Shaw Industries Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Twisting Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dalton, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shaw Industries (Dalton, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview was quick and painless. The people I had to talk to were really pleasant and professional. They made it easy to relax and be myself during the entire process.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Shaw Industries.

Interview

Very professional but laid back. Be prepared for behavior questions. Starts out with tell me about yourself and other normal interview type questions then takes a transition into behavior. Overall, great interview experience and seems like an awesome company to work for.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when?
      How do you handle stess?
      Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Regional Sales Coordinator Interview

Interview

I applied for the Regional Sales Coordinator and within 3 weeks the regional VP emailed requesting to speak over the phone. I scheduled a time in which the VP offered to call me. That day came and I waited and waited. I never received a phone call! VERY UNPROFESSIONAL

Shaw Industries Response

Aug 9, 2017

Thanks for your feedback. We're very sorry to hear about the miscommunication. The position has not been filled, and we will make sure to follow up with you to gauge your interest. Again, our... More

Operations Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dalton, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shaw Industries (Dalton, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

Met with the recruiters at career fair and had an interview the next day. Asked basic behavioral questions using the STAR method. After that had an on-site interview in Dalton, GA. There were two interviews here, one with a HR person and another with an engineering manager. Both were pretty straightforward with basic behavioral questions. After the interviews we had lunch and a plant tour.

Interview Questions

• Why Shaw?
      Be sure to be able to describe the experience that you have on your resume.   Answer Question

Plant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dalton, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shaw Industries (Dalton, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

Initial phone interview then an on site interview at the location of the job. After that goes well and they like you, an interview with the direct hiring manager and his team is done at the Corporate headquarters in Dalton, GA.

Interview Questions

• They do use the "STARs" interview process   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dalton, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shaw Industries (Dalton, GA).

Interview

Very organized. Very friendly, yet professional. I met with each interviewer individually instead of as a panel. They put me at ease and even offered me water and/or coffee. I accepted a bottle of water.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of behavioral q's. One was How do you deal with conflict? Tell me about a time when you faced conflict in the workplace. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Shaw Industries (Tuscaloosa, AL) in February 2017.

Interview

One interview with a human resource manager. She was very friendly and made the interview very relaxed. Some situational questions and basic interview questions. Contacted me about 2 weeks later with an offer for an internship.

Operations Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dalton, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shaw Industries (Dalton, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interviewing process is a formal practical and situational based interview. The interviews tend to be an hour long each and you usually have to go through 3 interviews to get a position.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever found a solution to a problem but realized the scope of the job was to big for you to fix? what was your solution? how did you find out your solution wouldn't work.   Answer Question

Corporate Manufacturing Accountant (Entry Level) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dalton, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Shaw Industries (Dalton, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

I was called one day while in class from an unknown number. Not wanting to be rude, I ignored it during class, but immediately called afterwards. I was speaking to a Recruiter and she told me she would send me an e-mail with an invitation to a Virtual Interview. The interview was on December of 2016. I accepted the interview and prepared for it for 2 weeks. Once the day arrived, I found a quiet place at my local university campus to perform the interview. I had to dial in 10 minutes ahead of time and be present in the "virtual lobby" 10 minutes ahead as well. At 2:00 on the dot, a man appeared. He was part of the Manufacturing division Accounting team and told me a lady would join us shortly from the accounting division that handles reporting and SOX compliance, etc., Shortly after she joined they asked me basic questions regarding my resume and didn't really ask their "STAR" questions. In fact, they told me my "Next" interview would be where I would be given the star method. After 10 minutes of some basic background info. from my resume, it seemed they were looking for an accountant with at least a year's worth of experience with database programming such as SQL and VBA Macros building for Excel. Of course, I tried to elaborate that I was eager to learn, and my background could prove it. Nonetheless, they finished off by telling me that by the end of the week they wanted to fill 4 slots available for the position. Out of these 4 slots, 10 were chosen to be interviewed including me. However, the interviewees would actually get a face-to-face interview as opposed to mine. The man closed by telling me if they didn't narrow it down to 4 out of the 10 they were interviewing, then they would reach out to me for further interviews.

In the end, after one week went by, then another, then another. I finally received an e-mail confirmation a month after the interview telling me that the position had been filled. I never received a follow up interview and it seems they narrowed it down to their 4 entry-level accountants.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with SQL or VBA Macro building?   1 Answer

Regional Vice President Marketing, SE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dalton, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shaw Industries (Dalton, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

applied online. contacted within 2 weeks. asked to come for interview. paid mileage. not hotel. 2 panel interviews. 1st panel professional w/included hiring manager. 2nd panel unprofessional with ageist question/comment at parting. female in 2nd panel said she had opps and to contact her. 3x contacted her no answer, via phone, email. duplicitous. Hiring manager called next day and was very gracious yet said they went with an 'internal candidate'

Interview Questions

• Experience in growing business.
      Experience with specific account (Costco)
      Why interested in role.
      Would you relocate?

Age Question: "I think You are about my age"   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cartersville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Shaw Industries (Cartersville, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through company website. I was contacted by phone within 1 week to schedule an in person interview. First interview was with HR and Plant Manager. I was again contacted by phone within a few days to schedule a second interview. Second interview was with engineering director and process managers. Both interviews followed the same format. Interview format was structured to be consistent for each candidate by having predetermined questions. Questions were geared to competencies required for the job as outlined in the job description. Most of the questions were anticipated, but a few were not. Interviewers gave ample time to consider the questions and formulate answers.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to coach a coworker or employee. How did you know if your coaching was effective?   Answer Question