Shaw Industries Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 8, 2017

2.6

Corporate Manufacturing Accountant (Entry Level) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dalton, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Shaw Industries (Dalton, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

I was called one day while in class from an unknown number. Not wanting to be rude, I ignored it during class, but immediately called afterwards. I was speaking to a Recruiter and she told me she would send me an e-mail with an invitation to a Virtual Interview. The interview was on December of 2016. I accepted the interview and prepared for it for 2 weeks. Once the day arrived, I found a quiet place at my local university campus to perform the interview. I had to dial in 10 minutes ahead of time and be present in the "virtual lobby" 10 minutes ahead as well. At 2:00 on the dot, a man appeared. He was part of the Manufacturing division Accounting team and told me a lady would join us shortly from the accounting division that handles reporting and SOX compliance, etc., Shortly after she joined they asked me basic questions regarding my resume and didn't really ask their "STAR" questions. In fact, they told me my "Next" interview would be where I would be given the star method. After 10 minutes of some basic background info. from my resume, it seemed they were looking for an accountant with at least a year's worth of experience with database programming such as SQL and VBA Macros building for Excel. Of course, I tried to elaborate that I was eager to learn, and my background could prove it. Nonetheless, they finished off by telling me that by the end of the week they wanted to fill 4 slots available for the position. Out of these 4 slots, 10 were chosen to be interviewed including me. However, the interviewees would actually get a face-to-face interview as opposed to mine. The man closed by telling me if they didn't narrow it down to 4 out of the 10 they were interviewing, then they would reach out to me for further interviews.

In the end, after one week went by, then another, then another. I finally received an e-mail confirmation a month after the interview telling me that the position had been filled. I never received a follow up interview and it seems they narrowed it down to their 4 entry-level accountants.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with SQL or VBA Macro building?   1 Answer

Regional Vice President Marketing, SE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dalton, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shaw Industries (Dalton, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

applied online. contacted within 2 weeks. asked to come for interview. paid mileage. not hotel. 2 panel interviews. 1st panel professional w/included hiring manager. 2nd panel unprofessional with ageist question/comment at parting. female in 2nd panel said she had opps and to contact her. 3x contacted her no answer, via phone, email. duplicitous. Hiring manager called next day and was very gracious yet said they went with an 'internal candidate'

Interview Questions

• Experience in growing business.
      Experience with specific account (Costco)
      Why interested in role.
      Would you relocate?

Age Question: "I think You are about my age"
      Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cartersville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Shaw Industries (Cartersville, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through company website. I was contacted by phone within 1 week to schedule an in person interview. First interview was with HR and Plant Manager. I was again contacted by phone within a few days to schedule a second interview. Second interview was with engineering director and process managers. Both interviews followed the same format. Interview format was structured to be consistent for each candidate by having predetermined questions. Questions were geared to competencies required for the job as outlined in the job description. Most of the questions were anticipated, but a few were not. Interviewers gave ample time to consider the questions and formulate answers.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to coach a coworker or employee. How did you know if your coaching was effective?   Answer Question

Production Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dalton, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shaw Industries (Dalton, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Targeted selection - future potential based on past performance - good concept. The process starts with the job posting give competencies that you can prepare for. It is a good concept IF you follow the regiment.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when...   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Shaw Industries (New York, NY).

Interview

Initial contact, video interviews (approx. 4), verbal offer, then written offer. After meeting them at my university career fair, I was so excited to speak more with them. Everyone was so lighthearted and fun for such a large, global company.

Cabler Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aiken, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shaw Industries (Aiken, SC) in July 2016.

Interview

Over the phone basic not to detailed questions and very nice. There were no tricky questions or irrelevant questions. It was straight forward they also asked how many times in a year was i absent. After the over phone interview i was called the next day for a face to face the following Tuesday. That interview was 3 hours walking around the plant and being introduced to people. Then one by one you're interviewed while everyone else watches the line worker demonstrate the job applied for. After that you have a second interview with the head of HR. Basic personality questions. A week or two later they'll call you to finish up paper work and do a drug screen and tell you orientation.

Interview Questions

• What manufacturing experience do i have   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations. Just accept the job, pay is more than im used to so i accepted.

EHS Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dalton, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Shaw Industries (Dalton, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

Typical competency based interview questions which reviewed the key competencies required for the job as listed in the vacancy announcement. Panel type interview process. Very professional and straight forward interview questions and process.

Heat Set Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aiken, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shaw Industries (Aiken, SC) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process consisted of three interviews. First you are interviewed by the plant manager, then the department supervisor and the HR manager. Then they give you a tour of all the jobs in the plant. This process takes about an hour and a half. Finally, they will call you back with a decision after your background comes back with takes about two weeks but varies from person to person.

Sales Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dalton, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Shaw Industries (Dalton, GA).

Interview

I had 2 web interviews and then flew down to Dalton, GA for in person interviews. Everyone was extremely nice, no trick questions but I was by far prepared for the interview. It was difficult because you had to know yourself from your perspective and others. Just take time to reflect on that and what makes you a good fit. Also come with questions.

Interview Questions

• How would your best friend describe you   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Shaw Industries.

Interview

Carey Stevens is an amazing person. It took me an unexpectedly long time to complete the interview Process, It usually doesn't take as long as me. Once In Dalton for Final interviews, it can get intimidating but all the people there are so nice.