Seyfarth Shaw Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Seyfarth Shaw (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

HR provided most technical info regarding billable hours, review process, etc. Interviewed with partners, associates & paralegal. Appears firm has good corporate culture. All are treated equally. Able to fulfill billable hours with CLE as well as pro bono opportunities.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work for a firm versus in-house.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Seyfarth Shaw (Washington, DC) in March 2010.

Interview

I got the interview after a recruiter contacted me. It took almost two months to set the interview up. I interviewed with a partner, an of counsel, a senior associate, and a junior associate. The interview was fairly straightforward: whey Seyfarth, why do you want to leave your current firm, what are the projects you are working on now, etc. The last interview was with the senior associate, who completely mailed it in by asking me to ask questions for the entire time, claiming that the other interviewers probably already asked the relevant questions.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part of the interview was the interviewer who grilled me on the details of a particular project I was discussing.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Seyfarth Shaw (Atlanta, GA) in July 2011.

Interview

From the lack of communication to the drawn out 4+ month process, skip this firm and apply elsewhere. The corporate team is ok, but only because it has a solid leader. Everyone. Yes everyone else at the firm is awful, even if you don't realize their true colors until months later. This was a waste of time and an embarrassment to my legal career and the legal community. Clients should run too.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Easy, as they were desperate for good talent, regardless of what they tell you.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Seyfarth Shaw (Boston, MA) in November 2011.

Interview

The process consisted of an initial screening interview followed by a callback full-round interview with eight team members, ranging from support staff to senior partners. A transcript, resume, and writing samples were required. A decision was made shortly after the full-round interview and communicated by phone from the hiring partner.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Seyfarth?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seyfarth Shaw (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview consisted of a three 30 minute interviews with an associate, partner, and then chair of the practice group in that order. The process was laid back and fairly informal. The interviewers were candid about the firm and the position for which they were interviewing. The persons with whom I interviewed were cordial and answered all of my questions without any problem.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Seyfarth Shaw (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Pretty typical interview process. I was interviewed by one partner. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. Before meeting with the partner, I met with someone from Human Resources for about 5 minutes. She talked about the position, and what the firm was looking for.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current position? What do you want to work for Seyfarth Shaw?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Seyfarth Shaw (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Took 3 weeks. First round with an HR representative and then one round with the Attorneys. The process was pleasant and very informative. The attorneys really wanted to see if the position is a good fit for the firm so the HR representative asked most of the technical questions. There is no negotiation on salary but the benefits are great and this is a great firm to work for.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation phase. They start their Case Assistants at the same rate and you are eligible for a raise within a year.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Seyfarth Shaw (Atlanta, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a call within the week. The next week, I had my first round of interviews conducted by HR who then presented the candidates to the Attorneys. The Attorneys then selected candidates for a second round of interviews conducted by Attorneys and Paralegals.

Case Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Seyfarth Shaw.

Interview

Applied through website and was contacted by HR within a week. One round of interviews and was offered the position. Not much negotiation on salary. Allowed ample opportunities for overtime.

Summer Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Seyfarth Shaw (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

I did about 2 sets of interviews. Each consisted of 4 interviews per round, with partners/associates, 2 sets of interviews total. It was a pretty normal interview process discussing your experience and fit with the firm.

Interview Questions

• Why Seyfarth? Be able to articulate your interest and experience in your practice group and in the firm in a way that demonstrates familiarity/knowledge.   Answer Question