Shaklee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Shaklee Interview Questions

2.5

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Shaklee in January 2016.

Interview

Great process, great experience. Just love it. I think this is a good company to work for. The process in intuitive, and managers are very caring. You may need to go through the process with multiple interview sessions but I think it's worth of it.

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shaklee (Pleasanton, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I met with four different people over the course of two hours: The interim Creative Director/Project Manager; the person currently holding the job (who is moving out of the country); another writer on the staff and someone from HR. I had about a half hour with each person. They were all warm, interested, easy to talk to. I was impressed that they had all worked for the company for several years and seemed to really like it there.

Interview Questions

• When did you have a challenging situation with a client - and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

Interview

I met with four different people over a 2-hour period -- The interim Creative Director/Project Manager; the person currently holding the job (leaving the country); another Writer on staff; and the HR person. Each one was very kind, informative and overwhelmingly positive about the company. I felt that we were sitting down to coffee more than I was being interviewed.They were all very open, easy-to-talk to and generous in asking and answering questions.

Interview Questions

• What was a challenging situation you had in meeting a client's requests?   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shaklee.

Interview

Invited for interview. Starts 30 minutes late, and is composed of 3 individuals - the QE manager, HR manager and another individual. The HR manager came in 10 minutes after interview started and kept leaving room (this combined with the fact it started 30 minutes late is a clear indication that you should get up and leave, instead of waiting). As a result, he missed out on most of the interview. The questions asked were standard - strengths, weaknesses, etc.

The next step would have been to have an interview with the QE manager and another QE head, however I didn't make it that far. I am a recent college graduate, so technical questions were not asked. No riddles were asked.

The position required around 40% or so travel.

Interview Questions

• What is your ideal work environment?   1 Answer

Director of Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Shaklee (Pleasanton, CA).

Interview

I found the entire process to be straightforward. I had a number of interviews, but they did a good job of putting them all together on two days for me. I was surprised and impressed that the CEO interviewed me, too. I was interviewed by a number of relatively new employees and some employees who had been there a long time.

Interview Questions

• Since Shaklee is a direct selling company I was asked some questions about any experience I had with the industry. I didn't have any and it wasn't a critical factor in the end. I wasn't expected to know the details of the direct selling industry. We learned that on the job.   Answer Question

Independent Contractor On-Site Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Shaklee (Pleasanton, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Hiring was fast, easy, and pleasant:
    I went through a staffing agency, from there I was connected to a Human Resources personnel at Shaklee, we spoke a few times and exchanged emails. I then spoke over the phone with the Supervisor, and I was then asked to come in by HR. I arrived, I interviewed once in person, and after another phone call by HR, I had an offer for a contract via email.

Interview Questions

• Everything was very straightforward, no b.s. - at least not with H.R. nor my Supervisor; whom I won't name since it will let you know who I was there.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Again, this was straightforward, explained in advance, and after 1 conversation about working there, I got a call/email the following day with an offer after my interview.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shaklee (Pleasanton, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Lengthy, Very limited on salary range despite experience & skill set brought to the organization. Additional $5K starting salary request was denied. Spoke with recruiter mostly and then once with hiring executive. Second executive declined to talk with me for the position.

Interview Questions

• What operational solution did you implement with past employer?   1 Answer

Independent Distributor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Shaklee (Atlanta, GA) in July 2009.

Interview

You can become a distributor by buying a product kit!

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayward, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shaklee (Hayward, CA) in January 2009.

Interview

I was interviewed by the people in the R&D lab. The atmosphere was very friendly and relaxed. The questions asked of me were mainly about the job and my skills relevant to the job I am applying for.

Interview Questions

• Are you legally authorized to work in the US?   1 Answer

International Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shaklee.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by email to set up an interview. Had a 1:1 interview for about an hour covering what the company needed. I followed up with questions about what type of employee they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• I was surprised to learn that I was being considered for a director position, not a manager position.   1 Answer