Sport Clips Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 14, 2018

2.0

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sport Clips (Cary, NC) in October 2017.

Interview

A time was setup, I was taken at the time and given a laid back interview and felt very comfortable and felt invited. Given a hands on ,haircutting test and filled out application.also was setup for drug test for the next day!

Community Relations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sport Clips (Savannah, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a call about the position roughly an hour after I submitted the application. I spoke with one of the higher ups in their operations department about the general duties of the job, what I could expect, what territories I would be in charge of, and how much time I could expect to spend traveling from various locations. Because the position I was applying for was a new position, they didn't really have a lot of guidelines for what they expected of me. A lot of it was things like "developing relationships between Sports Clips locations and local businesses" and "creating joint marketing campaigns with other Sports Clips locations and local businesses". At the end of the call I was told that my application would be sent on to the next level of the interview process, but I never heard from anyone from the company again.

Interview Questions

• Have you had any experiences that would make you especially suitable for this job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Sport Clips (Portland, OR) in September 2015.

Interview

Questions were pretty basic, no stress. Interviewers were exceptionally welcoming. Very comfortable. Talked a lot about the company. Was a lot to process. Interview took maybe all together 1 hr.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for sport clips.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They were very accommodating with family friendly hours, but be prepared to work weekends.

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sport Clips (Mobile, AL) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied on online. I was called the next day asking if I wanted to interview. I said yes, and was scheduled for an interview the following Monday and was told to bring a model for the technical portion. I went in and the filled out an application on paper, then did my verbal interview. It was very informal. Afterward I did my technical, and the manager told me she'd call me at the end of the week but never did. A few weeks laters I was contacted by another sports clips and asked to come in and talk to the manager. I went and she informed me that the store that I originally interviewed at had referred me to that store. I was hired in the spot that day and she gave me a tour of the store and information about commission/pay and sales.

Interview Questions

• How I felt about haircuts? What were my weakness in hair cutting? What was my schedule? Was I willing to learn and continue my education in the industry?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I would start of working the register and watch and learn from other employees for a little while.

Anonymous Employee in Doylestown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sport Clips (Doylestown, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

fill out application at shop, interviewed with minimum of one question .Asked about what hours I wanted ,told when to report . I came with a model for hair cut at interview and satisfied manager with cut and beard trim .

Interview Questions

• When can you start fulltime?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Barrington, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sport Clips (South Barrington, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

I sent my resume through Internet. I was called within couple days. I met at the salon break room/office . The manager was very professional. Salon was impressive with European shampoo bowls.There were absolutely no benefits. In order to make the top pay of $21. Per hour. You have to sell retail $3. Per client and have 60% in MVP packages and have to average 3 MVPs per hour. You can’t get your credit card tips out of the register the same day. They say it’s for security reasons.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sport Clips (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2016.

Interview

Phone and in person interview. Both were quick and pleasant. It was over all an easy process from beginning to end. Probably the quickest interview process I've gone through.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for our company   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Meridian, ID

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Sport Clips (Meridian, ID).

Interview

My interview was over 6 years ago so this is a little hard to recall but I had an interview with two managers and then an interview with the team leader. I also had a technical interview where I performed a haircut.

Interview Questions

• the one question I really remember is she asked me which store I PREFERRED to be place in. This was great because she told me they like to place stylists in the area in which they PREFER in oder to keep employees happier. I really liked this.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sport Clips (Tampa, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

It was very relax. The salon I was at was under staffed. I met with the store manager for a meet and greet and then she had me come back the next day for a technical. For the technical they want you to bring a male model to perform a haircut on. The haircut has to be a #2 on the sides and back with walh clippers and shear cut the top. They won't tell you this but what they are looking for is speed. They are looking for someone to finish the haircut in 15 minutes. After I was done the the technical process they had me fill out the paper work for official employment.

Interview Questions

• It was more of a conversation than questions. They asked me about my self. My work history, and what product lines I was familiar with.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlott Hall, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sport Clips (Charlott Hall, MD) in May 2016.

Interview

Was interviewed by the DM, she was welcoming & friendly. You could tell she was very particular about who she was hiring to fit the teams she was hiring for.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the company?   2 Answers