Southwark Council Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 7, 2017

3.4

Typing Job Interview

Anonymous Employee in County Line, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwark Council (County Line, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

This was a simple job of copying text from three PDF documents to word 2007. This job is an online job. The employer was so impressed with my CV that I was offered the job immediately and began the process of finishing the task at hand. The experience was interested.

The overall experience of this interview was very rewarding.

Interview Questions

• When would I be able to complete the project.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to ask for the salary that would fit my qualifications.

Senior Manager Role - Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Southwark Council (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Not as expected. Very odd indeed. Did not expect a panel or competency questions at this level. Ridiculous! Key person (to whom the role reported) not even present. No brief before interview or list of who would attend. No one on panel with direct relevant expertise in my particular area, therefore the questions were focused on practicalities not expertise or strategic thinking, or even past projects. Interviewers polite but distant. No real engagement.

Interview Questions

• Related to project management and practicalities and not specific to my expertise. One which covered at least 5 areas (rambling) so was impossible to answer in one go. Bored panel with at least one person completely switched off. Pointless process. Never heard back afterwards. Zero feedback to me or the person who acted as agent - which is discourteous in the extreme. Complete waste of time. Would never consider them again on the basis of this experience.   1 Answer

Housing Allocations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Southwark Council (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

very intense but overall good, enough time given to speak and discuss questions with interviewers. feedback given quite quickly thereafter. perhaps as I was applying internally it gave me an edge but on the day there were few interviewees, not sure who they gave the role to, in the end. the manager of the team was really friendly and took the time out to give me feedback let me know it was my lack of experience but you know how it goes.

Interview Questions

• surrounding legalisation most and experience   1 Answer

Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southwark, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Southwark Council (Southwark, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

Very long process but relaxed and welcoming. Panel interviews with heads of various departments. Easy to contact someone if you have questions about how your application is going. Everyone I spoke to in the process was very friendly and unthreatening.

Interview Questions

• Examples of times you've worked in various situations e.g. with the public, as part of a team   Answer Question

Interview

Be enthusiastic when talking about your subject and young people. Show that that you have good subject knowledge. Finally, have a few strategies that you would like to bring to the school and explain how you contributed to your last school or previous employer.

Interview Questions

• What problems do you think you'll encounter at this school.   Answer Question

Income Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwark Council (London, England (UK)) in July 2013.

Interview

Interview is a panel interview. Three managers will interview. In my case the manager from the department will ask questions and lead the interview. The other managers will ask supplementary questions. The interview lasted approximately fifty minutes to an hour. I then complete a short maths test which lasted less than ten minutes.