KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

What people are saying about Sport Clips

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The hourly pay is great plus you receive commission from products sold and service commission also is given!(in 163 reviews)
  • "You can make good money if your in a good location in OKC I was at the Edmond one and that was the busiest store(in 81 reviews)
  • "great training to master men's haircuts in no time(in 55 reviews)
  • "Flexible hours that work around your personal life.(in 42 reviews)
  • "Getting to me different types of people and being able to work with great people(in 39 reviews)
Cons
  • "Most franchise owners have a history or poor management either at a store level or area managers or sometimes both(in 69 reviews)
  • "No benefits of any kind(in 53 reviews)
  • "People leave bad managers.(in 37 reviews)
  • "There are no perks and commission is hard to reach.(in 27 reviews)
  • "UnorganiZed, over worked employees, too much favoritism, manager always gives herself the ideal hours, assistants then get the next best schedule we’ll the rest of the staff is over worked, no family balance for this location.(in 13 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Sport Clips and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years
    Featured Review

Do what you love love what you do!!!

Feb 16, 2022 - Store Manager in Franklin, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love this company I’ve been here for going into 5years. I am surrounded by family/team everyday, get to wear comfortable clothes, competitive wages, paid vacations, incentives, and so much more. I am definitely thankful I got blessed to be with this amazing company and great team. Our area coach Bailey is always on top of things very personable and energetic she is the best. We keep a strong bond because of the Passion we all have for this company and love and support from our team leader and area coach.

Cons

How could you have any cons about this company they are by far the best in the business.

1 person found this review helpful

Talent and Engagement Specialist

Thank you for your review and commitment to Sport Clips!

2. 5.0

Great pay

Aug 7, 2022 - Hairstylist/Key Holder
    Business Outlook

Pros

Love working for a company that pays stylists what they’re worth, however this does depend on your franchisee, luckily The ones I work for I’m happy with

Cons

I don’t enjoy how we must take clients right up till close (technically 5 after close) most of us are woman with families, and even so it’s disrespectful to expect someone to stay longer just to fit everyone in.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Job

Aug 4, 2022 - Area Coach in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Room to grow and lots of fun!

Cons

Bonuses are hard to reach

4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Overall ok place to work

Aug 4, 2022 - Stylist in Edwardsville, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Competitive pay. Always an opportunity to make more money

Cons

Long hours and late nights. Pay doesn’t compensate for the late hours and weekends in my opinion

Talent and Engagement Specialist

Thank you for sharing your feedback!

5. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to start building yourself !

Aug 1, 2022 - Hairtylist
    Business Outlook

Pros

- always busy - easy to hit commission if you love to talk !

Cons

- (at the time) benefits were not that great - people called in or came to work late all the time

6. 4.0
    Current Employee

Receptionist

Jul 28, 2022 - Receptionist in Pittsburgh, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

They worked around my schedule

Cons

More cleaning than anything. Was supposed to be tipped out and most of the time half the stylists wouldn’t.

Talent and Engagement Specialist

Thank you for sharing your experience. Each location handles compensation differently due to ownership. I am sorry to hear that not all team members participated. Most teams do work together to keep the store looking fresh! I get that cleaning up is not the highlight of your day. The receptionist/coordinator position provides new stylists/barbers (or students) an opportunity to learn about the business in a supportive role while having the opportunity to observe the cutting floor and participate in training. I wish you the best in your career!

7. 2.0

It’s ok

Aug 11, 2022 - Stylist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good tips. Very busy. Fast paced

Cons

Will cut your hours without a choice

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Sportclips

Jul 27, 2022 - Area Manager in Kansas City, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is good , culture

Cons

Benefits, work life balance & petty sometimes

Talent and Engagement Specialist

Thank you for taking time to submit a review and for your dedication to Sport Clips! It is challenging on the whole team when your store is short staffed. We are working diligently to hire and growing great team members so everyone has a better work life balance. I appreciate you!

9. 3.0
    Current Employee

Corporate hair

Aug 9, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Make decent money. Only cutting

Cons

Crazy schedule. 7 days in a row. Must meet all their metrics. Very scripted. Macho to the point of ridiculousness.

10. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good place to start

Jul 25, 2022 - Hair Stylist in Raleigh, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to cut your teeth straight out of school.

Cons

Difficult goals to reach pay raise

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,911 Reviews
</>Embed

Sport Clips Reviews FAQs

Sport Clips has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 1,925 reviews left anonymously by employees. 73% of employees would recommend working at Sport Clips to a friend and 68% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Sport Clips employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Sport Clips. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

73% of Sport Clips employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Sport Clips 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Sport Clips to be career development, coworkers, compensation and the cons to be management, benefits.

Popular Careers with Sport Clips Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Sport Clips? Share Your Experiences

Company Updates

Logo

32 days ago

Culture
The story of Sport Clips stylist Meghan Blanchette’s life reads like the screenplay of a made‐for‐tv movie. Growing up in Connecticut, successful in school, acing tests, she began planning for college followed by a business career. But that all changed during her senior year when she made the decision to take her first drink. It may sound dramatic, but she knew she had a family history and says the addiction gene kicked in with that first drink.
Shared image - Recovering Out Loud: Overcoming Addiction, One Day at a Time
Recovering Out Loud: Overcoming Addiction, One Day at a Time
www.sportclips.com

Sport Clips Photos

+ Add Photo
Sport Clips photo of: Sport Clips Pro and Area Coach, Frankie Perez prepping to cut her client's hair
Sport Clips photo of: Sport Clips Pro &amp; Store Manager, Anthony touching up his client's beard.
Sport Clips photo of: Austin Area Manager, Phillip at Core Camp
Sport Clips photo of: Sport Clips Pro - Sport Clips Strong
Sport Clips photo of: Sport Clips Pro and Area Coach, Lisa
Sport Clips photo of: We are Open!
Sport Clips photo of: IT Support Team Member learns to cut hair at Core Camp!

Glassdoor has 1,925 Sport Clips reviews submitted anonymously by Sport Clips employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Sport Clips is right for you.