Sherwin Alumina Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sherwin Alumina

Unit Process Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gregory, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sherwin Alumina (Gregory, TX).

Interview

Went to the office and asked for a job. They asked if I was healthy and if I would work shift work. I was told how much the job paid and basic duties.

Interview Questions

• What did I expect to achieve from this job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, take it or not.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sherwin Alumina.

Interview

Paper work has to be done prior to the interview. There's a plant tour either before or after the interview. Interview went well, nothing too hard.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time that you were wrong and how did you correct yourself   Answer Question

Electrician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin Alumina.

Interview

General competency test, Electrical Technical test, hands on demonstration, then interview. If all passed, then physical ability screen, drug screen, and background check.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to answer questions on a specific events in your work history. They may be around safety, teamwork, what you liked or didn't like about your previous job   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. This job has a set pay that has been set by company/union agreement.

Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gregory, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sherwin Alumina (Gregory, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

Standard canned interview with questions asked by several panels of interviewers. Some of the questions seemed to be repeated by the next panel, but were asked in different ways. Interviewers were from several levels of management and from various areas of the plant.

Interview Questions

• Was there ever a time that you had to enlist the help of others across deparments to accomplish a goal.   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sherwin Alumina (Corpus Christi, TX) in April 2010.

Interview

I was flown to Corpus Christi, put up in a hotel and given a rental car which I thought was very impressive for the times. The interview started the next morning early and lasted until about an hour before my flight took off. The 2 panel interview was grueling at times but good. They lasted roughly an hour each. I also was taken to lunch and given a plant tour.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with conflict?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations

Associate Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sherwin Alumina in September 2011.

Interview

Career Fair interview: they asked if I had any experience in dealing with safety and plant operations in a manufacturing plant or petroleum plant, of which I had plenty of safety but lacked on plant side... The next questioned concerned whether or not I was willing to relocate to Corpus Christi Tx, of which I said I was totally open to. With that they said that I sounded like a great candidate and took my resume. Never heard back...

Interview Questions

• Do you have plant operations experience and safety training?   1 Answer