Sport Clips Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sport Clips Interview Questions

Updated Mar 13, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sport Clips (New York, NY).

Interview

Talked to the manager at the salon,I was right out of beauty school, went to do a haircut and the manager didn't show up had to come back another day, got the job

Hairstylist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tupelo, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sport Clips (Tupelo, MS) in December 2016.

Interview

The owner called me and told me that the manager would set up a face to face interview.After the first the manager watches you do a men's haircut, if both went well they hired you.

Interview Questions

• If I could be a team player.   1 Answer

Hair Stylist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sport Clips.

Interview

Received phone call from manager. Set up an interview with STORE OWNER. Store owner mentioned other employees at different locations earning up to 35 dollars an hour. He did not mention the current store was slow. Sells you false hope of earing those 35 dollars an hour.

Interview Questions

• How much does hair grow a month. How would you handle a mens haircut, the goals they believe in. Doing whats right   Answer Question

Hair Stylist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sport Clips in October 2016.

Interview

Met with management and she asked questions also I did, gave me information about the company. She called me the next day to schedule a technical interview . I came back the next day and did my technical on a client of the salon

Interview Questions

• do I have a problem cutting ethnic hair   1 Answer

Negotiation

Wonderful the entire salon is like a family . Performed my technical on a client of the salon and then was told they would get back to me in about a hour, she did and offered me a full-time position . I so excited to start working there .

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sport Clips (Tulsa, OK).

Interview

Men's cuts. They had me bring a model in to do a haircut asked me if I could do bald fades and hired me immediately.
    Had about two days of training and they gave me a week to perfect their haircuts

Interview Questions

• If I could do bald fades.

They had me bring a model to cut watch me cut the hair cut show me to the shop hired me on the spot
      Asked if I was comfortable giving head massages and back and shoulder massages, they had two days of training which is basically the corporate rules and regulations and gave me a week to pick up all the different haircuts that they provide and the services
      1 Answer

Negotiation

The management was very efficient they had me do a haircut for the interview and checked my haircut.
    Immediately hired me for the position

Beauty School Liaison Interview

Anonymous Employee in Georgetown, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sport Clips (Georgetown, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Fantastic interview process. The company was committed to finding someone who aligns with their values and would mesh with the existing team. The details of the position were made very clear and I had a great interactive interview experience.

Hair Stylist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sport Clips.

Interview

I don't want to be specific so I can stay anonymous but they were rude when they reschedule the interview when you arrive, not prior. They need people so desperately they will hire a child with scissors.
    They lied to me about my required days/hours I can work and only agreed to it so I could start right away but never adhered or honored it.
    No sign on bonus as advertised

Director of Education Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Georgetown, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sport Clips (Georgetown, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Long, not given the tools/products for the hands on portion of the interview to help achieve success and I was promised them and verbally and in writing from the corporate office (this was a complete set up to fail), last segment of the interview was rude and VERY DISRESPECTFUL, the beginning part was very nice and personable. I did not have an issue until the very end on the last day of a very long 3 day interview process. They were rude, inconsiderate, disrespectful, aggressive, one person even left the interview, one person was completely disengaged and VERY RUDE, one person thought 'they were the be all to end all". I have never experienced such an experience at all. They could have just said thank you but no thank you. Everyone else however, was extremely nice and wonderful during the process.

Interview Questions

• All about past experience, how I would change the past to positively effect the future   1 Answer

Stylist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tyler, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sport Clips (Tyler, TX).

Interview

The interview process goes through an online site or a paper application in which gets forwarded to a a recruiter or area manager and then the stores who are in need of someone will get contacted by management. A technical in which you cut a clients hair to show your knowledge of haircutting. You are asked several questions concerning your experience and if your chosen you'll receive a call back.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been cutting hair?   1 Answer

Hair Stylist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sport Clips.

Interview

It was an easy process. I got called in for an interview and we discussed what they were looking for ascwell as my experience and then scheduled a day to do a technical on a client. The next day I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job ?   1 Answer