Spartan Controls Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Spartan Controls Interview Questions

Updated Jul 7, 2017

3.3

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spartan Controls in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process is slightly more rigorous than others I have done for an entry level job.

The process started with a "brief" 45 min phone interview. Less than a week later I went through ~2.5 hrs of Skype interviews.

There were 3 interviews broken into teams. 1) Senior Management 2) Potential Colleagues 3) HR
    The questions were mostly behavioral/situational based. A few days later a technical exercise was given. A week after completion, I was invited for a face to face.

From first time of contact, the process took just under 1 month to finish. The team is very efficient and refreshingly straight to the point. It was a great experience and I appreciated the feedback and timely communication.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Spartan Controls (Burnaby, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Three Interviews, each with two people in the room asking questions: the department manager and 5 coworkers from the department. They had sheets with questions assigned by HR but were free to ask their own questions and most did.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were focused on getting to know me and understand my personality. Staff are very eager to get "A Players", people who excelled during school with very good grades or with heavy involvement in teams or volunteer activities. For the role of application engineer, interviewers are looking for people-people who are easy to talk to and friendly and will represent the company well when speaking with customers, people with a lot of energy who have a lot of interests *well-rounded) and who do interesting things.   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Spartan Controls (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online and got a call for an interview in 2 phases. Got to meet the project coordinators and they asked me behavioral questions for an hour. Then the managers and the hr thereafter.

Document Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spartan Controls (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied for Document Coordinator job May 30, closing date June 11. Spartan HR called June 26, scheduling interviews week of Calgary Stampede July 7, afternoons only. This week family & friends visit. Wouldn’t it be reasonable to schedule job interviews the following week? Apparently not, cheesy and a red flag!

Interview Questions

• Getting to the job interview in the first place - no relevance or aid associated with the current events within the city   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Spartan Controls (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in October 2012.

Interview

Applied through recruiter, and got a interview. First part of the interview is about my technical skill set, second part is a code test. Total time is about 1 hour. After that I was given a online personality test.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Spartan Controls (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in June 2011.

Interview

Very thorough and fair process; the interviewers were very professional and seemed well trained on the interview process; competency based questions; several interviewers; each interview lasted approximately 45 minutes in length

IAS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Spartan Controls (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in November 2008.

Interview

Excellent overall. Met with HR and then Manager of the division. Brief talk of skills, past work experience and then some behavior questions. I then wrote a behavior test. I was called in about a week later and we talked over the results. I was then offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Cant remember the specifics but it wasn't ever what I would consider a tough interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They have a pretty strict organization and some what complex. The base salary seemed at the very low end of the scale but don't worry too much because the profit sharing is very favorable.