Shure Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Shure Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2017

Meteorology Lab Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Niles, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Shure (Niles, IL).

Interview

There were multiple interviews via phone and in person. However, the process was very straightforward. No gotcha questions. The interviewers were all very calm and easy-going.

Interview Questions

• They focused, it seemed, more on my personality and interactiveness that anything. One question that stood out was about how I would deal with managing tenured personnel being a new manager.   1 Answer

Retail Channel Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niles, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Shure (Niles, IL).

Interview

Very comprehensive screening process—Shure is very particular about their candidate qualifications and it shows in the quality of the workplace and of the work Shure produces. I was selected by an outside recruiter who was extremely thorough in preparing me for the interview process, and the internal HR staff described the details of the position in exacting detail. Process moved extremely quickly despite the rounds of interviews, and a portfolio was definitely helpful. Corporate culture was very visible, however it's a very professional, polished and passionate group. During my visit, I was given a tour of the state-of-the-art facility and met with 5 separate individuals across multiple categories. While disappointed I didn't get the gig, the demeanor of the staff was incredibly genial and open to my ideas and contributions. Product knowledge is paramount, so if you're not familiar with the industry, study up.

Automated Test Software Interview

Anonymous Employee in Niles, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Shure (Niles, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process mainly consisted of two parts: a pre-recorded video interview and an on-site interview. The video interview asked basic behavioral and low-technical questions. In the on-site interview (three, 30-minute sessions), I first met with one HR employee who asked general questions about previous work and leadership experience. I then met separately with two engineers who asked me OOP and Data Structure problems ranging from general to specific.

Embedded Systems Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Niles, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Shure (Niles, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

I submitted my application online. They contacted me and arranged a phone interview with Director of SW development weeks a later. He asked about my background based on my resume. Then, I had three times half-day onsite interview. It took a month to go through these Interviews. First, I met four Engineers in the team, and been asked some basic technical questions. Second, I met one SW Manager, and another four Engineers in the team. It covered some more technical questions and need to draw some scratches to do some fast system design and interpretation. Last round, I met the HR representative and CTO. They asked some of my background and behavior questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain inheritance in C++?What is polymorphism? What problem can be solve by polymorphism? What is Virtual Function and Virtual class? What do you know about Design Pattern? Design a simple C++ Virtual Class and a simple class extend it. Design a simple container class of previous Class. If the content class being modified, how to avoid container class recompile.   Answer Question
    • What is your experience about openWRT? What is your experience about FreeRTOS? What makes a RTOS system different? What do you know about Interrupt? How to setup Interrupt Handler? Design a real-time display system in a given structure, e.g. FPGA, DSP and MCU, with RTOS system.   Answer Question
    • When do you need multithreading? How does different thread or process communicate with each other? How do you make Thread safe.   Answer Question
    • What will happen when you connect in a WIFI network? Different between TCP and UDP? Different between Multicast, unicast and Broadcast? Is UDP reliable in Wifi Network?How do you use Routing Algorithm in you previous project.   Answer Question
    • What role did you play in your last job? How do you feel about your previous work environment. Why do you learn German. What if you have different opinion with your co-worker? Why you come to Shure?   Answer Question

Lead SAP MM Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niles, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shure (Niles, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

HR call, interview with hiring manager, interview with director. Pleasant interview experience but HR response was very poor. Follow ups lead to a dead end. A meaningful response from the recruiter would have made it worthwhile.

Interview Questions

• Consignment vs VMI, Planning time fence, SAP functional questions.   1 Answer

Senior Systems Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niles, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shure (Niles, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied and about a month after applying I got a call for a HR screen. My processed has ended at that point. It has been 3 weeks since I had that phone screen. I was told she needed to get to the director and then he will determine who get interviewed.

The company is solid and definitely know your acoustics, and microphone design. If you use the products it's a plus as well. It's a bummer because this company is one of the best that I had a prospective opportunity.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage requirements?
      How do you manage your group?
      What is your leadership style?
      What size groups do you like to manage?   Answer Question

Manager, Network and Security Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shure (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

An HR member took an interview about my background and past leadership experience. She then gave a briefing of the company. Interview lasted for 30 minutes and she gave the name of hiring manager and said he will interview me after 2 days as per the schedule agreed with me.

Interview Questions

• Describe us one of the major challenge I had faced while managing a project, give details of the situation, problem, how I handled it and outcome of the approach I took.   Answer Question

Engineer II, Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Shure in May 2016.

Interview

Beware.... VP and Staff are fishing for ideas.

Was contacted by a recruiter via Linked In who in his words" Has been working with Shure for many years". Did a quick phone interview and off to the company. Did not even know what position I was applying for but thought " What the heck, lets see the sales pitch". Found out that the VP was a job hopper and convinced management that they needed to severally staff the QA department. There was a difference of opinion between the 2 potential bosses and the VP on questions.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions focused on how I would improve QA. Walked away wondering if they are actually hiring or fishing on how to improve and staff the department. Spent the entire time in a meeting room and never did see the QA department or meet with potential co-workers.   Answer Question

GMS Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Niles, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Shure (Niles, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

First, send in portfolio, then video interview, then actual interview. Paid for my hotel and gas and other traveling expenses. Process was extremely straightforward and expedited and managed very well by HR rep (talent acquisition). Interviewed by 4 different people in department.
    Asked a lot of questions at interview, some seemed unrelated and silly (they had a list of 30, had to fly through. I kind of felt like I was being rushed through the questions. And only one of them had any idea of my work/my field in general. One had actually visited my portfolio, the others did not.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Shure (Dallas, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

It was a virtual interview. It was a behavioral interview. It was good. It was my first interview. It boosts my confidence. They started with basic questions about me and asked only 6 questions. It was like, you can tray as many times as you want.

Interview Questions

• What were your projects? what difficulties you faced during that?   Answer Question