St. John's University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 8, 2017

2.1

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Queens Village, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at St. John's University (Queens Village, NY).

Interview

Meet with a few VPs or AVPs around similar business units. This was a technology role and, as such, was questioned on relevant technology architecture / solutions used or developed in past experience.

Interview Questions

• Relevant background/skillsets.   1 Answer

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Staten Island, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at St. John's University (Staten Island, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I learned of this interview through pure serendipity. It seems that much information at St. John's is disseminated in this way. The interview itself, however, had nothing to do with chance and everything to do with (a) My resume and (b) How I presented myself. The gentleman who interviewed me deemed my resume impressive, seemed to enjoy my company, and proceeded to hire me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why did you as a student choose attend St. John's University?   1 Answer

Student Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at St. John's University in August 2015.

Interview

I applied at the Computer Lab. Interview took about 10 minutes and it was very easy. Interviewer did most of the talking and basically explained what the job entitled. She emailed me about a week later.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to work with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel?   Answer Question

Teaching Fellow Interview

Interview

Had to give a presentation. I was asked questions about how I would handle a class, responses to various scenarios. Was interrupted frequently to see how I would handle stress?

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a student comes asking for more points?   Answer Question

Adjunct Instrucot Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jamaica, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at St. John's University (Jamaica, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Did not do an interview. I went to the school so I was offer the job during the summer. The head of department contacted me about working at the school

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at St. John's University (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I interviewed in queens campus, two advisors in the ISSSO interviewed me. Very easy questions, why do you want to work here, tell me about your self. they are nice.

Assistant Professor Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at St. John's University.

Interview

Got interview call within days of applying. Except one person on the committee, rest looked at running a program in higher education as a cop shop. Instead of asking questions they just raved about jobs in their prior lives. Two were outright rude in the way that they asked questions. Did not ask any relevant questions. Just told me from the get go why I would not fit the program. I was left wondering for the whole duration why exactly did they call me? Didn't they read my resume? Waste of time and money (no mileage either). I wish there was an option of irrelevant under interview difficulty.

Interview Questions

• Did not ask any relevant questions. Just told me from the get go why I would not fit the program.   1 Answer

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jamaica, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at St. John's University (Jamaica, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Basic interview with the manager and student supervisors. They interview you as a group usually 5-10 people per session and they also go over the telephone script you'll need when calling alums for donations. Once they give you the script you have to do a call demonstrations so they can see how you would handle telephoning people.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Queens Village, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at St. John's University (Queens Village, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

The hiring manager was able to coordinate a one-day interview during one of their busiest events on campus for me, which I was immensely impressed and thankful for!

The hiring manger contacted me directly. I spent very little time with human resources.

I was hired, and I did find their New Hire Orientation somewhat lacking. I started off-orientation, but learned more on my own that i did at the orientation itself (which was a half-day). My other experiences, employers required at least 1.5 to 2 full days to go through everything.

Negotiation

Little room for negotiation

Teaching Assistant Interview

Interview

Help students foe there classes. Meet the demands of grades and rank.....working culture is nice, people are friendly. Responisble for tutoring and grading. Also for protecting and helping professor.