Silverpop Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 28, 2017

2.8

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Silverpop (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

I first submitted my resume and was chosen for a phone interview. My initial interview was more of a communication skills interview, asking a lot of questions about my group work experience in school and strategies for working and studying with others. The second interview was more of a technical interview, asking questions about knowledge of relevant languages and what projects I had previously worked on.

Business Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Silverpop in September 2014.

Interview

I applied for the position via LinkedIn and a few days later I received an email requesting times that would be good for a phone interview. The next week I had the phone interview. The guy I spoke to was very pleasant. It was more so him telling me about the position and asking me about my current job. At the end of the conversation, it was my understanding that either by the end of the week or the next week he or someone else would reach out to me with in person interview information. That Friday, I received an email letting me know that after completing other interviews they would be considering other candidates. I was shocked because of how my phone interview ended. I even double checked the notes that I took during my phone interview (which I always do), just to make sure that I wasn't mistaken about him mentioning scheduling an in person interview, but that's exactly what my notes said. And based on a previous review on here, it seems like I'm not the first person to think that they'd be getting an in person interview.

So, I replied to his email, thanking him for reaching out and letting him know that I guess I misunderstood our phone conversation regarding an in person interview. I actually sent a second email after that just because I was curious about what I can improve on or what made them decide to go with other candidates. He replied to neither of those emails, which was a bit frustrating, even a short and to the point reply would have sufficed. Silverpop seems like a great company to work for, but I guess this just wasn't the right place for me.

Linux Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Silverpop (Atlanta, GA) in August 2014.

Interview

A phone screen was the first interaction with this company I had. That seemed to go very well so the hiring manager invited me for on-site interview. This was scheduled for a week later. When the time rolled around I confirmed with the manager and they sent back something to the effect Oh did I forget to tell you I canceled that meeting? I was like yes you did. Oh I am so sorry. Well the upside is better to find out the manager you might have worked for was disorganized and appeared to lacking common courtesy beforehand than after. :-)

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with sendmail?   1 Answer

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Silverpop (Atlanta, GA) in October 2013.

Interview

I started out applying for a Sales Operations Analyst position, but they elected to go with an internal candidate. I was asked if I wanted to be considered for a Marketing Analyst position, so I figured 'what the hey?'

I had a phone interview with the hiring manager and we seemed to click. I was invited in to interview with "the team." I arrived at 1:00 and was scheduled for 4 hours of interviews with 5 different people.

I interviewed again with the hiring manager, and again I felt very comfortable. I discussed the weirder aspects of my resume, and my past experience. Then I interviewed with another Marketing/Product manager. That was perfunctory, and I felt it went well.

My third interview was with the web marketing person and she was really confused about what job I was applying for. She was nice, but we didn't really click, I think she was hoping for someone with more of an understanding of web analytics. Not my wheelhouse.

My fourth interview was with their Salesforce.com Analyst. I had interviewed for that job three years ago, so we had a lot in common. I really enjoyed speaking with her and felt that we had bonded over a common philosophy of CRM management.

The fifth interview was with a divisional marketing guy. Super-nice and again, I felt a real connection.

I left feeling really good about the experience.

I sent thank you notes, none of which was acknowledged. I have yet to hear from them.

I think it's pretty crappy that you would ask someone in for this kind of extensive interview and not even send an email saying that you've decided on another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral stuff, "Tell me about how you would tell a senior manager that he is wrong."   Answer Question

Technical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Silverpop (Atlanta, GA) in March 2013.

Interview

Submitted application online, HR reached out for background info, then proceeded to send to hiring manager. Telephone screen with hiring manager, then in person interview with hiring manager and some team members.

Face to face interview was established 4 days in advanced. Got to location, no one at front desk to 'let me in' since it was a secure area. Picked up the phone and called the two people who I had on contact list for interview, they were not available. A worker walked by let me in and I told him who I would be meeting with. He got someone else. She seems shocked to see me and really did not want to approach me and asked who I would see. Long story short, the face to face interview went ok, team members generally seemed disinterested and too busy 'putting out fires'.

Relationship Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Silverpop in December 2012.

Interview

Initially I was contacted by a friend who was an employee of the company- He let me know that there was an open position and that I should apply, I applied and within a day I was contacted to set up a phone interview with HR. after the phone interview with HR I was asked to come in and interview with the individual who would be my direct boss, and then with HIS boss. the interview process was formally informal, and I learned a lot about the processes- it was my first "big kid" interview and I did not know what to expect. I was treated with respect even though I imagine I was one of the least qualified candidates. As a big named company, they definitely made you feel like they were just another family group of high level thinkers trying to achieve a great business and a great working environment in one.

Interview Questions

• the most interesting question portion of the interview was not necessarily one single question, but a "walk-through" of a typical sale under the interviewer's "professional sales" process. not difficult, but felt like an awkward hoop to jump through in an otherwise normal and casual conversation.   Answer Question

Talent Operations Specialist - Payroll Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Silverpop (Atlanta, GA) in November 2012.

Interview

Phone interview and a week later, actual in person interview. Was not asked a lot of questions but was rather told about the company. Did not have a chance to talk about skills and qualifications.

Director Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Silverpop (San Francisco, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

slow, but they were carving out a new opportunity, so they had to feel their way through

Interview Questions

• none, pretty easy on the question, but I have friends there who greased the wheels.   Answer Question

Negotiation

take it or leave it, not a lot of wiggle.

Release Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Silverpop (Atlanta, GA) in April 2012.

Interview

I applied online for the Release Manager position early March 2012 and had the phone interview on late March 2012. It took approximately three weeks for the phone interview. Several questions about how you would get up to speed once you started, what process would you use to assess your team and responsibilities. Questions about how you would you manage competing priorities, multiple software configurations for customers. Job description was for an AGILE Release Manager, phone interview focused on management experience.

Interview Questions

• How you would you manage competing priorities?   Answer Question
    • How will you get up to speed once you start and what process would you use to assess your team and responsibilities.   Answer Question

MIS Business Systems Manager (Salesforce Administrative) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Silverpop (Atlanta, GA) in January 2012.

Interview

The actual interviews were a straightforward and quite friendly process. After a phone screen I interviewed in person with several people, including the manager, director, and 2 peers of the role. It unfortunately took almost 2 months after my final interview for the company to make an offer and I wound up taking a different offer in the meantime.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about the length of time and my breadth of knowledge with Salesforce.   Answer Question