Shelby County Government Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Shelby County Government Interview Questions

2.2

Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shelby County Government.

Interview

When I applied I only had to participate in a 1 on 1 interview. Formal attire but felt like a friendly conversation. Show up prepared, look professional (dress well), and know why you want to work there. Very basic. Have a resume with you when you appear. Overall a very positive experience.

Accountant A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shelby County Government (Memphis, TN) in July 2016.

Interview

Few questions asked in person. I was informed about the duties of the position that I was being interviewed. I was given a overview of the office and what it does for the Shelby County.

Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Shelby County Government (Memphis, TN) in May 2016.

Interview

the interview process is extremely long its really not worth the wait after you complete your 9 weeks of pointless training. nothing is as it seems after you graduate the academy is a waste of time it shouldnt be 9 weeks long

Elections Operation Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Shelby County Government (Memphis, TN) in October 2014.

Interview

Pretty straight forward. The application process is all done online. Pretty simple questions like "Are you a felon?" no real abstract questions were posed and the only requirement was that I had to pass a background check.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been convicted of a felony?   1 Answer

Janitor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shelby County Government (Memphis, TN) in June 2012.

Interview

The interview was like any other inteview. It was about janitor stuff. It was for couty governemrtn in Memphis. I love the place and will go back if they want me to come bacl to it.

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shelby County Government (Memphis, TN) in January 2012.

Interview

Met with individual over all of the attorneys on a one on one basis in her office. Office staff was very friendly and welcoming. Interviewer was friendly and easy to converse with. About half-way into the interview I was under the impression that I was given an interview as a favor to another long-time County employee with a long history in Memphis.

Mpo Transportation Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Shelby County Government (Memphis, TN) in September 2011.

Interview

I applied online, and was contacted for an interview about three weeks later. I was in inteviewed by the outgoing person and the MPO director. The interview was very friendly and of average difficulty. I heard via an automated email about four months later that the position had been filled.

Interview Questions

• What would you accomplish in this job in the first 90 days?   Answer Question

Psychological Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shelby County Government (Memphis, TN) in August 2009.

Interview

Contacted by phone to set up the interview date and time. Interviewed by the person in charge and one other. Submitted a writing sample. Lasted approximately one hour. Everyone very friendly and professional.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about bringing yourself up to speed on the technical requirements required of the position?   Answer Question

Dental Hygienist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shelby County Government (Memphis, TN) in February 2008.

Interview

I applied online months in advance of the opening. I then, was called in for an interview and went to a job site. I was required to have a background check and a physical.

The people, office and and work culture were wonderful for the first few years. That has changed over time as new people came on board.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working on children?   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable working in many different environments and with divers individuals?   Answer Question

Negotiation