Sky Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sky Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2018

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, SD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sky (Aberdeen, SD) in July 2017.

Interview

After you've completed their online process they contact you within a few days to set up a telephone interview. During that interview, which was in my case 3 days after their call, you are asked to provide them with some details about yourself (authorisation process) and then you're asked about Sky itself, their offer, customer service, your experience, why you'd be good at this job and etc. Immediately after the conversation you're informed whether you passed it. If yes, they tell you that you are invited for a Sky Experience Day, which is basically talking to other candidates there, discussing things like good customer service, group work, role-play (sales advisor-client) and a few written tasks. After that they contact you within a few days to tell you if you're employed or not.
    Everyone is extremely nice and helpful, nothing to worry about :)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the situation when you went the extra mile for a customer.   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for Sky?   Answer Question
    • What do you think you responsibilities at Sky will be?   Answer Question
    • What is it that makes you passionate about customer service and contact with clients?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sky in November 2013.

Interview

Easy try to be plain and not to drag

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sky.

Interview

I applied for Sky after seeing the role advertised on Glass door and within a few weeks had an email back to speak with an in-house recruiter about the role and my experiance and was then offered an interview.
    In the interview confirmation email, I was advised that I should read through the job description again and understand the role, thought about my transferable skills, research Sky as a company, it's market place, competition, and commercial info about the company. All of the advice above came in really useful as I was quized on all the above.

On the day that I arrived I was told there would be a parking space allocated for me but when I arrived I found that they had all been taken so I had to speak with a security guard who was helpful and gave me another space to park in.

I arrived 40 minutes early as I wasn't sure exactly how long the journey would take me and I checked in at reception and was given a free drinks voucher. There are multiple buildings on the site and one thing I noticed is that everybody seemed happy and friendly which is nice to see especially in a corporate environment where this isn't always the case.

I was met by the recruiter who was bubbly and welcoming who took me to meet my interviewers who were equally happy and bubbly. My interview was about an hour long and was based around many different competency based questions and relevant experiance. Although the questions were pretty difficult questions, I had prepared to the point that I wasn't hesitant so it made the interview more relaxed and it felt like a conversation as opposed to an interview.
    The 2 men interviewing me were very welcoming and happy which made the interview easier as well and there was quite a lot of laughter in our interview which was refreshing.

I was told that I would hear back from them within 2 weeks as I was the 2nd person they interviewed and they would inform me about the final stage of the interview. I recieved a call the following day from the recruiter informing me that I had been sucessful in the interview and they would like to formally offer me the postion to my surprise.

Interview Questions

• What made you want to work for Sky as opposed to one of our competitors?   Answer Question
    • Who would you say are Sky's main competitors?   Answer Question
    • What do yo like about this role?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Sky's products? Which two products would you create a proposition out of?   Answer Question
    • How would you go about finding the total amount of jeans sold in America for all of last year? (Can't use the internet).   Answer Question
    • What can you bring to Sky? What sets you apart from everybody else?   Answer Question
    • What are your longterm goals? Where would you like to be 5 years from now?   Answer Question
    • What product that sky has would you improve?   Answer Question

Jun 4, 2018 – Community Manager

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear that you were made to feel welcome, we always aim to make everyone feels as comfortable as they can for an interview. We... More

PHP Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sky (Leeds, England (UK)) in June 2018.

Interview

The interview consisted of 3 stages, phone interview at first with 2 developers, then a tech test, last but not least is the face to face interview with 3 team members, one is the department head, one is a senior developer I had phone interview with and a new developer who i think leads the development team. The whole process took about 2 weeks. Everyone I dealt with during the interview process were super nice and very helpful and kind, which is what draws me to the company. The training programme is also the biggest perk imo

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sky (Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)) in June 2018.

Interview

It was a very laid back and informal interview, a quick presentation, followed by an ice breaker, a one to one skill based interview and finally a role play.

Interview Questions

Sky Response

Jun 12, 2018 – Glassdoor Community Manager

Great to hear you had a positive experience

Graduate Developer Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sky (London, England (UK)) in June 2018.

Interview

Firstly we where tasked on the assessment day to create a cluster computer. The instructions they provided was for old equipment so didn't work with the new equipment they provided. Because of this we couldn't complete the tasks. However we got close as on many occasions I had to fix the problems. Firstly the password given on the image was incorrect. I fixed this by going into bash and changing the password. Secondly no DHCP so I sorted the IP addresses. Thirdly the example files where forgotten about. The assessor did not believe me so I had to be course with him to realise. By the time we fixed all the issues which I mainly fixed it was time up. Very disappointed in them as we worked really hard and it was because of their unprofessionalism we did not complete it. Very unfair assessment.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you made something simple?   1 Answer

Field Service Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sky.

Interview

Applied on sky website which consists
    Of making an accout uploading cv and a test few hours later had an email saying I was invited to have a telephone interview they would be in contact in a few days to arrange a time. So getting excited because I really wanted the job I did some practice with the possible questions and wrote don the answers etc the days went by and hear nothing on the 4/5th day I got an email saying the job had been position has now been filled. Utter disappointment I was genuinely gutted.

Jun 1, 2018 – Glassdoor Community Manager

Thank you for leaving the time to leave a review. Sorry to hear that the role you applied for was filled quite quickly after you made your initial application.

Graduate Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sky.

Interview

Online application
    Pretty short Telephone interview (more like a screening test)
    Pretty straight forward situational strengths test
    Very straight forward Coding assessment (programming assessment due in 3 days )
    Very long day assessment center (team work assessment)

Interview Questions

• What programming language are you most comfortable with   Answer Question

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sky.

Interview

Phone interview was generally a positive experience. Never had to do one so was pretty nervous. Being prepared helped a bit but I guess answers weren't specific enough.

The interview is about being you and how you achieve certains goals in certain situations.

Interview Questions

Sky Response

May 15, 2018 – Glassdoor Community Manager

Thanks for taking the time out to leave a review. Our telephone interview do require you to provide specific examples for each question. If you wish to apply to work with us in the future, please... More

Home Service Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Sky (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Got telephone interview but ended it after 5 mins as job was advertised at 30000 34 000 ote. They offered 22000. Didn't get to any questions. They make you jump through some hoops but wouldn't leave a job paying 30 for 22

Interview Questions

Sky Response

May 15, 2018 – Glassdoor Community Manager

Thanks for leaving a review. The basic salary for Home Service Engineers is £22k. £30k is inclusive of company benefits.