Springbox Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 13, 2016

2.8

Digital Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Springbox (Austin, TX).

Interview

I applied for the Digital Strategist position via LinkedIn and quickly received an email from a recruiter to set up a phone call. The initial call went well and I felt optimistic. I was scheduled for another call with a hiring manager that also was a success in my mind. SB then wanted me to come in to present my findings on how they could grow their own business and insights for how they could improve their website to generate new leads. First of all, this was a weird "assessment." The company doesn't really have a developed strategy for marketing itself - which is a bit ironic since it is a digital marketing agency.

Still, I later emailed an HR manager after I presented just to follow up on the hiring process. I got the sense they had interviewed a lot of people for this position. I never heard back despite being told that they "would be in touch."

Look, I get it, hiring is a process. But it would have been nice to receive either a "yes" or "no" if I would be moving forward after the third interview. Just a general courtesy these days, right?

Anyway, looks like the person that I would be reporting to just left the company, so maybe it is a blessing in disguise.

Interview Questions

Springbox Response

Sep 15, 2016 – Manager People Operations

Thank you for your feedback. During our recruiting and interview process, we aim to provide candidates with a great experience and are disappointed to hear that you had a different interaction. On ... More

Product Manager Interview

Application

Interview

Quick 30 minute conversation with Director of Product. It was evident that they were overwhelmed and needed to hire someone quickly. After repeated attempts to request the status of the position or feedback about the interview, my attempts fell on deaf ears.

Interview Questions

Springbox Response

Aug 1, 2016 – Manager People Operations

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback! At Springbox we are committed to providing candidates with a great interview experience. I am sorry to hear we did not meet those ... More

Director of Optimization Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Springbox (Austin, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Seamless and quick. The CEO reached out to me directly via LinkedIN, which started the process with HR. A HR recruiter called me directly for a phone screen then 1:1 and group panel interviews were scheduled with C-level employees. The overall process ended with a presentation before I received an offer for the role. The entire process included two phone screens, one full day filled with 1:1 interviews, and a final presentation.

Interview Questions

• Would you rather eat cheese or pet a dog?
      Why are you looking for other opportunities?
      1 Answer

Front-End Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Springbox (Austin, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied one night, got a call the next morning, had a phone interview set up for the next day, and an in-person interview the day after that. Another set of in-person interviews with several employees happened soon after. Extremely impressed with the responsiveness and haste of the whole experience.

Phone interview was fun, asked about my technical experience, but didn't quiz me on anything technical.

First in-person interview was very personable and an easy conversation. Got to see the office and meet some other employees.

Second in-person interview had me meeting with three other employees, but only lasted for about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What is your opinion on frameworks like Foundation and pre-processors like LESS/SASS   Answer Question

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Springbox (Austin, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Springbox may have been voted one of the best places to work in Austin but interviewing there turned out to be an experience lacking in professionalism. I interviewed for a front end developers' position with two lead developers for around thirty minutes each. Both appeared to not have reviewed my application or resume and both seemed to be making up questions to ask me off the cuff. Although running past the allotted time, the interviews had a perfunctory feel, as if I was not being considered as a viable candidate.

Despite being told that someone from Springbox would "definitely be in touch" I never heard back from anyone. After allowing ten days to pass I wrote an email to the HR rep that initially contacted me politely asking for an update on where the company was with the hiring process. I never received a response.

It is a real shame that Springbox follows suit with many other companies that disrespect job candidates' time and the efforts we make to prepare for and attend job interviews. I took personal time off from my current job to make the meeting. I now wish I had saved that time to speak with professionals who care about the people that want to join their teams. If this is any indication of what it's really like working at Springbox then job candidates should look elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience working with code pre-processors like SASS/LESS?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Springbox (Austin, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Great interview experience.

I was first interviewed on the phone by an HR staff member who was very pleasant and articulate. She asked me about my organizational skills and other basic behavioral interview questions.

The following week, I was interviewed on-site by two staff members who were very laid back and approachable. They asked me basic questions about my experience, interests, and what I wanted to get out of the position. No weird/difficult questions. Just a get-to-know-you type of interview.

Though they ultimately offered the position to another candidate, I felt it was a fair and informative interview process overall.

Interview Questions

• What is your impression of the Springbox brand? What is your favorite app right now? How would your best friend describe you?   Answer Question

Associate User Experience Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Springbox (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

After sending my letter and resume I was called within a couple of days. We set up a phone interview which lasted about 15 mins. A day later I was asked into the office for a 1:1 interview. The questions were straight forward, and overall it was a pleasant interview. The response (they had hired someone else) from that took about a week and a half.

QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Springbox (Austin, TX).

Interview

I was initially contacted by email. Then I had a phone screen. About 2 weeks later I was contacted by email again for an onsite interview. I never heard from them again.

Interview Questions

• Would you be available to contract when this was posted as a regular full time position.   Answer Question

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Springbox (Austin, TX) in May 2010.

Interview

Great interview with what seems to be a great culture. Seems like a company that's moving in the right directions with capable people running it.

Interview Questions

• Several questions about mobile and UX that were tough for me since I was just learning.   Answer Question