Sportsman's Warehouse Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Sportsman's Warehouse

2.0

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sportsman's Warehouse (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2018.

Interview

I was interviewed by the controller. He was a nice older guy who wore cargo shorts. We met one on one in a conference room. The interview lasted about 20 minutes before I was asked to stay and meet with the assistant controller.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

Interview

These guys (no, no women work here) havent a clue what theyre doing...
    Typical for a white male mormon establishment, only women working here are secretaries. I was interviewed by 8 men total. Their strategy is very limited and their real goal was to hire someone away from a current sporting goods hq to do the same thing for them. Good luck! And maybe update yourself on what is real marketing. The new guy they had put in charge had no clear vision nor goal as to who he wanted to hire. It was more important that you hunt and fish with the good ole boys than know how to market an active brand and product line. Well done, fellas.

Interview Questions

• The VP asked the silliest questions irrelevant to the interview.   1 Answer

Camping Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Federal Way, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sportsman's Warehouse (Federal Way, WA).

Interview

Very straight forward about 10 to 15 questions from a hiring manager and store manager. Mostly they wanted to know how well you could interact with customers. The questions were the same for both interviews. Some included describing yourself and why you are interested in working there.

Interview Questions

• how would you handle a dispute between a customer and another associate?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Show Low, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sportsman's Warehouse (Show Low, AZ) in April 2017.

Interview

Interviewed, was told I would hear back in a few days and then received a call before I even got home informing me that I got the job. The orientation is GRUELING and includes a 15 page packet of legal jargon about insider trading that must be READ ALOUD.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Saint George, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sportsman's Warehouse (Saint George, UT) in July 2016.

Interview

I brought my resume and application, and gave it to the cashier manager. Without reviewing my resume and application she gave me a hug and said to begin the paperwork process to employment.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sportsman's Warehouse in March 2016.

Interview

Basic questions about your past experience. Also asked about your schedule and how open it is. If you are familiar with their products and with cash handling. Was a short interview and was not asked a lot of questions really.
     They made the decision the same day right after the interview.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sportsman's Warehouse in April 2014.

Interview

Talked to store manager and district manager went over my experience with out door sports, background what I would do with different retail situations and difficult customers. Back ground in retail merchandising, pricing, accounting cash registers.

Interview Questions

• Do you know hunting fishing camping and guns,   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sportsman's Warehouse.

Interview

Simple. Had a friend who worked there get me an interview and started the next day. The general manager seemed more nervous than I was and didn’t seem to put too much into the process or questions

Order Fulfillment Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sportsman's Warehouse.

Interview

No interview process, hired through a temp service, and have the requirement of working a particular amount of hours before you're even considered to be hired on full time and at that point there's no interview process

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sportsman's Warehouse (Wilmington, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

Open interviews were conducted for the launch of the new store. Interviews seemed to be carried out in the store office from there on out. Pretty generic questions pertaining to experience and customer service skills.