SingerLewak Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SingerLewak Interview Questions

2.5

Bookkeeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SingerLewak (New York, NY).

Interview

Got a call the following day I applied from the hiring recruiter. Had a phone interview the following day. I was asked 2-3 of the usual interview questions and my salary requirements. I was emailed within an hour to set up an in office interview. It was a panel interview with the partner and a manager. It was conversational. They asked me about some things on my resume, a few technical questions and a few to gauge why I was leaving my current employer. Received an offer the next day.

Tax Accountant Interview

Interview

Had a telephone interview at 11am with a Director Partner. The partner called at 11:20. Ultimately I left with a sour taste in my mouth. The partner questioned the validity of my college degree, questioned if I spelled the name of a previous company I worked for correctly, and told me he was not listening at one point. From this experience I would not want to work for this firm.

Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SingerLewak (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

It can be lengthy... you will meet with all levels of the team. I came into the office twice for interviews and it took another week to get a decision. If you want to negotiate any aspect of your offer, be prepared to be patient. The answers to my questions about the firm were pretty standard so it was difficult to feel like I really knew what I was getting in to. I'd suggest asking for an email of a current staff you can ask questions to.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions regarding technical expertise.Very few questions about me or my goals.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Lengthy--sticking points on salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SingerLewak (San Jose, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview began with a simple 15minute phone regarding my interests. The same day I received an email saying they wanted to bring me into the office. The in office interview was 2 panels of 2 people each. Questions were about 30% technical and 70% about my background. They were more focused on my resume and what I have accomplished more than anything. The interview process was about 1.5 hours long and more conversational than anything.

Interview Questions

• Explain the excel formulas you have used in a previous job and what the purpose of the formulas are.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SingerLewak (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Was a Joke did not care about what I had to say just trying to hire numbers. Shouldve been a red flag in the beginning not to get near this place as it had terrible reviews online.

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Interview

There are two steps to the interview. First, you have an interview on campus with a manager. Then if they like you, you'll get a call back for a second interview with the partner and supervisor. The supervisor takes you out to lunch to one of the local restaurants

Interview Questions

• There was no difficult question. They reviewed my resume and asked questions about it.   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SingerLewak.

Interview

Referred through headhunter. Had two interviews which were excellent.

Staff Accounting Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SingerLewak.

Interview

I did interview with singerlewak at my school. It was great. a manager from audit department came and spoke of her past experience and job qualifications. She was really nice and kept the conversation going. Even though I did not get a offer from them, I really want to work for Singerlewak. Just be prepared and know what you are talking about.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at SingerLewak (Irvine, CA).

Interview

The company has continual interactions with my school's Accounting Society.
    At one of the 'Office Tours' I networked with many professionals. An Audit manager took an interest in me and continued the networking through email. He recommended me for a tax position in the company and referred me over to the tax partner.

From there on, I continued a dialogue with the tax partner through email over couple of months. He understandably became busy during tax season and communications became sparse until after April. I had in-person, 1-1 interview with partner that lasted 1.5 hours. The interview felt more like a conversation. He indicated numerous times that he favored many of my skills and attributes. I felt confident I chose a great company by the end of the interview.

It was about a month until I had my second interview.
    This second interview I met with 2 managers. They appeared to like what they do at the company. They asked relatively easy behavioral questions, and a few qualification questions. I felt they kept getting hung-up on the fact I was working on a Master's now instead of waiting 3-5 years into the job.
    Then I interviewed with 2 staff that I would have worked closely within the position. I honestly felt these people had great personality. Their dedication to the company was commendable. I really liked getting to know them as employees and people that can demonstrate how to have a work-life balance. They gave me pointers on what to expect when I start there. There was a lot of great dialogue and laughter during this interview. I felt I connected best with these last 2 staff.

All the networking, interviews, and connections I made led me to feel I was going to receive an offer letter any day. It was a shock to my core when I received that generic HR email that I didn't get the position. That was cold and wasn't even addressed to me.

Valuation Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SingerLewak (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Applied over the Internet. I was called in to the office for a face to face interview with a partner. I was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What do I want to do with my career.   1 Answer