Sesame Workshop Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sesame Workshop Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2017

2.5

Content Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sesame Workshop in September 2016.

Interview

It wasn't a long process at all. I appiled one week through the companys website and got contacted back one week later to come in. I thought the interview was going well. The interviewer asked me questions based on my resume and we even started to have conversations about lighter topics. All in all I thought the interview went great. After the interview I was told I would get contacted back the next week about a second interview but it never happened, and even to this day I never recieved any follow up from the interviewer regarding my standing.

Department Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sesame Workshop (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I was called in to come into the office for the first interview. I was interviewed by two people and it was casual. Then, I received an email a few days later being asked to give three references and a writing sample.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sesame Workshop (New York, NY).

Interview

Easy. Very informal just a getting to know you kind of interview. You meet the person who directly contacts you. Took less than 3-4 days from contact to interview (because I had free availability) and is a one-on-one interview, would not expect group interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why do you want to work here? Why Sesame Workshop etc   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sesame Workshop (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Started with a phone interview then an in person interview a week later with 2 different people, which it took about an hour. I was asked the same questions several times over, even by the person who interviewed me on the phone. Everyone seemed nice. I was referred by an employee who said they heard I did very well in the interview, but HR never responded to my follow up.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sesame Workshop (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Was given a series of questions online then asked to interview in person, basic questions why do you want to work for us, how did you hear about us, what makes you better than another candidate?

Production Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Sesame Workshop (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied through a referral in january. Heard in late April. One Skype interview with coordinator. The interview was pretty standard, he walked through my resume. I asked him a lot of questions at the end.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sesame Workshop (New York, NY).

Interview

I was called in for an interview with the Director of Human Resources after submitting my resume via someone who worked there who I had recently met. It barely felt like an interview at all, instead felt like I was catching up with an old friend. We talked about some of the important stuff, like Microsoft Office knowledge, why I enjoy being an assistant, stuff like that, but for the most part, I was able to just share who I am and felt like she really listened to me, getting to know me as a person and making sure I would be a good fit for the team.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Sesame?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They said what they usually pay their Admins, and I was fine with the rate, it's what I expected for someone like me starting out.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sesame Workshop (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview was very straight forward. it wasn't hard at all. They asked me about my background, Why I was interested in that department. And ask me a few questions about what I think the department is about and some terms. They were very informative and gave a great overview on the role, department, and management.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sesame Workshop (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

I had two interviews on two seperate days - One with the HR Assistant and one with the HR Senior Generalist. It was very informal and felt more like an informative conversation than an "interview" where I would have just had to answer questions. I got to know a lot about my future supervisor and what it would be like working there, which helped me determine if the internship would be the right fit for me instead of just the other way around.

Interview Questions

• If you were to meet the CEO of the company today, what would you say to him?   Answer Question

Child Talent Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sesame Workshop (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

I interviewed for the spring Child Talent Internship position in the fall of 2014. I met at their offices and had a very great conversation with their manager. I was asked about my experience with children and my interests in children's television. I was then told about the position and I left. The entire interview was about 20 minutes and was just a good conversation back and forth.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I was comfortable with working with animals   Answer Question