Shoplet.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Shoplet.com

2.4

PHP Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shoplet.com (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

This guy named Arkadiy gave me a 1-hour assessment to complete. I had some trouble with it to the point where I knew blew my shot at a position within the company. When I was done, he came back into the room about 10 min later and smelled like smoke. It was DISGUSTING. Then, he was quite rude when he didn't approve of my answers. I tried to weather the storm by being professional and keeping my cool. However, this guy then asked me on an answer to 1 of the questions, "What the hell is that?" I was absolutely stunned and disgusted at such a reaction. I flat out told him that I'm not ready for the position. To be honest, I withdrew myself from the application process due to his condescending and patronizing nature towards me.

Interview Questions

• It was an assessment, so basic questions on PHP/MySQL.   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shoplet.com (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

none basically. you will get the job

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Shoplet.com.

Interview

3 Total interviews, managers were very nice and accommodating. CEO asks a few questions about yourself. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Don't even bother. If you have a decent resume and are moderately intelligent, they will hire you on the spot. I would strongly advise against working here.

Intern Interview

Interview

Short, delayed. The interview itself isn't hard, it's just the person asking you the questions isn't well versed in what they're talking about. Very generic, unspecific questions. Office is very hot while waiting and has many interns.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shoplet.com (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Completed an interview with 3 different members of the team all in one hour. The first interview was with a member of the marketing team who you would be working with, the second was with the head of marketing and the third was with a member of HR (I think). They offered me the internship position at the end of the three interviews before I even left the office, but I had to kindly refuse upon hearing the monthly salary that was being offered for the position.

Inside Sales Interview

Interview

Found me on craigslist...strike 1....said I could make at least $60k/year which was false strike 2....found I couldn't make that much after learning the process and commission structure...strike 3 I'm outta there!!

Interview Questions

• Don't worry about it...if you get this job you don't really want it. Just go in confident.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Wasn't much.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shoplet.com (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

After I first applied, it took them 3 months to contact me, so I guess I should've known something was strange right away, but nevertheless, I talked to them, and went in for a first interview. It went great, and we actually scheduled my second interview as the first one was being wrapped up.
    However, an emergency came up the day of my second interview, so I asked if I could reschedule for either the next morning, or perhaps even later the same day, if possible. Imagine my shock when I received a response saying that they were "unable to reschedule"- and that was it. I responded by e-mail, but then decided to also call, because I was very concerned by this response. I was told that it was "company policy not to reschedule interviews" because of the "high number of no-shows". I explained that I was not a 'no-show"; I contacted them almost 3 hours in advance asking to reschedule because of something that was beyond my control. I plead my case, explaining that this was a second interview opportunity, and that if we could just reschedule it for even an hour or so later than the original time that I would be able to make it. The person I spoke with still refused. I politely said that it didn't seem right that I should lose out on this opportunity because of circumstances I couldn't control, but she just said sorry, repeated that it was company policy, and that was it.
    I have never, ever dealt with something like this, or been treated this way by a potential employer. It seems odd to me that if a company was interested enough to set up a second interview that they wouldn't be willing to reschedule within a reasonable amount of time if something came up. Emergencies happen. Interviews sometimes need to be rescheduled. Even if this is their company policy, I still find it shocking that they would be so inflexible and unwilling to make an exception.
    Perhaps they feel that qualified candidates are a dime a dozen. This couldn't be further from the truth, but regardless, I wish them the best of luck in finding one.
    Given the amount of negative reviews here, perhaps they did me a favor. Nevertheless, I still feel very burned, and resentful of the time I wasted.

Interview Questions

• We deal with A LOT of irate customers; what do you think is most important when dealing with an irate customer?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Shoplet.com (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

There was a three part interview process.

First you meet with the customer service manager.
    Second you meet with the VP.
    Third you meet with the CEO.

When I first got here to do the interview I had to wait longer because the customer service manager forgot about my interview. I really didn't mind because I am patience, I did the interview with him and it went really well. So I moved forward with the second interview with the VP the interview was short and I was told that that would get a call setting me up for the third interview with the CEO. I never got a call and when I called to follow up I was told to leave my number and they would get back to me, which they never did.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Shoplet.com (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

Initial interview was with a sales rep, who was very nice, though I was applying for customer service. I then met with the customer service manager who was on her cell phone most of the time. Then the owner who also wasn't very nice. Should've took the hint then. Accepted offer and resigned the 3rd day of my 3rd week