Showtime Networks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Showtime Networks

2.6

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Showtime Networks (New York, NY) in September 2019.

Interview

Call with head of hiring. Promised to follow up within a week, never heard from them even after multiple follow ups over several weeks. Really surprised by lack of follow up for an executive level role. Wouldn't consider them again after this experience

Data Scientist Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Showtime Networks.

Interview

Terrible interview experience. Got contacted by the recruiter and set up a call with the recruiter and then with the hiring manager. The HR was very rude and tried very hard to ask me expected salary. The phone interview with the hiring manger was bad - he asked me dozens of low-quality questions he found online. And he is looking for short/overly-simplified answers and cannot understand anything beyond that. There is also a weird question "what text editor do you use?" - I got asked by the recruiter and the hiring manager. I thought maybe they are looking for people who manly work with vim, but it turns out that they use Spyder and another possibly Atom. I still don't understand the purpose of this question.
    The recruiter said that they are looking for someone more technical. However, based on the interview experience, I think this is def not a good place if you want something more technical. (also the pay might be low based on the recruiter's questions and response)

Interview Questions

• What text editor do you use?
      What's the difference between join and left join?
      What's bias-variance tradeoff ?
      What's the difference between list and tuple in python?
      What's list comprehension?
      What's overfitting?
      ...   Answer Question

Digital Media Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Showtime Networks in July 2019.

Interview

This was probably one of the worst interviews I've had in a very long time. Granted, I was quite nervous because this was the largest (and reputable) company where I got through to actually speaking to a recruiter--forgive me, I'm still in the early stages of my career :)

Anyway, I applied for a position about three weeks before I got an email from a recruiter for a phone screen. The recruiter was more concerned with my current location and started grilling me about why I want to work in New York and that they didn't offer relocation assistance. (I live in Philly, I don't know why this is such a big deal). They even asked why I'm looking for jobs out of my city and "don't they have opportunities in media where you're from?" I....wanted to hang up right then and there. Like, I understand wanting to establish where the position is located and making sure that the applicant understands this, especially if they're not local, but to continuously point it out as if it's going to be an issue? I feel like they were just fishing to see if I'm only interested in a job in New York because it's New York (so glamorous)--totally not the case, but it's really none of their business to know WHY I'm applying for jobs out of state (answer: because I can).

Overall, they seemed entirely bored (and I equally frustrated), and barely let me talk about my experience and why I could be a "good fit" for the role. When they asked if I had any questions and I asked, it almost sounded like they didn't want to answer.

The call lasted less than 10 minutes, haha. I emailed with some follow-up questions and got no response--pretty indicative that I did NOT move to the next round.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Showtime Networks (New York, NY) in February 2019.

Interview

I applied online and then got a phone interview in about a week. The interview itself was short. Asked normal questions, nothing too difficult. Questions were mostly about TV and about college. Heard back in a few days.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Showtime Networks.

Interview

Applied online and got an initial phone interview with HR. The HR person I interviewed with was quite possibly the rudest person I have ever interviewed with. He asked what I wanted for my salary and I said "I'm not sure, it would depend on a few things, what is the range" and then he said "No, this isn't how it works. I see you put $75,000 on your application" and then he launched into a long tangent about how that's a reasonable salary for my experience and that if I had put something higher it would have been unreasonable. But guess, what 90% of any other phone interviews I have had, the HR person just straight up tells me what the salary range is so yeah, that is how it works. Later I went back and looked at my application and it turned out I had put a higher number so I'm guessing it was some kind of test to brow beat my salary expectations.

I ended up getting another interview with someone on the team which I thought had gone okay. He said he would get back to me within a few days. I never heard anything. I followed up with an e-mail and still never heard anything back. Extremely unprofessional overall.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the distribution of watch time for something on their streaming service.   Answer Question

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Showtime Networks (New York, NY) in August 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by a Talent Acquisition person after I applied online. They asked why I wanted to take the Front End Position and said that they have a Full Stack position they would to submit me for instead, which I agreed and that they would call me back that following Monday. They never called me and when I followed up 4 days later they said they're not moving forward due to my salary requirements.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Interview

Two in person interviews. First interview was two separate meetings with senior managers, thirty minutes each. Second interview was 3 weeks later and was one thirty minute meeting with two directors. Very slow process.

Program Planning and Scheduling Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Showtime Networks (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

I applied online. About 3-4 weeks later, an HR rep called to do a preliminary interview (ie Why Showtime?) and then we scheduled an interview with the department supervisors. A week after that, I interviewed with the directors of the department.

Interview Questions

• What kind of TV shows and movies do you watch?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Showtime Networks in February 2018.

Interview

I had a Skype session with the assistants in the department of internship that went well. They were very friendly and the call lasted around 30 minutes. I didn't get the internship, but they did call me about a job opening four months later (but I had another job by then).

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Showtime Networks (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied to a lot of Showtime internships in November 2017 and got an e-mail two days later, asking to forward my resume because apparently I didn't attach it. The next business day, I got a call for a pre-screening and was invited to come in for an interview for Digital/Social Media at Smithsonian Networks the following week.

I met with the head of the department and she was really nice. It was informal, but quite long. I think I was a little caught off-guard because I didn't know much about Smithsonian Networks... only about Showtime. So, my fault. At the end, she sent a writing test and I replied, but haven't heard back and see it the opening continuously posted, which means I didn't get it.