Silgan Containers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 1, 2017

2.6

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lyons, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Silgan Containers (Lyons, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Very pleasant and well done. Asked a variety of questions on my background and what I was expecting from silgan. Went through the benefits and pay ranges. Multiple people on the call but only one person asking the questions and responding to my questions

General Labor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Silgan Containers.

Interview

With 4 resumes and 4 applications over the course of several years i probably should have given up but i thought that they were just being picky about who they hired,, but alas i got a call and an interview tome was set up. the call came several months after the last application was submitted.

in the interview was the plant manager, superentendant and assistant superentendant, it was a bit intimidating.

about a week later i was called and asked to go for a drug test and physical that took about 5 hours of my day very vigorus physical

now came another 1 week wait before i got a call with a job offer i started about a week after that

Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Silgan Containers (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

I did not have an interview, took assessment test off site. once pass the assessment then you would take the written test on site ;consist of general question relating to math, measuring, and mechanics. Next, a hands on where you tap n drill a hole along drill and ream a hole. And last is background an drug test ( urine sample).

Negotiation

Email response with the offer

Industrial Electrician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Dodge, IA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Silgan Containers (Fort Dodge, IA).

Interview

I interviewed with the Assistant Plant Manager and Maintenance Supervisor. The interview was about 45 minutes. After the interview, I was asked take an electrical test with about 100 questions if I remember correctly. Upon completing the test, the Assistant Plant Manager checked it and then came out and offered me the position. All in one day.
    I moved a few years later, but moved back a few years ago and called the Plant Manager about getting my job back after seeing it advertised online prior to moving back. I was gladly given the job, but the process was a bit longer as I had to get a physical in an area they didn't have a plant.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember any question in particular. I do know the was a question on the amperage of a wire that I had NEVER used (in other words, not THHN or MTW). It was an odball one we don't even use in the plant. Lots of PLC questions which is good.   Answer Question

Production Supervisor Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Silgan Containers in July 2015.

Interview

So far an interview, mechanical testing to follow. Basic overview of previous work experience, discussion of what the job will entail. Friendly conversation style and plenty of time to ask questions about the job/company.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Silgan Containers.

Interview

Too long of a process with phone interview and then 3 in person interviews then you have to wait for drug test background test ...too long of a process. It took almost a month for them to get through the process

Back End Mechainc Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Silgan Containers.

Interview

Tested including psychological exam and mechanical exam, and numerous questions about narcotics use. I was told to dress comfortably and specifically not to wear a suit. I interviewed with the Plant Superintendent and a Production Supervisor

Interview Questions

• Lots of difficult and confusing questions about narcotics use   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Silgan Containers (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with multiple people and was sent to take a test to access personality and basic skills. They ask a lot of accounting skills questions and then some income statement trick questions. If you pass their interview then they send you to get tested at an outsources test center.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions: Why are you interested in joining our team   Answer Question

Plant Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Piedras, PR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Silgan Containers (Las Piedras, PR) in October 2014.

Interview

Panel interview held by the HR Director and Plant Manager. Informal interview fir plant Controller. Company to open operations in Puerto Rico in January 2015. Candidate selected woild be subject to testing.

Interview Questions

• Knowledge of Silgan. Containers.
      Overall experience as a Plant Controller
      Answer Question

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Silgan Containers (Edison, NJ).

Interview

must pass testing, and pass physical and drug testing