Sky Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

Sky Interview Questions

Updated Feb 19, 2018

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, SD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sky (Aberdeen, SD) in July 2017.

Interview

After you've completed their online process they contact you within a few days to set up a telephone interview. During that interview, which was in my case 3 days after their call, you are asked to provide them with some details about yourself (authorisation process) and then you're asked about Sky itself, their offer, customer service, your experience, why you'd be good at this job and etc. Immediately after the conversation you're informed whether you passed it. If yes, they tell you that you are invited for a Sky Experience Day, which is basically talking to other candidates there, discussing things like good customer service, group work, role-play (sales advisor-client) and a few written tasks. After that they contact you within a few days to tell you if you're employed or not.
    Everyone is extremely nice and helpful, nothing to worry about :)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the situation when you went the extra mile for a customer.   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for Sky?   Answer Question
    • What do you think you responsibilities at Sky will be?   Answer Question
    • What is it that makes you passionate about customer service and contact with clients?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sky in November 2013.

Interview

Easy try to be plain and not to drag

Graduate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sky (London, England (UK)).

Interview

There are five stages to the application process:

1. An initial online application, which includes a couple of standard "why Sky?" and "why this scheme?" questions.

2. A quick situational judgement test. You're given a number of scenarios and asked to select what actions you would be most and least likely to take.

3. An unsupervised coding test, which you're given 3 working days to complete in any language/framework you choose. You'll be asked to create a website or program with some specific (fairly simple) functionality. You're not timed or observed, so you're free to use any online resources.

4. A quick 30-minute telephone interview, which is surprisingly informal. Typical questions here are "why this scheme?", one or two competency ones such as "describe a time when you've worked in a group", and a couple on your unsupervised coding test, such as "what was your approach?" and "if you were asked to add feature x to the website/program, how would you do it?".

5. An assessment centre at the location you applied for with 7-8 others. Mine lasted from 9.45am to 4.45pm. After an initial presentation, the group was given a task which required us to split up into two sub-teams of our choosing. On my day, one team was responsible for developing a website, and the other was responsible for designing a simple VR room (they didn't expect us to know how to do this - it just helped if we had experience with Unity). We spent pretty much all day in these teams, and followed the standard Scrum agile method, where after each hour of work, we briefly reflected and discussed the progress we'd made. At some point during the day, we were taken off in groups of 4 for a group interview. The four of us were sat in a circle and asked to discuss 4-5 topics amongst ourselves, such as a time when we changed a process at work. It's designed to be more of an informal chat. At the end of the day, each team presented its work, and we finished with a tour of the site.

Interview Questions

• If Sky wanted you to add a login system to the website you developed in your unattended coding test, how would you approach this?   Answer Question

Insight and Decision Science Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sky.

Interview

Telephone Interview - Very informal, asked a few standard competency questions. And one harder thought based question. Needed to have pen and paper on hand to do a few basic calculations,

Interview Questions

• Estimate how many hours of television are watched in the UK, provided a specific amount of information.   Answer Question
    • Example of teamworking   Answer Question
    • Example of when you disagreed with a colleague   Answer Question

Feb 19, 2018 – Community Manager

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. It's good to hear that you had a positive experience and were tested in ways relevant to the role.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sky (Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)) in February 2018.

Interview

starts by a multiple choice online assessment, fairly easy and common sense. received an email the next day telling me I was successful and someone would call, and received a call a few hours later to set up telephone interview.

Telephone interview lasted 25 minutes, fairly relaxed and recruitment team are very friendly, try to build rapport with interviewer as makes it easier.

Passed and then attended assessment day- by far the worst part. Working in group of threes to decide what customer services means to the group doesn’t really show how you’ll work in a call centre environment, then not even a proper interview- only based on a few questions and doesn’t get to show your personality at all then a role play scenario.

was told within 24 hours that I wasn’t successful however only by email and not by a phone call which would have been better, and not being able to receive feedback seems a bit far fetched considering there was only 5 or 6 of us!

Interview Questions

Sky Response

Feb 14, 2018 – Glassdoor Community Manager

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. During the interview process we try to create an atmosphere which reflects what it's like to work at Sky - friendly and relaxed. So it's... More

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sky.

Interview

Basic competency questions asked over the phone, couple of group and individual tasks on the assessment day, including role playing a situation with a fake customer e.g. wanting to terminate their existing contract.

Interview Questions

Sky Response

Jan 23, 2018 – Glassdoor Community Manager

Thank you for taking the time out to leave a review. It's great that you're able to share your experience with other potential applicants.

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dunfermline, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sky (Dunfermline, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

When you initially start the application you fill out some routine questions and then start on a series of questions designed to get an overview of who you are as a person. This is then followed by a series of situation based questions where you are given a few statements and have to decided if you would do this or not. It takes around 20-30 minutes to complete.

If you are shortlisted after the online survey and questions you will then be contacted by someone from the recruitment team asking when you are available for a telephone interview.

The telephone interview is not as intense as what I was expecting. The woman conducting the interview was incredibly warm and explained everything thoroughly before the start. I got told there and then if I had passed or not.

If you pass the telephone interview you get invited to an experience day at Sky. It is highly beneficial and fantastic to get a grasp of what working at Sky would be like. You watch a video that explains everything and get to do a role play based on what you have learned. Very refreshing interview process!

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you have you dealt with a difficult situation but got a positive outcome.   Answer Question
    • Explain a time when you have helped someone make the right decision.   Answer Question
    • Explain why/how you are good a problem solving.   Answer Question
    • What drew you to apply for Sky?   Answer Question

Jan 9, 2018 – Glassdoor Community Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a detailed review. We pride ourselves on a friendly, professional approach so it's great to hear that this came across at your telephone interview. I'm... More

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sky (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied online couple days later asked to arrange a time for telephone interview.. at end of call told whether or not you got through to next stage if so then its through to am assessment day

Interview Questions

Sky Response

Jan 4, 2018 – Glassdoor Community Manager

Great to hear that you had a positive experience and thank you for taking the time to leave a review to support any other potential new applicants to Sky.

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sky (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in January 2018.

Interview

Apply online, fill out a few questionaires and attach your c.v. If successful, the next step is a 40 minute telephone interview with customer service scenario based questions.

Interview Questions

Sky Response

Feb 6, 2018 – Glassdoor Community Manager

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockport, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sky (Stockport, England (UK)) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied for the role online, passed the screening test then was contacted for a telephone interview a few days later. The lady conducting the telephone interview was very friendly and understanding. The interview lasted about 20 mins.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you did something great for someone   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you helped someone make a decision   Answer Question

Feb 14, 2018 – Glassdoor Community Manager

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. During the interview process we try to create an atmosphere which reflects what it's like to work at Sky - friendly and relaxed. So it's great to hear... More