Sheppard Mullin Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 22, 2017

2.9

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sheppard Mullin (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied through the on campus recruiting program. I was notified that I received a callback the night of my first round interview. The second interview occurred at the office. I met with 5 attorneys at the firm and then went to dinner with 2 more.

Interview Questions

• Why did you go to law school?   1 Answer

Paralegal Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Interview

Precise, to the point, professional. Congenial. Thorough. One on one. Not necessarily knowledgeable about my particular area of law. Willing to engage in discussions for salary being commensurate with professional experience.

Interview Questions

• What was this traffic issue on your profile?   1 Answer

Legal Secretary Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sheppard Mullin in January 2016.

Interview

Recruiter called to provide job opening and job criteria. Recruiter sets up interview. Met with office manager, secretary, attorney first round. Second round met with a partner. Fairly basic interview conversation and process.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to leave your current position? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Network Services Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sheppard Mullin (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Interview was great, manager went through my resume and asked questions related to my resume. the manager explained everything about the position and company, it was a really pleasant experience, I am glad they hired me

Interview Questions

• What was my biggest accomplishment`   1 Answer

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sheppard Mullin (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

There is a process in my law school called early interview program where students can bid for interviews. The interview process was one on one at first. Then you get a second call and you are interviewed with four different people in 20 minute increments.

Interview Questions

• What did you do in your past job   1 Answer

Office Services Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sheppard Mullin (Palo Alto, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

On the phone then in person interview with office manager. Very informal, invited others into the interview to assess personality. Some quizzes were given to assess editing and problem solving skills.

Interview Questions

• "you are over qualified, why do you want this job?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. Raises are given often so base pay was not a concern. Hours were good.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sheppard Mullin (San Diego, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Initial interview was with 3 different people individually - one partner and two associates. The interview process was conducted at the office and in the conference room. I met with all three interviewers back to back.

Interview Questions

• What experiences did you gather at your prior law firm.   1 Answer

Business Development Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sheppard Mullin (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

The interview was average in terms of difficulty. The receptionist was nice, as were the interviewers. I was first phone screened, and then invited to the office to interview with the hiring manager and other team members. They seemed like a good bunch of people to work with. Overall, the interview process was average. Nothing too great, nothing horrible.