Sport Clips Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Sport Clips

2.0

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Pleasant, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sport Clips (Mount Pleasant, MI) in October 2018.

Interview

Honestly it was one of the best interviews I have ever had! As soon as i stepped into the salon everyone made me feel welcomed. It was such a positive expercience, and the interviewer made me feel so comfortable! We clicked right away! I was offered to come back for the practical part of the interview but was unable to find a guy to cut there hair.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what where some things I was interested in?   1 Answer

Thank you for sharing!

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sport Clips (Baton Rouge, LA) in February 2020.

Interview

The store manager called me to set up my interview. I was told to bring my clippers so she could assess my skill level. On the day of the interview, I was greeted by friendly staff. The store manager told me to do a fade on a male manikin while she proceeded to ask questions. After the cut, she showed me a few cutting techniques and gave valuable feedback. I received a call for a job offer a few days later. The staff was professional and the hiring process wasn't lengthy.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about the company?
      Are you a licensed cosmetologist or currently enrolled in school?
      When will you graduate?
      Have you taken your written exam? If no, when will you take it?
      When are you available?
      Are you interested in growth opportunities?   Answer Question

Mar 10, 2020 – Talent and Engagement Specialist

Thank you for sharing your experience!

Barber Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sport Clips (Gainesville, FL) in February 2020.

Interview

Communicate with manager about job. Ask her about salary, training ( none), and that’s how it went. She asked where I went to cosmetology school and when . She said they were in need of a cosmetologist ( but really a barber bc your. Using totally different skills and tools and primarily cutting ONLY MEN ABD BOYS HAIRCUTS)!!

Interview Questions

Sport Clips Response

Feb 25, 2020 – Talent and Engagement Specialist

Thank you for your feedback! This is valuable!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Lawn, IL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sport Clips (Oak Lawn, IL) in December 2019.

Interview

There was an initial interview where services and salary were discussed. I was called in for a second interview which I was not allowed to complete. "Affiliates" said that was not a good fit for Sportsclips. I brought all of my tools and was told I was not allowed to interview, after the interview was scheduled

Interview Questions

• They asked about my current salary   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Levittown, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sport Clips (Levittown, NY) in December 2019.

Interview

Very few questions, try’s you out for 2 week trial, which they don’t tell you. They basically want you to cut a barber way , they want weekends and flexibility, will call you in randomly.

Interview Questions

Sport Clips Response

Feb 4, 2020 – Talent and Engagement Specialist

Thank you for sharing your interview experience! I am happy to hear that you accepted a position with us, but am sorry to hear that the interview experience was not positive. I wish you the best and appreciate your valuable feedback!

Barber Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pueblo, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sport Clips (Pueblo, CO) in October 2019.

Interview

I filled out application on line. Received a txt , asking if I would be interested in a phone interview. Next meeting store manager and tour of Shop/Salon. Have a model perform a haircut. Asked to be part of the team !!!!!

Interview Questions

• How far away from the Salon do you live ?   1 Answer

Hair Stylist Interview

Interview

Very comfortable. They lead you into the back and sit you down and ask you questions and they are very friendly to you. Ask you how long you've been in beauty school and when you graduated.

Anonymous Employee in Puyallup, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sport Clips (Puyallup, WA).

Interview

I was taken out for coffee by the two girls interviewing me. Then was told about the company and the expectations. I was asked some questions about myself and some questions about my skill set. It was very relaxed and they were very upbeat and chill, I felt like I was just having coffee with some friends, so I felt very relaxed and not nervous. When the interview was over, they told me they will talk amongst themselves and the head manager and let me know the next day if I got the job. That part made me a little nervous, but they called me back and said I had the job.

Interview Questions

Sport Clips Response

Jul 19, 2019 – Talent and Engagement Specialist

Thank you taking the time to share your experience!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sport Clips (Santa Clarita, CA) in July 2019.

Interview

It was about 15 mins I was showed around and I got a call asking to make sure I wanted the job based on what they offered. She made it seem like I got the job even when I was leaving. Told me she would talk to the owner then call me to come pick up applications they didn't hire me because I disclosed that I was pregnant. Which was discriminating and against the law which I had told her in person. Instead went with another applicant who wasn't pregnant.

Interview Questions

• How many hours I'm looking to work per week.   1 Answer

Jul 19, 2019 – Talent and Engagement Specialist

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I will let the store owner know about this immediately.

Stylist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sport Clips.

Interview

They tell you what is required, and what you’ll be compensated. They show you the 5 point play, and give you a tour of the store. You get to meet the other stylists. It was very quick and easy.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Hair Stylist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sport Clips.

Interview

It was a very good Interview. Details of company. Dress code. Hours. Salary. What was expected. How long licensed. Clock in time. Break time. Speed time. Travel time. Requesting off.