Sorenson Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 26, 2017

2.8

VRS Interpreter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sorenson Communications (Arlington, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

You have a one on one meeting with 2 managers. The entire meeting is conducted in ASL, which lasted about 45 min. Then was taken to a different room for a video test of ASL skills. That test takes about 10 min. Was told that all would be on hold pending the results of the test, which would take approximately 6 - 7 WEEKS. I was unaware that the testing would take that long. Also was told that hours were on a "Bid" basis. Based on seniority and certification, hours desired were put "up for grabs" and you may or may not get what you wanted.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you disagreed with a rule or procedure that was in place in the past. What did you do?   Answer Question

NOC Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sorenson Communications.

Interview

Was straight forward with simple systems engineer questions. If you have at least your CCNA certification, you should be able to answer all their questions.
    The tough part was the typing test.

Interview Questions

• To type faster than 45 wpm   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none.

Operations Coordinator Interview

Interview

Lengthy, lots of video calls and took forever. Someone awkwardly sits behind you while you look at a video conference with multiple people. Time between interviews was long and took weeks between them. It was generally good, it is hard to get a perfect read on people via video. No handshaking/ eyecontact type of thing. Its good to note its a generally nice interview.

Operation Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Sorenson Communications.

Interview

The interview process took about three weeks, and after getting an offer it was approximately one month before I was able to start. Three rounds: first was a phone interview with your potential supervisor; the second is an electronic Excel test; the third is an in-person interview with the center manager, supervisor, and an operations head.

Interview Questions

• Lots of behavioral questions - "give me an example of a time you did X." My phone screening was done through a relay service. Having never experienced video relay before, it was difficult at first.   Answer Question

Information Security Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sorenson Communications (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2016.

Interview

An initial phone screen and then a couple of interviews with various members of management team. Each time I interviewed, I was introduced to a higher level individual in the chain of command. Interviews consisted primarily of technical questions about information security subject matter but also included some behavioral/situational questions.

Interview Questions

• This was perhaps the only job interview I have ever had where I was given an assignment to write a an essay about Information Security   1 Answer

IT Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sorenson Communications (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2016.

Interview

1st - Phone Interview - Went really well
    2nd - Board of Managers - Went really well
    3rd - Phone Interview with IT Director (Director was late to the interview and didn't have a copy of my resume. I offered to send him a copy along with more detailed documentation on experience and projects I have been involved in; however he declined)

Interview Questions

• You have 15 minutes to tell me why I should hire you.   1 Answer

Video Interpreter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sorenson Communications.

Interview

Very lengthy interview process; takes awhile to be hired. Will be screened for interpreting skills regardless whether you are already certified or not. The screening assessment is not bad, but it is not a piece of cake either.

Installer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sorenson Communications.

Interview

A different approach because it is done in ASL. Ask questions whether they ask you if you have any questions or not to get to know Sorenson better. Don't take it personal if the interviewing process is not what you were expecting for.

Interview Questions

Interview

First interview is technical interview. You are expect to know networking. If you don't, you will not be considered. The next round is based on character and how you deal with end users.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sorenson Communications.

Interview

You will have two rounds, first round was technical to see how knowledge you are, plus they observed your signing skills. Second round is when you will meet the hiring manager, it won't be technical question as the first one, but they will double check with you again, again they are observing your signing skills. Do well on both, and you will get in.