourth, and then two more candidates arrived, leaving one poor guy just standing there. We were asked to fill out employment applications which were far less detailed than what I had already been asked online. We were then called into the interview room one at a time.

During my five (seriously....five) minute interview, I was asked a series of questions, the answers to which were already on my resume, my online application, and the handwritten form I completed in the reception area. I was then told that the job entailed going to various Walmart locations and doing product demonstrations. Since the job was billed as marketing, and since the requirements indicated a preference for at least a bachelor's degree, I was somewhat amused. Rather than just leave, I asked THEM some questions. I stated that when I was called for the interview, I was told that it was an hourly position which included a commission and a bonus structure. I asked how commissions and bonuses were tracked if the primary responsibility was product demonstration. I got no answer; I was told that compensation would be discussed at the call back interview.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite basketball team? (This is not a joke.)   1 Answer
    • So, how does it sound?   3 Answers

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Self Made Marketing (Emeryville, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Very Friendly but MISLEADING. I applied for a Account manager position and I was told that this position would be salary based. Very excited to get a job and start a career. When I went into the interview I was told that they don't hire managers from the streets and that everyone has to start from the bottom. Why advertise that your hiring for a manager position and then in the interview say just kidding. VERY MISLEADING. If the company is willing to mislead applicants what does that say about the people who work there? Doesn't sound like a trust worthy company to me.

Oct 21, 2016 – HR Manager

Sorry you felt this way after your interview, as we do offer salary at management positions only.

Entry level positions which everyone starts at (see website "faq" section) is paid hourly plus... More

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Self Made Marketing (San Diego, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I walked in to the interview not knowing what to expect. I was nervous but the front desk administrator made me feel so welcome. I did go over the website a few days before, this way I was able to see how the company worked and have knowledge as to what they do.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Self Made Marketing.

Interview

Questions are not complicated and are targeted to get to know you and test your social skills.
    the company is very friendly and full of young adults.
    I enjoyed my time there

Interview Questions

Self Made Marketing Response

Mar 26, 2018 – HR Manager

Thanks for your feedback.

Enterprise Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax Station, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Self Made Marketing (Fairfax Station, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview - Q&A about technology and Business objectives of the project; Interfaces with sr management and with team members with assignments and schedules with success and completion criteria. General questions about special situations and how I would handle resolution.

Interview Questions

• How do I know I will be successful? Why   1 Answer

unacceptable place of performance

ENTRY Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Self Made Marketing.

Interview

1st Round (10 Minute Interview)
    Questions: Why are you interested in Sales? Where do you see yourself in the upcoming years? How do you see yourself in the workplace? Interview process was straightforward, I was asked to return for a second interview where they will inform me more upon the job.

Interview Questions

Self Made Marketing Response

Oct 21, 2016 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback.

Entry-Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Self Made Marketing (San Ramon, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

It was nice and easy. Employees were very friendly and professional. They called to make sure I had the address and everything. Interview took about 20 minutes. It was one on one. I was told they will get back in 24-48 hrs, if they select me.
    They ask to come in fomals,which I guess everyone would anyhow. Everyone starts at entry-level at this office. They offer between $12-15 per hour. And some commision too. Their office is nice too.

Interview Questions

Self Made Marketing Response

Oct 21, 2016 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback.

Sales and Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Self Made Marketing (Oakland, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Interview process was really fast, I thought it would drag out a lot longer. Both people I talked to were very nice, but ultimately the job entitled a lot of driving that I couldn't do since I talk public transport. I wish I could have pursued it but I assumed the job would be more stationary. Maybe when I learn how to drive ill try again.

Interview Questions

• Name two strengths and weaknesses.   1 Answer

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Self Made Marketing (Emeryville, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied on-line via ZipRecruiter. Within 3 days I received a call from HR to set up an interview. HR called at 1pm for an interview the next day at 10am. I told HR that I had another commitment. I asked if we could schedule for another day and she said no, but she would see if no other qualified candidates came forward she would let me know. She did not ask me any questions, just wanted to schedule the interview. She did call the next day for an interview the following day. I agreed to take the interview. Upon research of the company - I advise you to do your research - there seems to be no depth to the company. Basically, this company provides the sales people for DirectTV at big box retailers such as Costco. All of the Facebook posts for this company (and others that do the same thing), talk about how many applications they took. It appeared to me from my research that once you achieve a certain amount of "applications"/ sales, you get promoted and then start your own business under another name, of hiring people to fill the sales slots. If this is the type of company you are looking to work for, go for it. If not, move on.

Apr 29, 2016 – HR Manager

Before we book any interview the applicant is fully screened to assure that it is a good match on both ends. We do not just call and book an interview. Also, if someone is not available to come in... More

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Self Made Marketing.

Interview

Was contacted to come in for an interview. Upon getting to the "interview" I had to fill out a sheet with information that was readily available on my resume, which they already had. The "interview" was no longer than 5 minutes - basically was told about the position, that the company promotes from within and was asked one word to describe myself. No questions about my experience and no opportunity for me to ask questions. I was told once I was there that this "interview" was more of a way to meet the candidates face to face before a more formal interview round. Why bother bringing us in to meet for 5 minutes?

Interview Questions

• What is one word to describe yourself   1 Answer