Seyfarth Shaw Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Seyfarth Shaw

2.8

Senior Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Seyfarth Shaw (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Received an email from the recruiter after applying online, and set up an in-person screening interview for the following day. I was notified the afternoon of my screening interview that I had been invited back for a full round interview. The full round interview was scheduled about a week later, and lasted approximately 4 hours, with new attorneys rotating in about every 30 minutes. I was ultimately brought back for a third set of interviews with 2 more attorneys, but I was not selected for the position. All the attorneys were very nice and conversational throughout the interviews.

Case Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Seyfarth Shaw (Atlanta, GA) in October 2019.

Interview

I tracked HR down to fill a position that was vacant for 6 months (or longer). Once the ball got rolling, things went well during my 1st round interview. In the request for a 2nd round interview, I was informed I'd be interviewing with two separate groups comprised of two attorneys and a partner. The partner in the first group saw me, she said I was "overqualified" and tried to talk me out of the position that they "desperately needed to fill." While I waited for the second group to arrive, I heard them laughing aloud in the adjacent conference room before they came to interview me...it was terrible.

Needless to say, I'm glad I didn't get a job offer with such an unprofessional firm.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Seyfarth Shaw (Atlanta, GA) in August 2019.

Interview

The interview panel was very easy to talk to. They asked questions to personally get to know me and what I can offer for the role. My panel consisted of two people and was in person at the law firm. They made me feel very comfortable and was very easy to talk to.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Seyfarth Shaw in June 2019.

Interview

I was contacted by an internal recruiter and brought in for an in-person interview. It was supposed to be separate one-on-one interviews but it turned into a group/panel interview as earlier interviews would run over and the next person would just join and keep going. Overall, a very friendly and conversational interview process.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seyfarth Shaw (Chicago, IL) in June 2019.

Interview

I was sourced on LinkedIn and thought the first two conversations over the phone went really well. I took a day off to meet with the Team and it took a few hours. There were 5 members I met with over a 3 hour period. Some were much better at interviewing than others. A few were extremely awkward. After the interview I never heard back. The Hiring Manager said she was going on vacation the next week and sent me one email stating the process had stalled but never followed up with a final decision. Very disappointed.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my background, work experience. Nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Case Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Seyfarth Shaw (Washington, DC) in April 2019.

Interview

I applied online, had a phone screening shortly after. I had a video interview a few weeks later.It was a really bizarre experience. My interview was 2 hours long. I interviewed with HR, two partners. an associate attorney and a paralegal. The interview seemed to go pretty well. They said I would hear back on their decision the following week. However, I thought that was quite early. A week went by and I hadn't heard back from the firm. I reach out numerous times for an update and there was no response- not even a rejection. A month went by and still no followup. I thought it was quite rude, inconsiderate and it was a waste of my time.

Business Support Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Seyfarth Shaw (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied online, then made it all the way to an onsite interview with the hiring manager and their supervisor. The interview experience was very nice but the communication with their recruiter was very poor. Never heard anything back even after following up about 2 weeks after the interview, which was somewhat disappointing. People take time off their jobs to attend interviews, the least that could be done is provide a short update.

Legal Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Seyfarth Shaw (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2019.

Interview

Initial telephone screening, followed up with in-person interview with HR Director and Office Administrator. Wonderful, refreshing, upbeat but professional experience. Followed up with in-person separate interviews with attorneys.

Interview Questions

• Background, experience, reasons why jobs ended. Standard questions.   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Seyfarth Shaw (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

Organized scales and competitive compensation. They called me and worked with my schedule to get me in. However, I was not prepared for very detailed questions about my resume and background.

Interview Questions

• Background and specific questions about motions written   1 Answer

Analytics Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Seyfarth Shaw in January 2018.

Interview

I never received much information about the job, so i did my best going into the interview, but my time was completely wasted. I applied online, a few days later I received an email from a useless recruiter about confirming my time for an on site interview the folowing wednesday, mind you with was sent at the end of the day on a Friday. I responded the same day. I didn't hear back until Monday evening to switch the times that they suggested. I understand that recruiters are busy, but wouldn't you think this was important considering its already last minute? I almost just ignored the whole thing but decided to go anyway.

the onsite interview was a waste. of. time. They asked me everything that could have been asked over the phone. I barely received any information for myself, and the attorney was very rude. they told me I would hear back about following interview the following week. I assumed I was rejected. I received NOTHING, not even a rejection letter. after following up with the useless recruiter 3 times. These people are just rude.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with excel?
      What are some projects that you've done using excel?   Answer Question