Skirball Cultural Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Skirball Cultural Center Interview Questions

Updated Mar 18, 2017

Interviews for Top Jobs at Skirball Cultural Center

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Skirball Cultural Center (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Met with three staff members for the first interview & covered past work experience + my interest in the org's programs and mission.

Met with the entire team (~7 people) for an informal get-to-know-you second interview, then completed a skills test (very simple word & excel tasks, as well as a fairly long typing test).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Skirball Cultural Center (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Was interviewed twice: initial interview and final candidates/second interview. Interviewed first with the two people I would be working directly under. Then second interview was with HR and a higher up so they both could get an overall impression and send their recommendation to the hiring manager. Took them over a month to get back to me on whether I got the job. I was told I would get a call with the final decision within a week after the second interview, but it took them a month to send me an email that they were going with the other candidate. Overall impression, great, friendly people, but they held me on by a thread for way too LONG.

Interview Questions

• Tell us your life story, what led you to apply to this position? They wanted a full narrative of your life that brings you to apply for this position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Skirball Cultural Center (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

The entire interview process, from application to job offer, took approximately 2.5 months. I was contacted for a first interview about 1.5 months after submitting my application via email; resume and cover letter were requested. Because I applied for an administrative position within the Museum Department, I first met and spoke with the Exhibitions Manager for the first interview, In the first interview, we discussed the general responsibilities as required for the position. Some questions that she asked were about my general work style and affirmation of the technical skills listed on my resume. The second portion of the first interview involved meeting with the Museum Director, in which he got a little more personal and asked about my interests and cultural background (they seek a culturally diverse staff in the Skirball). After finishing the first interview, the Exhibitions Manager emailed me requesting references. About a week later, I was asked to come in for the second interview, in which I spent half an hour speaking with the Director again. He shared more about the Skirball as an institution, its staff, and what I could expect from working there. We also discussed salary in the second interview. In the second half, I was sent to HR to take a skills assessment, which was average in difficulty. It tested basic skills on Microsoft Word and Excel, and included a typing test. I received a phone call with a job offer about two days later.

Event Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Skirball Cultural Center (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

The initial interview was over phone, and interviewer verified details within my resume. A follow up phone interview was scheduled within the week with a second Manager on the line. An in-person interview was scheduled a week later, and expect to meet with various members of management.

Interview Questions

• It is important to understand the Jewish culture, and history. Also, have a good understanding of Jewish dietary law.   Answer Question