Simon Fraser University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Simon Fraser University Interview Questions

Updated Jul 5, 2017

2.8

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Simon Fraser University.

Interview

No interview process exactly. Just applied with cover letter and resume, which is submitted the particular department in which you're interviewing for. You go to the SFU website to see the vacancies per department. It is almost a waste of time to apply to a position outside your department, however, unless you have much experience. This is because they hire students within the department first.

Interview Questions

• In the cover letter, they just ask you to explain how you are fit for the particular class in which you would like to teach.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Simon Fraser University.

Interview

The interview is fairly straight forward. Usually a couple people are in the room conducting the interview. There are two parts, AV (Audio Visual) and Computer components to this interview.

Computer:
    Basic knowledge of the computer stricture and components would suffice.

AV:
    Basic terms: XLR, quater inch jack, etc
    Understanding of how a mixer works, EQ and etc

Overall the interview is quite simple.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Simon Fraser University (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

Typical Academia interview. After the initial application and shortlist I was called for an interview with 3 profs and Assistant Dean. 7 days in advance they gave me a topic so that I could prepare a 30 minutes lecture on. The interview was overall short, 1h30.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Simon Fraser University (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in December 2016.

Interview

After submission of application, I got an email for the interview. Initially I cam in mechanical designer interview but they asked me if I would be interested in Electrical work. I agreed to that and I was offered a job within next week.

Interview Questions

• Explain your project experience so far?   1 Answer

Interview

The job was offered through an application process which required quite an in-depth application involving transcripts, a list of awards, previous research/volunteer experience and letters of recommendation. Can be quite competitive depending on the department, and research project.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this particular research project? Describe any relevant course or research experience.   Answer Question

Co-Op Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Surrey, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Simon Fraser University (Surrey, BC (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

10 min interview. one on one with a professor. they needed someone specific. looking for someone who has done machine learning, for a project. project was robotic legs. there wasnt any call back with a final answer.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Simon Fraser University (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online, there were 3 questions asked by the computer simulator. After that, I had an interview with the hiring personnel. It was straightforward and there were no hassles. Overall, it took 14-20 days.

Weight Room Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Simon Fraser University (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in December 2015.

Interview

Demonstrate an exercise. Make a program. Answer some easy questions. The general interview was very simple. Also to get a paid position at SFU Recreation, you must volunteer for at least one semester. So the role is not available to anyone, you must first spend time volunteering, where you are expected to show up to all your shifts and not be late and be reviewed by your peers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Web Applications Developer () Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Simon Fraser University (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview has 3 Interviewer with their different concentrations. First guy, the senior developer, asked some general technical questions which test interviewee's general technical knowledge. Then the manager asked some work technique which test interviewee's ability in real work environment. The last guy gave out some detailed questions and the interviewee had 10 minutes before giving out a reasonable solution.

Interview Questions

• How to deal with the situation that you are overloaded by work?   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Simon Fraser University (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in October 2015.

Interview

Weird selection process for interviews.
    If selected, will most likely be offered the job, the competition is very less as the number of people interviewed are 2-3 at max for a position. There is a BA, a Manager and a Technical Resource in the panel, with a mix of pure technical to behavioral questions asked, the interview lasts about an hour.

Interview Questions

• Questions on databases (SQL), programming logic and there will be a trick question.   Answer Question