Sport Clips Reviews

Updated May 9, 2021

3.8
Sport Clips CEO and President Edward Logan
Edward Logan
Pros
  • "Teaching new stylist how to care about what you do(in 113 reviews)

• "Fast pace environment great company great pay ability to move up(in 92 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Turn around with stylist that stay longer than 1 year do to competitive salons(in 130 reviews)

• "Hard on your your back and shoulders sometimes cuz you’re doing so many haircuts(in 50 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Sport Clips and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

A company with heart

Apr 7, 2021 - Stylist in Buford, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Competitive salary, great tips, continuing education

Cons

Scheduling can be tough when short handed

Talent and Engagement Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! Agreed, scheduling can be tough when you are short handed. Please know that your hard work is appreciated!

2. 5.0

Great Company

May 9, 2021 - Hair Stylist in Loveland, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Consistent flo of clients coming in

Cons

Schedule changes every week. Do the same thing over and over again.

Talent and Engagement Specialist

Thank you for sharing your experience and for your time at Sport Clips! We understand that scheduling is a challenge. Each store has a unique client flow and each store has a unique set of team members. We are working on tools for scheduling. Have you discussed your scheduling needs with your store owner or manager?

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Sport Clips

May 6, 2021 - Manager in Mesa, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing amazing company to work for! I feel so blessed to work for such amazing owners ( Jared&Val) I LOVE my job, I’m excited to Come to work and have such an awesome clientele. Also love that there is so much room for growth with in the company. They have so many locations so I don’t have to drive far from home when getting promoted or even when I first started they put me at a location that was so close to home and so convenient to goto work. I want to thank our owners for raising the bar compared to other companies I’ve worked for. I will for sure be a life long employee of sport clips and that’s because of Jared and Val and all the time and effort they put into each one of their employees.

Cons

I personally can think of any Cons working for this company.

Talent and Engagement Specialist

Thank you for sharing your experience and advice! There are opportunities for growth in most markets. Make sure you let your manager, store owner and or coach know what your goals are so they can help you!

4. 5.0

Manager

May 6, 2021 - Manager in Glendale, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Communication Promotes within Livable pay Free Classes/ education Supportive Know who you work for The people I work for have given me so much more than a paycheck, I feel like they’ve helped me grow into a stronger, more confident person. They were there for us during the shut down, given us so much support getting reopened and they are willing to listen to your struggles no matter how small. My franchise owners have an employee for life with me.

Cons

Not starting working for them sooner

1 person found this review helpful

Talent and Engagement Specialist

Thank you for your review and for the time spent at Sport Clips! It looks like you have a great support system in Arizona!

5. 5.0

They truly care!

May 7, 2021 - Manager/Stylist in Phoenix, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

I enjoy the environment, my team, cutting men’s hair, and the work family I’ve acquired over the years and our team leaders really do go above and beyond for us. I love Jared and Val and Jen our Area Manager is amazing for all she does!

Cons

I really don’t have any complaints.

Talent and Engagement Specialist

Thank you for your commitment to Sport Clips and for sharing your experience!

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Pros

flexible schedule, full time or part time availability, pay is awesome and bonuses, work attire is comfortable. Walk in clientele Very structured with great Values. Family unit

Cons

I don't have any cons for this company

Talent and Engagement Specialist

Your review and commitment to Sport Clips is appreciated!

7. 2.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Uhhh it was not the best

May 2, 2021 - Coordinator in Tomball, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some good coworkers. Good starter job.

Cons

I didn't get a pay raise in my year of working there. Day off requests were allowed to be denied and they would schedule outside of my availability. There was a lot of favoritism at my store. I was underpaid for the amount of work that was expected of me.

Talent and Engagement Specialist

This is great feedback. Thank you for your time at Sport Clips! I will share this with the appropriate person.

8. 5.0

Love it

May 3, 2021 - Licensed Cosmetologist in Fort Smith, AR
      Business Outlook

Pros

I’m a coordinator for sport clips until I graduate. The environment is fun, the women I work with are amazing & my management is very understanding about life happening. All of the girls help each other out fully.

Cons

Haven’t encountered any yet. I’ll check back in when I’m full time. Lol

Talent and Engagement Specialist

I am so happy to hear about your experience as a coordinator! Thank you for sharing your experience. Working with a supportive team is so important! Life happens and we should all take the time to care for and encourage one another. We look forward to having you on board full time!

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

SportClips has allowed me to grow from not just a stylist, but a leader and I have learned many barbershop

Apr 29, 2021 - Salon Manager in Reno, NV
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay( base pay+ commission+tips) , offer benefits, paid vacation, easy to advance and positive work culture, and good hours

Cons

The only con to this is that we work most weekends but almost always have two days off in a row during the week

Talent and Engagement Specialist

Thank you for your dedication to Sport Clips! I am so glad to hear that you enjoy what you do and that you have experienced growth!

10. 5.0

HIGHLY RECOMMED

May 6, 2021 - Stylist in Chandler, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing pay, walk in clients, high bonuses , fast promotions, team based, company that takes very good care of employees, fast paced

Cons

Hair splinters and thats it

Talent and Engagement Specialist

Thank you for sharing! Each store has their own compensation and benefits plan. I am glad to see that your store offers a competitive compensation plan!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,496 Reviews