Cover image for ShelfGenie

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

ShelfGenie Interview Questions

Updated Apr 29, 2016

To filter interviews, or .
Found 5 of over 5 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at ShelfGenie

ShelfGenie

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at ShelfGenie

Interview

This was the strangest interview I think I have had. I applied for the designer/sales position at one of the franchises. The position ended up being a 1099 position. There seems to be no good reason to work at one of these franchises. Because it's a 1099 position ShelfGenie can avoid paying for pretty much everything. No benefits, no gas reimbursement, you supply a lap top and printer, only hiring part time with no plan for full timers, no commitment on their part for pretty much anything. You are expected to be at trade shows and you don't get paid for it (you might get leads). You even have to pay for your own ShelfGenie catalogues to give to customers. I asked if I busted my hump on my sales could I go full time. I was told possibly but no promises. I was talked out of working for them. I was accepted for the position and was sent the contract. Wow, terrible business model. As a independent contractor (yes the design/sales position) you are responsible for collecting the down payment and final payments from the customer. You have to make a final stop when the job is done to check on things. If the customer doesn't pay, ShelfGenie bills you for the commission. Because you are responsible for it. In other words they do very little and you do 80% of the work and the majority of the responsibility is on your shoulders. They even had a non-compete cause.

Interview Questions
  • Do you have a laptop and printer.
    Answer Question
2 people found this interview helpful

ShelfGenie

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ShelfGenie in Jan 2015

Interview

Great interview process. I completed 3 rounds of interviews. I had a phone call, short 30 minute interview and then a long (3 hour) interview. At the end of the interview process I got to know the company really well as well as the executives that were interviewing me. We built great rapport and it was clear that they really cared about culture fit, which made me feel better about accepting the position.

Interview Questions
  • They asked me about my career choices, my career history, what I love most, do best and like least. They asked about my career progression goals as well as why I would be a great fit.
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ShelfGenie (Atlanta, GA) in Apr 2014

Interview

The hiring managers brought in five applicants at once, which is generally unheard of when interviewing outside of retail positions. They went around the table of the five of us, to ask their questions – making it very obvious that they expected you to one-up the person who answered before you. The entire process was uncomfortable and I found the environment they were attempting to create amongst myself and the other applicants to be quite hostile. Out of all of the companies I've interviewed for, this one has proven to be the most unprofessional and unwelcoming.

Interview Questions
  • What do you consider your greatest accomplishment?
  • What level of (Javascript) coding experience do you have?
  • What do you consider your ideal work environment?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at ShelfGenie (Columbus, OH) in Mar 2012

Interview

I saw an ad on zip recruiter and applied for the job. I received an email with several questions that I answered then I was contacted for a phone interview. This Phone interview took approximately 30-45 minutes and at the end I truly understood the position I had applied for. Then the Franchisee invited me to ride along on an appointment so I could see 1st hand what the day to day life of a designer was like. After the appointment we had coffee and talked further. Several days later i was contacted and offered the position.

Interview Questions
  • What in the job posting made me want to apply for this position?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ShelfGenie (Atlanta, GA) in Jan 2012

Interview

quick, easy, informative and i truly enjoyed the experience., even though the gentleman that interviewed me is no longer a part of the company., He was kind friendly and a good fit but i guess there are reasons for a persons departure that are not made quite clear

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Popular Careers with ShelfGenie Job Seekers