Simple A Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Simple A

2.0

Executive Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Simple A (Portland, OR) in July 2018.

Interview

There were several phone interviews and also a complex traction project (researching and writing an academic article for publication) for one month at half salary, half time. Had weekly feedback on my progress and their satisfaction with my progress

Interview Questions

• What motivates me most in the workplace   1 Answer

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Simple A (Austin, TX) in November 2018.

Interview

After my resume and cover letter were sent, I was given a video detailing the culture and work at [A]. Following my response to the video, I answered a questionnaire about my work experience. I was then given an opportunity to interview remotely with a hiring manager. After working for two weeks on a paid traction project to test the compatibility between [A] and myself, I was offered the role.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe in my opinion what qualities accumulate into the perfect manager or leader. (I don't remember exactly the phrasing but these are my words).   Answer Question

.NET Senior Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Simple A (New York, NY).

Interview

I didn't make it to the interview. I submitted a cover letter and resume after I found the job posting online. The reason I rate this as a negative experience is the complete lack of feedback or personalization. Here is the response I received about 4 hours after submitting.
    Thank you for your interest in [A] and your application. The technical department has reviewed your application, and it was not selected for further consideration. We appreciate the time you invested in your application.

We wish you every personal and professional success with your job search and in the future.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While I understand that companies must efficiently sort through resumes I find it completely disingenuous to say "We appreciate the time you invested in your application." I have a solid resume and I wrote a cover letter specifically for this company. In the cover letter I touched on my skills directly related to their job posting. The cover letter and resume were both reviewed several times for spelling and grammar. Something as simple as you are missing skill X which is a critical success factor in this role would be enormously more satisfying.

Interview Questions

• I did not get a an actual interview. I was screened out based on the resume and cover letter submitted.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Simple A.

Interview

They were advertising a remote job, but insisted to know your location and as soon as they find out and it's the wrong country, radio silence. Also the recruiter barely personalized their emails, they felt copy-pasted, with no attention to detail nor interest in the candidate.