Standard Motor Products Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 25, 2017

3.1

Electronic Assembler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Standard Motor Products (Orlando, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

The same thing that we usually find in a normal interview.
    They really want to know if your are a reliable person and they can trust you, so for example if you don't have experience it's better you tell them the truth.

Interview Questions

• If you pretend work more than 6 months   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Is City, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Standard Motor Products (Long Is City, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

The process was very basic. I applied through somebody that I knew at the company and within a few weeks I was interviewing with a hiring manager. They were very flexible about giving me time to decide due to schoolwork and other internship offers.

Database Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Standard Motor Products (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

I had a telephonic interview in which they handed me a coding round. Then I was selected for an onsite interview wherein I was rigorously asked coding questions in Database.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Standard Motor Products (Long Island City, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

The entire process was completed in less than a week. Got first a call from Hiring Manager that set the time for a one-to-one meeting. I was then introduced to my hypothetical team leader who was very professional and excellent in creating a relaxing atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to join the company and what I could offer if they had given me the position   Answer Question

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Standard Motor Products (Richmond, VA).

Interview

They do personality assessment and a job match profile. If a fit you are provided a phone screen by the HR manager. You are then brought in and meet with the facility director, HR, and members of the team.

Interview Questions

• From the profile and job match they tend to know what you do well and areas that you need more experience in. So if you prefer to work alone and you need to work in cross functional teams you can expect to get that type of question.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They had the whole package laid out in what was covered in salary, bonus, benefits and relocation. While I did not get to start they were flexible based on my performance in making future adjustments.

Engineering Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Standard Motor Products (Long Island City, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

Interview was set up through email. Went in and met with recruiter. Afterwards interviewd with the hiring manager. Sent in a thank you email. Tried to follow up with the recruiter through email and phone but never heard back.

Interview Questions

• Put out several parts from different products and asked what I think they do.   Answer Question

Production Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Standard Motor Products (Greenville, SC) in June 2012.

Interview

Was hired by a temp agency. I went through them for initial job then SMP hired me straight on after several months. I did not have to do a second interview with SMP when I went to full time. I had to pass a background check before I could interview.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Standard Motor Products (Long Island City, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

HR called me up after I submitted my resume. They give you a simple IQ test and automotive quiz. The HR speaks to you and later get send to the department manager to get interview. There decision is quick and simple.