Silgan Containers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lyons, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Silgan Containers (Lyons, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Very pleasant and well done. Asked a variety of questions on my background and what I was expecting from silgan. Went through the benefits and pay ranges. Multiple people on the call but only one person asking the questions and responding to my questions

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to relocate in the future   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Silgan Containers (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with multiple people and was sent to take a test to access personality and basic skills. They ask a lot of accounting skills questions and then some income statement trick questions. If you pass their interview then they send you to get tested at an outsources test center.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions: Why are you interested in joining our team   Answer Question

Industrial Electrician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Dodge, IA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Silgan Containers (Fort Dodge, IA).

Interview

I interviewed with the Assistant Plant Manager and Maintenance Supervisor. The interview was about 45 minutes. After the interview, I was asked take an electrical test with about 100 questions if I remember correctly. Upon completing the test, the Assistant Plant Manager checked it and then came out and offered me the position. All in one day.
    I moved a few years later, but moved back a few years ago and called the Plant Manager about getting my job back after seeing it advertised online prior to moving back. I was gladly given the job, but the process was a bit longer as I had to get a physical in an area they didn't have a plant.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember any question in particular. I do know the was a question on the amperage of a wire that I had NEVER used (in other words, not THHN or MTW). It was an odball one we don't even use in the plant. Lots of PLC questions which is good.   Answer Question

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Silgan Containers (Edison, NJ).

Interview

must pass testing, and pass physical and drug testing

General Labor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Silgan Containers.

Interview

With 4 resumes and 4 applications over the course of several years i probably should have given up but i thought that they were just being picky about who they hired,, but alas i got a call and an interview tome was set up. the call came several months after the last application was submitted.

in the interview was the plant manager, superentendant and assistant superentendant, it was a bit intimidating.

about a week later i was called and asked to go for a drug test and physical that took about 5 hours of my day very vigorus physical

now came another 1 week wait before i got a call with a job offer i started about a week after that

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Silgan Containers.

Interview

Too long of a process with phone interview and then 3 in person interviews then you have to wait for drug test background test ...too long of a process. It took almost a month for them to get through the process

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oconomowoc, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Silgan Containers (Oconomowoc, WI) in August 2012.

Interview

The hiring process consisted of several interviews and several tests. These tests included knowledge and skill testing along with drug testing. Everyone was kind and outgoing throughout the interview process. I would apply here again.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part of the process was the tests which take a couple of hours to complete.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochelle, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Silgan Containers (Rochelle, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

Pretty typical process. Phone Screen followed by a Face to Face at the Facility. I was told the company would reimburse me for my travel expenses, and was asked to submit an Expense Report. Two months later, I haven't heard back from them, nor was I ever reimbursed.

Interview Questions

• How would you recruit new employees?   1 Answer

Plant Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Piedras, PR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Silgan Containers (Las Piedras, PR) in October 2014.

Interview

Panel interview held by the HR Director and Plant Manager. Informal interview fir plant Controller. Company to open operations in Puerto Rico in January 2015. Candidate selected woild be subject to testing.

Interview Questions

• Knowledge of Silgan. Containers.
      Overall experience as a Plant Controller   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Silgan Containers (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

I was interview by an agency who referred me to the client. It was a straightforward.step by step 3 step process including skills testing, two phone interviews and one in person.

Interview Questions

• How would you solve the following challenges?   1 Answer

Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Silgan Containers (Edison, NJ) in February 2011.

Interview

Long and tedious . You must take 5 different tests . Mechanical , psychological and of course drug and alcohol test . You must have a physical . Interviews with every upper management personal . If they "THINK" they might hire you , they walk you through the entire plant , to show you the entire process .

Interview Questions

• If an employee was drunk , would you tell management ?   3 Answers