Shorelight Education Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Shorelight Education

2.8

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Shorelight Education (Boston, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

They play you along over the phone three different interviews then send me a one sentence not interested. Only to get a text a month later to do a face to face. I rescheduled everything to accommodate them and after three hours and 4 people I still don't get the job. These people are simply cruel they really drag you along and have no care whatsoever about the candidates. What a joke.

Associate Director of Admissions Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Shorelight Education.

Interview

Terrible. This company does not ask when you want to interview. They just tell you the time and date of your interview (typically the next day). The interview process also drags and drags without the recruiters giving you any updates. After about a month of reaching out and not hearing from them, I assumed I was out of the running and they let me know I have another interview. After the interview, I am interested again and don't hear back for a few weeks before getting a general email that they are going with other candidates. The lack of communication between Shorelight and candidates is really unfortunate.

Interview Questions

• They asked the standard interview questions about interest in the role, company and background.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shorelight Education (Boston, MA).

Interview

The interview process included a phone screening with HR, a phone interview with the hiring manager and in person interviews with the hiring manager and additional members of team. Not too bad.

Interview Questions

• Questions were fairly typical, no curve balls. They just tried to get to know me and assess my qualifications for the role. Pretty laid back.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shorelight Education (Boston, MA) in December 2017.

Interview

I found the listing on LinkedIn. I applied online. I received an offer to set up a phone interview with an HR rep. The phone interview went well. I then had a video interview with the team manager for the position. That went well so I was hired. The phone interview with the HR rep was longer than the video interview. It seemed like the manager already decided he wanted to hire me based on the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were pretty straightforward. They asked me about my prior work experience, why I wanted to work there, what skills I had, etc. Nothing crazy or unexpected.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Shorelight Education (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was told about the company from a current employee I knew. I applied online and then was then contacted by HR about a preliminary phone interview a few days after I applied. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes and we talked about my previous experiences and more about Shorelight and the culture here. Later that same day I was contacted again by HR to set up an in-person interview in a few weeks. About two weeks later I came into the office for 3 interviews that lasted about 30 minutes each. I was then contacted the next morning and was given an offer which I accepted.

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shorelight Education (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

Met with Recruiter by phone and hiring manager by phone initially and met cross functional team at the office. Wonderful team of people that were very focused on Serving Students and culture seemed open and collaborative. Very friendly and answered all questions

Interview Questions

• Tell me your story...lots of questions along the way.behavioral questions   Answer Question

Student Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Shorelight Education.

Interview

Hectic interview process, different recruiters as a point of contact. They are very unprofessional in their approach to potential candidates. After my final in-person interview I got 0 responses to my follow-ups. Then, over a month later, a recruiter I never worked with before sent me a generic "thanks for considering us" email and even said, "It has been my pleasure to help you through this process."

Academic Advisor Interview

Application

Interview

All the reviews on this site are extremely real regarding the terrible interview process. I was interviewed 5 times, re-arranged my schedule, told every time how great I was and how I was going to go to the next step in the process, only to have them go complete radio silence on me in the end. Sent a super short email to the HR person I’d been communicating with to see if they were still interested, didn’t even have the courtesy to send me an email back. Really bad, please trust these reviews.

Academic Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Shorelight Education (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

During the interview process, you speak with all members and levels of the company. However, there is no feedback given along the way. I interviewed with them twice, and the first time, the opportunity was no longer available, but I will still interviewing with 2-3 people a week. It was a waste of my time.

Also, the second time I went through the interviewing process, it was better organized, but I also felt that the people interviewing me were not cognizant of my own responsibilities. For example, they would call me randomly and ask me to be available for an interview that afternoon within 2-3 hours. That's really unprofessional and doesn't reflect well.

Interview Questions

• There was a lof of emphasis on tracking progression for students to ensure that they would complete the program and enter their pathway program.   Answer Question

Instructor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Shorelight Education.

Interview

I had an initial interview that went pretty well. Then I was contacted by their scheduling department for a second Skype interview. It was difficult to schedule because it was being coordinated by a third person. At the time of the interview I waited to be contacted and nothing happened. I couldn't contact the person I was to interview with because I didn't have his contact information. I eventually reached the scheduling department, and they said the interviewer had both called on the phone and contacted me through Skype -- not true on either account. We rescheduled.

I then had a short 10 - 15 minute interview and heard nothing for four months. I have just been offered an adjunct position.