Spurwink Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Spurwink Services Interview Questions

2.0

Clinical Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chelsea, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spurwink Services (Chelsea, ME) in April 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with the Program Director. He really struggled to come up with interview questions and seemed unprepared in general. I asked a lot of questions about the job and the workplace that he couldn't answer, and I was eventually told to ask the other employees around the office. By the end of the interview, he really wanted to hire me, but not for the position that I applied for, just a regular administrative position that pays less. We kept in contact for about 2 weeks while he figured out what kind of position he was actually looking to fill, and eventually offered me two different part time positions that both paid less than what the original position would have payed. It turned out the original position wasn't even being offered at all and it was just a colossal waste of my time.

Office Assistant Portland Help Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Spurwink Services (Portland, ME) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was not what one would expect in an interview. No questions were asked about my experience, skills or why i was the right person for the position. It felt like they were desperately selling me the position.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work for the amount of money offered, it is non-negotiable.   Answer Question

Therapeutic Foster Parent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spurwink Services (Portland, ME) in June 2014.

Interview

First a skype interview if you live far away then an in person interview if possible.

Honestly if you present as a semi responsible person you have a good chance of getting the job because the turnover rate for TFP's is horrible and the program bleeds money when these positions are open because they have to pay RYFS' tons of overtime and sleep hours to cover.

Interview Questions

• They ask you to share three weaknesses and three strengths of the person you are applying for this position with. This is tricky since it's usually married couples who apply.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Direct Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spurwink Services (Providence, RI).

Interview

interview and hiring process was long

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was none

Therapeutic Couple Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chelsea, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Spurwink Services (Chelsea, ME) in October 2013.

Interview

Start by speaking with Steve Connley, the recruiter. Then, have a phone interview with a Senior Administrator. We then had a Skype interview with 2 program supervisors. Once we decided to move forward, we scheduled a flight to complete an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

We asked if the house had mold. We were told it doesn't because the state mandates that the youth can not live in a house with mold. We found mold in more than one home. If we had known that respite staff have less responsibilities, better pay, and there was no way to advance to that position, then we would have asked for "respite pay" or asked to be considered as a respite team.

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Spurwink Services in June 2010.

Interview

The application is all electronic initially. I was contacted by someone within a couple weeks. The actual 1:1 interview took place at one of the therapeutic homes, which I thought was a great touch. We talked about the position, the clients, and my potential fit. We then toured the facility I would be working at. I heard back within one week and then filled out forms for a background check, etc. Overall, everyone was very pleasant and helpful.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about using physical restraints on clients?   Answer Question