St. Edward's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

St. Edward's Interview Questions

Updated May 11, 2017

2.2

Resident Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at St. Edward's.

Interview

Multiple steps to the process. Be prepared for both group and one on one interviews after filling in an online application. You also have to go to an info session.

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult situation that you've been in recently?   Answer Question

Math Lab Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at St. Edward's (Austin, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Spoke briefly with the math lab director. I described my past experience in the field. They waived some of the requirements for the hiring process given my experience in the field.

HVAC Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at St. Edward's (Austin, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

It went very well, I was very positive and I received alot of great feed back on answering questions. I was asked back for a second interview and that went very well at least I thought.

Interview Questions

• Can I handle working overtime to get the job done?   1 Answer

Digital Information Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at St. Edward's (Austin, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

It was a very easy interview, more like a conversation. She wanted to know more about me and my personality, to see if I was a culture fit. I asked a lot of questions and they liked that. They wanted to make sure I had the design skills for the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was only a negotiation of how many hours a week

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at St. Edward's (Austin, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Usually the teacher will choose a student based on experience. So, there really isn't much of an interview process involved here. In cases where the students have asked to be teaching assistants, though, I've heard stories of there being a really easy 1 on 1 "interview". Nothing too taxing at all.

Interview Questions

• "Do you want to be a teaching assistant for ____?"   1 Answer

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at St. Edward's (Austin, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by the assistant and associate members of the office of the Registrar. The interview was about half an hour to 45mins in duration. Standard questions were asked as well as some personality type questions, such as "If you found an elephant in your back yard, how would you react?"
    I also met with the Registrar of the office, and he asked me "Should higher education be a privilege or right?"
    I am not sure if this was specific to the office itself, but if it is keep those two questions in mind.

Also, they do not upload a decision on your application after you're interviewed. I was not picked because I never got a call back.

Interview Questions

• What do you think we do here in the Office of the Registrar?   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at St. Edward's (Austin, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

I was hired just before the start of a semester because a professor recommended me after a previous hire dropped out. I made the right impression with the right people, and that made my interview process incredibly easy--a two-page form I submitted electronically. Making friends with professors who also work with the administration pays off.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important social issue facing the world today / which social issue are you most passionate about?   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at St. Edward's in May 2014.

Interview

No interview, was approached and asked to work by professor. Some other teaching assistants assumed their positions by asking professors in person if they needed assistance in any labs or classes. The professor - student dynamic at St. Edward's is close knit, so befriend a professor if you want to increase your odds for this opportunity

Interview Questions

• Will you be my teaching assistant?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at St. Edward's.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was your standard Higher Education process. First there was 30 minute phone interview, then I was able to land a on campus interview. During the on campus you get to meet the entire community , which is great. It was a good enough time for me to ask questions and for them to ask questions. I also got to see Austin.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult questions were based on philosophy and what I would do it certain situations.   Answer Question

Student Worker Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at St. Edward's.

Interview

I applied online which was short and sweet. About one week later, I got an interview for the three positions I applied for. The interview took up to about 20 minutes and I was the only person being interview. It was a little intimidating, especially because 2-3 people were asking questions, but the interviewers were very personable. They really try to get to know who they are interviewing and definitely value a personable personality. Just go in and be yourself!

Interview Questions

• What are some past experiences that have helped you prepare for the positions that you've applied to?   Answer Question