Sky Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sky Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, SD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sky (Aberdeen, SD) in July 2017.

Interview

After you've completed their online process they contact you within a few days to set up a telephone interview. During that interview, which was in my case 3 days after their call, you are asked to provide them with some details about yourself (authorisation process) and then you're asked about Sky itself, their offer, customer service, your experience, why you'd be good at this job and etc. Immediately after the conversation you're informed whether you passed it. If yes, they tell you that you are invited for a Sky Experience Day, which is basically talking to other candidates there, discussing things like good customer service, group work, role-play (sales advisor-client) and a few written tasks. After that they contact you within a few days to tell you if you're employed or not.
    Everyone is extremely nice and helpful, nothing to worry about :)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the situation when you went the extra mile for a customer.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Sky?   Answer Question
    • What do you think you responsibilities at Sky will be?   Answer Question
    • What is it that makes you passionate about customer service and contact with clients?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sky in November 2013.

Interview

Easy try to be plain and not to drag

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sky.

Interview

The application process first involved an online application including online scenarios about customer service responses. After a day I received a call to do a telephone interview for the following day. It took 30-40 minutes.
    After this I have to go to an assessment day.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dunfermline, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sky (Dunfermline, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

Role play then speed date cbi interview was a different experience but very much around fun and enjoyable. It's a very impressive set up with amazing staff benefits everyone seems happy and wants to succeed which is great!

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sky (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online, the next day I had a phone call to arrange a phone interview...... passed both and was invited for a Experience Day. All in All was a pleasurable experience.
    Unfortunately I wasn't offered the job but that hasn't phased me as it was an amazing experience

Interview Questions

• Tell Me A Time You Have Had To Deal With Stress   1 Answer

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sky (Leeds, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

Brief background check questions, to confirm your name and address , dob, phone number etc, then went on to the actually interview question one, there was only one, thought they would be more as said the interview would last 40 mins, but it lasted ten to fifteen. At the end said I had passed the interview and then invited me to an assessment day and explained what th assessment is.

Interview Questions

• Q. Explain a time you overcame a problem   1 Answer

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sky.

Interview

Very satisfied with the interview process. I am currently waiting for the assessment day as I have passed the phone interview.
    The questions were very easy, having prepared for the interview a lot but once I was on the phone the interviewer was very nice and asked general questions.

Interview Questions

• Do you work well under pressure?
      Do you work well in a team?   Answer Question

Home Service Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warrington, North West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sky (Warrington, North West England, England (UK)).

Interview

Online application followed by online test which involved a psychometric assesment, if you pass this stage (you will notified by email at the end of the vacancy date and sky will email you to let you know and a telephone interview will be arranged (usually at their own convinience). Questions will be why do you have a passion for customer service and tell me a time when youve worked as as a team (stuff like that) If you pass the telephone interview (they tell you on on the phone) you will then wait a few days for another call to tell you an assessment date (again at skys own convinience, so be prepared to be available whenever) assesment day normally at a hotel not too far from your home for me Liverpool it was Warrington holiday inn, woolston grange. Assesment day included an external assessor and 2 fairly local team engineers and the assesor who did not work for sky he was just a contractor who sky hire for job interviews he had never picked up a tool in his life so he or she will be looking for strength based candidates and someone who is good on the day regardless of how you will perform on the job! So be outgoing, be confident and basically stand out but in a professional manner. The day took 3.5 hours roughly and consisted of a online intro to the sky role (which you can just youtube yourself) then moving tables out of the way to look at how you move furniture, then we Had to build a Meccano set with random pieces and no details of what to build and how to build in our groups (there was only 2 of us) so we split up back to back facing away from each other and relay the instructions to the other candidate' so he can build what i built from nothing then vice versa i built his set by him telling me the instructions, Then we compared. Then we had to do a job schedule excercise puttin your days jobs in order from a-h with hazards and other issues like texts from customers so rearrange as needed, you need to use time scales and dont forget to include your lunch hour allocation on this task(which is critical to the assessor) and the text from FRED at the bottom of the sheet asking for help!!!Then role play to the assessor in another room about were about you would install satellite dish on the given housing diagram (which you have 15 mins to look at plan before hand before you actually do the role play) then by jotting down hazards of the property(which may affect your task installing the dish and wiring.In the role play the assessor acting as the customer will ask awkward questions like but i dont want the dish in that location why cant it be in this place and you need to be quick thinking for this as its just like speaking to a customer (so again be confident people) .Then after this task you will need to tick off 10 stength based questions why you like helping others tick either thats me or thats a bit like me or not very much like me but then again in anothe room the assessor will go over everything you have ticked and question why you ticked it so if the one of the questions is for example 'why do you like helping others?' Dont tick its a bit like me, because he will ask ok then so whats you makes you believe its only a bit like you so theres two sides to each answer to explain when he asks. If at the end you are offered a position, you will have to go a do medical with a nurse who told me you have to do give a urine sample to test for glucose which is weird as you already tell then beforehand any medical conditions! So it will be a drug test more like so if youve been to Amsterdam and smoked legally or smoke just like people like to drink alcohol on the weekends, then youll have to detox for the interview as they test for THC aswell as other drugs. Be confident, theyre not bothered about your practical skills even if your a fully qualified electrician! Be confident and prep your strength based questions and stand out but in a good way also try to look for job schedule assesments online and practice!!!

Home Service Field Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sky.

Interview

Online tests, month later got an email saying they wanted to do a telephone interview but then an email saying job was full, then get a phone call saying this was a mistake and they did want to do an interview. This was quite long took about 45 mins but was straight forward. Passed that and got invited to assessment centre, me and two others basically a practical test, then two or 3 different activities -customer services based. Passed that and did a medical, was really happy to pass as it was around 5 hours I was there, they made out that the job was basically mine...Got an email the day after to say the job was filled but then I would be kept on file for 6 months and assessment centre honoured...phoned up and the guy said this happens sometimes and would just have to wait and see basically. Fingers crossed

Retention Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sky (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

The interview was really friendly and informal. We were given loads of information about what the job involved and got to talk to 3 different managers. Not as intimidating as most of the interviews I've been to.

Interview Questions

• How do you find out about what a customer needs/wants   1 Answer