South University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 17, 2017

2.5

Assistant Director of Admissions Interview

Anonymous Employee in High Point, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at South University (High Point, NC).

Interview

Phone interview for 30 minutes with hiring manager. In person interview with hiring manager, then with entire team in one sitting, then alone with the President of the campus.

Interview Questions

• Would you rather win, or if you failed would you be happy knowing you gave it your all?   1 Answer

Admissions Representative Interview

Interview

First a call from the recruiter, then an in-person interview with hiring manager. The biggest concern is that the recruiter and hiring manager told me two very different forms of compensation. I was told $19.23 an hour by the recruiter and then told $40,000 per year by the hiring manager. At 40 hours $19 is accurate but the hours are more like 50+ according to the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• how do you handle an angry customer?
      do you like working in a team?
      do you have any questions?   Answer Question

This is a telemarketing position. They tell you on the phone it's $19 an hour but it's not hourly, and is a 50+ hour job for $40,000 per year. You're basically sharing a cubicle with someone and calling people all day. The interview process could have been alot better on their end.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at South University.

Interview

Very brief, I answered basic questions about my experience, and I asked several questions about their processes and technologies. Everything was very antiquated there were paper applications and a paper filing system. There was no lead policy and people could go into each others databases with no notice.

Assistant Director of Admissions Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at South University.

Interview

Phone screening, scheduled in-person interview, lengthy in-person interview with regional management personnel, scheduled follow-up interview with the President of the local campus. The in-person interview with the regional management personnel was lengthy, the majority of the interview felt like someone trying to sell me on the idea that a for-profit college was good/acceptable. The interviewer went to great lengths to explain the pending litigation and pending settlements of the parent corporation that owns/runs South.

Interview Questions

• 1. Have you researched whether or not we are a for-profit or not-for-profit institute?
      2. Are you aware of the pending litigation or settlements in process against our parent organization?
      3. Does the for-profit status of the organization bother you?
      4. How would you feel about the position being more of a sales role in contrast to an "admissions counselor" type role, I.E. selling our "product" which is the education...

The normal interviews questions pertaining to what I bring to the table, my strengths and weaknesses, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at South University (Chandler, AZ) in June 2016.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me, he conducted a "phone interview" which was less him asking me questions and more him telling me about the position. I then did an in person interview with my potential team manager. The final interview was a quick phone interview with the campus director.

Interview Questions

• I want you to pretend that I am a student interested in studying business and talk to me about the school.   Answer Question

Online Library Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at South University in May 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview a few days after submitting application; practical questions about the job; 2nd interview was four days later, was told a third interview determines who will be hired; one week later, received email stating that I was not chosen for a third interview.

Everyone was professional and friendly.

Interview Questions

• What is your library instruction philosophy?   Answer Question
    • How would you communicate with online faculty regarding library services?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at South University (Chandler, AZ) in January 2016.

Interview

First, the recruiter, then the hiring manager. The process was fairly standard. The first interview was conducted over the phone, the second was directly with the gentleman who hired me. He was very cordial, and seemed to have a good outlook. I enjoyed the interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about sales?
      Do you enjoy a competitive sales environment?
      What are your strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at South University (Pittsburgh, PA) in December 2015.

Interview

I had one in person interview followed by a phone interview where I role played a phone call I might make as an admissions representative. I was contacted by an HR representative before each interview and was allowed to ask questions and was given coaching and advice on how to successfully complete each step of the process.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when faced with a difficult or rude customer in a customer service situation?   1 Answer

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at South University (Savannah, GA).

Interview

The interview process it's easy longest you like working with students and get involved with University. The President himself gave the interview and his secretary to care of the rest.

It was nice experience.

Assistant Program Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brandon, MS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at South University (Brandon, MS) in September 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with HR, then Vice Chancellor, then Online Chairs and faculty. I was told that I'd be hired by the Vice Chancellor -- the following interviews weren't necessary. The entire process took more than 5 months.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work at South   1 Answer