Short Elliott Hendrickson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Short Elliott Hendrickson Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Short Elliott Hendrickson

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Short Elliott Hendrickson.

Interview

First interview was with department lead.

Second interview was meeting the rest of the team, which was very helpful.

Third interview was with the regional leader, which was extremely uncomfortable for reasons explained later.

Fourth time to the office was to complete the industrial psychology assessment.

Shall I go on? Ah, yes. You also take 3 hours of online assessments and hold a 1-hour call with the industrial psychologist. In a nutshell, the company has an extensive and slow interview process.

It is unfortunate that potential candidates meet with the non-engineer regional leader who vehemently touts that he "will" be the next CEO and then continues to only describe himself and his accomplishments. He showed no interest in the interview process other than the interest he took in himself. Narcissistic bosses are not uncommon but usually are capable of not exhibiting narcissistic traits during the interview. Not this one. I heard he does this often in many other interviews as well so it was a relief to find out that I wasn't the only soul that endured the self-proclaimed rant.

And to respond to the next section of interview questions. For the third interview, no questions were asked - it was simply a soliloquy by the regional leader, where you're the mirror on the bathroom wall.

The 1-hour phone call with the industrial psychologist included numerous repeated questions so be prepared as consistency is part of what the industrial psychologist was observing.

Interview Questions

• What roles did you hold on projects listed on your resume and can you describe in more detail the associated responsibilities?   Answer Question
    • What are your greatest strengths and weaknesses, and how do you address your weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • Do you enjoy working with younger staff, and in what capacity?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Short Elliott Hendrickson in January 2015.

Interview

Phone screen with HR and then a senior engineer. HR said they were interviewing multiple candidates and would follow up with everyone after the interview on status, but I never heard back from them. Word of advice - if you aren't interested in a candidate, just let them know. It is unprofessional to never follow up.

Geotechnical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Short Elliott Hendrickson.

Interview

Short quick phone call from HR first, and then Skype interview with head of the department, then an onsite interview. Met with HR talked about benefit, and then met with department leaders from all disciplines. then lunch, and final chat with HR

Interview Questions

• just normal chat, be confident and be yourself will be enough   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Short Elliott Hendrickson (Saint Paul, MN) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process included a phone interview with multiple people (separate phone calls). Mine included regional manager and immediate supervisor. In person interview was a 6 person panel interview with managers of related departments. The interview questions were very standard and there were no difficult questions.

Graduate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Short Elliott Hendrickson.

Interview

In fact, it's not a really interview, just some questions before the real interview.
    This morning, a man called me to ask some questions.
    1、Do your have work permit in US?
    2、Why you choose Civil / Geotechnical Engineering as your major?
    3、Which class you like during you study as a graduate student?
    4、Describe the software you could use.
    5、Describe your previous work experience.
    6、Your plan for next 5 years after graduate.
    7、Do you like to relocate?

Then he told me I will be informed if I could have a chance to have interview. The interview will be in following two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Which class you like during you study as a graduate student?   Answer Question