Showtime Networks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 17, 2017

2.5

Project Manager - Product Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Showtime Networks (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. There was an initial phone screening. Then there was second interview by phone with the director of project management.

Was then contacted and told that a onsite interviewed was to be scheduled.

No contact after that.

Manager Distribution Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Showtime Networks (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I received an initial phone call from the HR Specialist reiterating the job and to set up an face to face interview.

Had a face to face interview with the SVP, Director, Manager, and another employee of the department.

Interview Questions

• If money was no object what would be one job I would love to do.   1 Answer
    • My favorite Showtime show.   1 Answer
    • Detail what my job/responsibilities were at my previous employers.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Showtime Networks (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I was approached by the HR who was very friendly. The interviewer seemed nice but the tech screen was mostly informal. Eventually the same day I was given a take home tech assignment, which I was given a week to do but I wrapped it up within a day. I spent time on that project inspite of being busy with my current job and other issues I was dealing with and submitted it way before the deadline and then never heard back for a couple of days, but then I kept calling every day and I was told they are waiting for feedback and they kept pushing the date. I was pretty sure they would be impressed with my work as I did exactly what they asked and went above and beyond doing trying to do things spending time on a project that had too many restrictions. Finally, after calling tirelessly for a week to follow up with the updates I was told the job was given to someone internally. I know there are requirements to advertise the job outside for name sake before giving it to someone internal, but this is ridiculous, I would be fine if they never responded after the interview, but they made me do this ridiculous take home assignment which took hours from my busy schedule. I would strongly suggest not to interview with this company as they just waste your time and finally give the job to someone internal, if you are seriously looking for a job, please try with companies that value your time and don't make you do useless projects.

Android Developer ‐ Product Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Showtime Networks.

Interview

They e-mailed me stating they wanted to hold a telephonic interview and what date and time would work for me. I responded the same day but they never e-mailed me back. I followed up a week later with a phone call and they said that they still wanted to hold the interview but were waiting on the hiring manager and that they would contact me when they were ready. I waited an additional three weeks and called again to follow up. They said the position was still open and that I should call next Monday. I called and was told that the position was already filled. They never held the interview with me or allowed me to demonstrate my abilities. Very unprofessional.

Analyst (Manager) Interview

Interview

The phone interview was pretty standard but what was really bothersome was that the job was advertised as an analyst role but it was a manager role and they wanted to pay you as an analyst while you worked as a manager. Not cool or very ethical if you ask me. The recruiter sounded bored and read me all the bullet points on the job description; got it - I am capable of reading! Overall I basically hung up the phone on this shady situation. RUN!

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Showtime Networks.

Interview

The two employees who interviewed me were clearly not prepared for my interview. I think there may have been a scheduling miscommunication because they both seemed surprised to see me. This was extremely disappointing because I was not asked back for a second interview. I was incredibly proud to get this interview yet was treated very poorly by the staff.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Showtime Networks (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

First step is a Basic HR/Recruiter asking about your past experiments and what your looking for in this position.

Second step is a conversation a technical phone screen and a home work project

Interview Questions

Be persistent with the recruiter

Corporate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Showtime Networks (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied for the position online and was contacted by HR. I spoke with the HR representative and he setup another interview with his manager. I spoke with the HR manager and was told to await an email for details on an interview with the hiring manager and SVP. I received the email with the scheduled time a few days later. I went in to the office and interviewed with both the SVP and hiring manager. Most of the questions were by the SVP initially and then she left after 15 minutes. The hiring manager then asked questions about my viewing habits and then told me to await for contact from him about next steps. Never heard back from the hiring manager. The HR representative never responded to any of my emails or phone calls.

Sales and Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Showtime Networks.

Interview

Three rounds of phone interviews. The first was a phone screening that caught me off guard. It was very casual and short, asked very general questions. The second interview was with HR and this was more lengthy and more of a serious interview. I unfortunately did not make it to the third round of interviews but the third round is conducted with the manager of the department you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in the entertainment industry?   Answer Question

Director Program Advertiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Showtime Networks (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Began with an email outreach. Then afollowed by a short phone prescreen (20 min). In person interview was scheduk d thereafter. I was made to wait quite a while in lobby, about 30-40 mins. Spent about 1 hr with hiring manager. Followed up with email questions and thank you. No reply from hiring manager.