Sport Clips Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 14, 2018

2.0

Stylist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cherry Hill, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sport Clips (Cherry Hill, NJ).

Interview

Interviewed by the franchisee at a restaurant next door. She used a franchise issued binder to tell me about the company. Was offered the job later that evening. I accepted and started 2 months later.

Interview Questions

• Didn’t really ask questions, mainly told me about the company.   Answer Question

Hairstylist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marana, AZ

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sport Clips (Marana, AZ) in January 2018.

Interview

Easy interview ask you if you’ve cut men’s hair before. Then to being in a model to show you can fade. I have been doing men’s cuts for years but didn’t get a great cut be going into the store. It was really small and I felt like the stylist were all on top of each other.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sport Clips.

Interview

Asked if I could handle the job. And why I wanted it. Was given it right away because I was in cosmetology school. Great company, store owner and co workers. Just hated the new management

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sport Clips (Cary, NC) in October 2017.

Interview

A time was setup, I was taken at the time and given a laid back interview and felt very comfortable and felt invited. Given a hands on ,haircutting test and filled out application.also was setup for drug test for the next day!

Hair Dresser/Stylist/Barber Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Barrington, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sport Clips (South Barrington, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

I sent my resume through Internet. I was called within couple days. I met at the salon break room/office . The manager was very professional. Salon was impressive with European shampoo bowls.There were absolutely no benefits. In order to make the top pay of $21. Per hour. You have to sell retail $3. Per client and have 60% in MVP packages and have to average 3 MVPs per hour. You can’t get your credit card tips out of the register the same day. They say it’s for security reasons.

Anonymous Employee in Meridian, ID

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Sport Clips (Meridian, ID).

Interview

My interview was over 6 years ago so this is a little hard to recall but I had an interview with two managers and then an interview with the team leader. I also had a technical interview where I performed a haircut.

Interview Questions

• the one question I really remember is she asked me which store I PREFERRED to be place in. This was great because she told me they like to place stylists in the area in which they PREFER in oder to keep employees happier. I really liked this.   1 Answer

Licensed Cosmetologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clarksville, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sport Clips (Clarksville, IN) in April 2017.

Interview

Got a call and asked if I can cut Men's hair, next day met with Manager at a different location for privacy she explained, after that I had to come in and do a Technical Interview, a Men's haircut with the option to bring someone to cut also...Met the Owner and that was it!

Interview Questions

• What make you want to work for Sport Clips?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sport Clips (Olathe, KS).

Interview

Had my first interview while still in cosmetology school. After that had a tech eval that was on a live person. Had another interview with the store managers boss.

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sport Clips (Huntsville, AL) in March 2017.

Interview

Had a great interview with the manager and assistant manager. They were both friendly and thorough. Felt very welcome at the salon. Very professional yet relaxed environment made the interview go very smoothly.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sport Clips (New York, NY).

Interview

Talked to the manager at the salon,I was right out of beauty school, went to do a haircut and the manager didn't show up had to come back another day, got the job