Sky Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sky Interview Questions

Updated Oct 17, 2017

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, SD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sky (Aberdeen, SD) in July 2017.

Interview

After you've completed their online process they contact you within a few days to set up a telephone interview. During that interview, which was in my case 3 days after their call, you are asked to provide them with some details about yourself (authorisation process) and then you're asked about Sky itself, their offer, customer service, your experience, why you'd be good at this job and etc. Immediately after the conversation you're informed whether you passed it. If yes, they tell you that you are invited for a Sky Experience Day, which is basically talking to other candidates there, discussing things like good customer service, group work, role-play (sales advisor-client) and a few written tasks. After that they contact you within a few days to tell you if you're employed or not.
    Everyone is extremely nice and helpful, nothing to worry about :)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the situation when you went the extra mile for a customer.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Sky?   Answer Question
    • What do you think you responsibilities at Sky will be?   Answer Question
    • What is it that makes you passionate about customer service and contact with clients?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sky in November 2013.

Interview

Easy try to be plain and not to drag

Change Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sky.

Interview

online application, screening call by Recruitment
    Group style speed dating style interview process, experience type questions, given a business change, demonstrate analysis of change and present your solution

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sky (Sheffield, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online and within a couple of days had received an email and a call from the recruitment team to inform me that they wanted to move me onto the next stage. We arranged a time and date and my phone rang on the dot.
    The telephone interview lasted about 40 minutes and I was asked to confirm my details, if I had any holidays booked and some competency based questions.
    I was informed straight away that I was successful and the recruiter booked me in for an experience day the following week which was then followed up with an email containing more details and also some information about what would be happening and what I needed to take with me as well as the link to the Experian background check form.
    The experience day was a brilliant interview experience as it was friendly, laid back yet effective in its methods. There was only me and one other lady on the experience day and the session lasted approximately 2 hours.
    The first task was to chat with the other candidate and find two common interests whilst the recruiter informally listened to see how we could build a rapport with people.
    We then watched a video about working in a Sky contact centre and did a couple of written tasks to determine our strengths and the way in which we interact with customers.
    The next task was to read an information pack and prepare for the role play. The role play was a 1:1 with the recruiter where I was the customer service advisor and he was the customer. The maximum time for the role play was 8 minutes and the previous tasks of the day help you to prepare for the role play.
    Finally, I was asked to determine whether a list of statements was very much like me, a little like me or not like me at all and a recruiter then asked me why I felt this way about each of the statements. This task was surprisingly the most challenging as it really makes you think about your views and opinions.
    The whole process was very informal and the recruiters were friendly and make me feel relaxed and comfortable.
    The next day I received a call and an email from the recruitment team to tell me I'd been successful. We are now in the process of agreeing a start date.

Interview Questions

• The last task where I had to explain why I felt my opinions were important to me.   1 Answer

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sky (Southampton, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Online application followed by telephone interview. After phone interview was offer was told they would be in touch within 48 hours. Was sent e-mail the next day to say I had be unsuccessful.

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sky (Southampton, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Initial screening by an independent recruiter.
    Then a 30 minute telephone call.
    They want to find out your motives for working with Sky.
    Asked what skills I could bring to Sky.

Interview Questions

• No Offer
      Application
      I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sky (Southampton, England) in September 2017.
      Interview
      Interview Questions
      What do you know about what Sky has to offer.
      Answer Question
      What I could bring to the job.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sky.

Interview

Telephone interview with someone at sky. Standard questions asked and information on processes and next steps provided. Very polite and clear talking interviewer. Interview began on time and lasted around 40 mins.

Media Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sky (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

Just a general get to know you interview first round. Asked some questions about the company and what they do so read up on Sky Media and their channels they air. Maybe read up on digital advertising platforms tto TV Video on demand in particular

Interview Questions

• I was given an aptitude test. Basic number problem solving in front of two interviewers. I am terrible at maths but somehow got through so don't be too daunted. This was in the 2nd round   1 Answer

BDM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solihull, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sky (Solihull, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

30 Minute telephone interview, followed by a face to face interview in solihull. At the interview the questions that they asked me was not clear, after asking for further clarification I still failed to get an appropiate response, this was very unprofessional and I found it uncomfortable. The company confirmed they would give me an answer with 24hours - something I found surprising. I finally received my answer after chasing their department for the answer which took 5 days for them to tell me, again they failed to explain fully their reasons or provide adequate feedback. Somewhat surprising that a company on this scale failing on the basics.

Interview Questions

Sky Response

Oct 11, 2017 – Glassdoor Community Manager

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Our interviewers always try to make the interview experience as relaxed as possible, so we're sorry to hear your experience wasn't up to our... More

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sky (London, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

Phone call interview, 2 weeks later first interview, 3 weeks later presentation.

The recruiter was very poor at communication. No updates or interview follow ups. Their phone was always switched off, no response to emails. It seemed like they didn't care! They didn't represent Sky well.