Cover image for Spectrum Brands

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Spectrum Brands Interview Questions

Updated Nov 2, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 164 of over 164 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Middleton, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spectrum Brands (Middleton, WI) in Feb 2022

Interview

I am very satisfied with the interview process at Spectrum Brands. There were a total of three phone call/video call rounds. I was able to talk to the people that will be part of my team, including the manager. I also talked to several people in the HR department. All of them were really friendly and welcoming, which made me feel more relaxed about the process, and get every time more excited about the job. Moreover, I got response on the next steps very fast every time, so my motivation and confidence increased.

Interview Questions
  • Give me an example of a contribution/project you ever made that you're proud of. What are some challenges you have experiences in communication? What do you expect from this job? What's your working style (individual/group work)?
    Answer Question

Application

Interview

An initial interview with two members of the team and then a task with the same two members and someone more senior. After the task interview, I was asked to meet the team in person before they would formally make an offer. As I lived in the south at the time this was difficult but I made the arrangements as I was excited about the position. I found out the night before at 11:30pm that they had to rearrange. I have not heard anything from them since. Really disappointed as I put a lot of time into the task, time and money into arranging to meet the team to be ghosted and not given any constructive feedback. A real shame as the majority of the experience was positive.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Spectrum Brands

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spectrum Brands

Interview

Straightforward interview with team of three people from the marketing department. Standard questions using STAR method. The interviewers were open to answering questions about their experience at the company, though not in great depth. I was offered the job within a week of interviewing.

Interview Questions
  • What is your experience, either in a job or in your personal consumer experience, with home appliances.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Clair Shores, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spectrum Brands (Saint Clair Shores, MI)

Interview

Easy, accepting, and willing to listen to question about the position as well as being open to concerns about things like salary, benefits, etc. enjoyed interviewing with this company and have very few if any negative things to say

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Spectrum Brands

Application

I interviewed at Spectrum Brands

Interview

The interview process was very professional and thought out. The team was very energetic and excited. The questions asked during the interview were centered around project management and past experiences.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a project that you managed from start to finish that gave you many challenges along the way.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spectrum Brands (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2022

Interview

CANDIDATES BEWARE: Typical interview process ie. initial interview with HR followed by a five separate interviews with other members of the organization and team. A few minutes after my last interview, I received a call from HR that they wanted to extend an offer to me. The initial offer I rejected, but then they countered with a signing bonus which I ultimately accepted. Fast forward to a week before my anticipated start date and I was notified that they had to rescind my offer due to the position being eliminated and after I had already notified my current employer of my resignation and told the other companies I was interviewing with to withdraw me from being further considered due to accepting this role. Needless to say, I am in a far worse position now than I ever would have imagined and hope anyone that considers working for Spectrum Brands keeps this scenario in the back of their mind before accepting a role with this organization.

2 people found this interview helpful

Spectrum Brands

Application

I interviewed at Spectrum Brands

Interview

They have a three tier interview process that consists of a phone call followed by a video call, then a panel video interview. They generally ask normal interview questions and clearly want candidates to be the perfect employee.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Spectrum Brands

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spectrum Brands in Apr 2022

Interview

The interview process began with a phone interview. It was then followed by a couple of virtual interviews with hr and management. The process was very efficient and seamless, and overall enjoyable.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Spectrum Brands (Saint Louis, MO) in Apr 2022

Interview

I really enjoyed the interview process. Phone call with H.R, then a video interview with the hiring manager, and finished with a panel meeting with the rest of the team.

Interview Questions
  • What is one thing about you that makes you stand apart from the other candidates?

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Spectrum Brands (Orange, CA) in Mar 2022

Interview

The interview process for my position was pretty seamless. It consisted of an initial phone call with corporate and then two follow up virtual interviews. The platform used for the virtual interviews were very easy to use and went seamlessly with no hiccups. Each Person I spoke to and interviewed with were very respectful of my time and made me feel very comfortable. The follow up process also moved quickly via email. Everything was laid out and explained very well.

Interview Questions
  • They asked me about my past employment roles and experience.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spectrum Brands (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in Mar 2022

Interview

Excellent interview process. Really transparent and attentive to candidates history and interest. I was able to express my attributes and get a solid idea of Spectrum Brands culture and future.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 164 Interviews

Spectrum Brands Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Spectrum Brands as 78.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.77 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Intern and Territory Account Manager rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Trade Marketing Analyst and Global Sourcing Manager roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Spectrum Brands takes an average of 25 days when considering 166 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Manager had the quickest hiring process (on average 12 days), whereas Supply Chain Manager roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 61 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Spectrum Brands according to 166 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 23.62%

Spectrum Brands logo

Affiliated Companies

Spectrum Brands Careers

Cover image for Spectrum Brands

We use consumer insights to fuel innovation. Our long-trusted brands provide the new solutions to improve the way people live life at...More

• Values
  • Communities

Company Updates

132 days ago

Company News
Congratulations to our Blacksburg, Virginia manufacturing plant for taking the top spot in the Manufacturing category of Montgomery County Virginia Chamber of Commerce Best Places to Work list! The plant’s 370 employees produce products from nationally recognized brands like FURminator, Nature’s Miracle, Cutter and Tetra. #TeamSpectrumBrands #BestPlacesToWork
Shared image - Best Places to Work
Best Places to Work
ow.ly

251 days ago

Community
For ten years, Spectrum Brands has partnered with Well Aware Nonprofit to bring awareness to water insecurity in Africa. Since the partnership began in 2012, Spectrum Brands has helped fund more than 12 Well Aware projects and enabled more than 45,000 individuals in East Africa to gain clean water. Water insecurity affects millions of people, and disproportionately impacts women and children who are often responsible for collecting water for the family and community. As we celebrate #WorldWaterDay, you can help raise much needed funding for future water projects by participating in #ShowerStrike! Learn more at showerstrike.org.
Shared image - Shower Strike 2022
Shower Strike 2022
p2p.onecause.com

Spectrum Brands Photos

+ Add Photo
Spectrum Brands photo of: Spectrum Brands World Headquarters Building
Spectrum Brands photo of: Yoga class in the onsite gym
Spectrum Brands photo of: Headquarters for Global Pet Care and Home & Garden Business Units
Spectrum Brands photo of: Employees in the onsite gym
Spectrum Brands photo of: Employees get discounts on our products at the company store
Spectrum Brands photo of: Employees at Headquarters
Spectrum Brands photo of: Employees enjoy fresh breakfast and lunch options at the company café

Expert Career Advice