Skagit Valley College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 8, 2016

1.5

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mount Vernon, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Skagit Valley College (Mount Vernon, WA).

Interview

Very informal. I approached them and was hired on the spot. I was later told there had been a complaint to Human Resources because there should have been a more formalized process. Regardless, I was hired, but I knew someone in my department was unhappy. I immediately became aware of the dysfunctional office politics. Especially when I witnessed two faculty arguing sarcastically in the hallway.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to discuss my grading philosophy/rubric.   1 Answer

Campus Security Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Skagit Valley College.

Interview

Basic interview process. If you have a pulse and can formulate sentences... you'll probably get the job.

Interview Questions

• Scenario: It's 2am and you are the only guard on duty. An intruder alarm goes off in the main admin building, how do you react and respond?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation available for this position. If you don't like the offer the next person will.

IT Lab Helper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mount Vernon, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Skagit Valley College (Mount Vernon, WA) in June 2013.

Interview

You will get the job, as long as you can show that you are wanna to learn, and work hard. The interview is really easy, don't really have to be worry about it.

A Non-exempt, Non-faculty, General Clerical Type Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Vernon, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Skagit Valley College (Mount Vernon, WA) in March 2009.

Interview

I applied for a job and never heard anything. I called, but was told it was in review (whatever that meant). Then I got a call with an offer for an interview. On the day of the interview, a person took me for a tour of the campus. I think they were getting a "feel" for me and some of the questions of comments seemed odd. Then I went to building where there were 3 other candidates. We were called in an introduced to a group of people from the campus. Questions seemed typical of formal HR textbook type stuff, but a couple were downright weird...to make you think on your feet, I think. Overall it was polite and orderly; and not overly friendly...cold if anything. I got the feeling someone was already selected and they were going through the motions. Then, it took forever for me to get a "sorry" notice that someone that better met their needs had been selected. A very frustrating, cold, and slow process for a clerical position. I hope this isn't typical of how all government works!

Interview Questions

• If you could structure the world in one of 3 ways with no scarcity, no problems, and no rules; how would you do it?   1 Answer
    • Tell me a time when you went beyond the call of Customer Service and did something extraordinary.   1 Answer