Staples & Associates Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Staples & Associates

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Staples & Associates (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

It went well and easy manager was friendly and made things simple and quick, he asked why I wanted to work here , what I know about the store , what's my availability .

Interview Questions

• Why would u want to work here ?   1 Answer

Junior BA Interview

Interview

2 interviews with 2 different departments. Got to pick which I liked best and then they decided if you are a good fit.

Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Staples & Associates in January 2013.

Interview

Was called two days after applying online for interview. It was held in th furniture section of the store. Which was noisy and customers kept interrupting. Meet with assistant manager who asked about experience and what I hope to get from Staples. Had second interview immediately with general manager. She wanted older experienced cashiers who would treat the store as their own. Wanted someone who knew how to talk to customers and not shy away like the younger, first job ever, kids. Said they would call me by Friday. Three weeks later received a job offer. When I showed up for training there was five people. Three were first time workers.

Interview Questions

• What do you hope staples can do for you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't one. It's only part time. Pay is 8.70/he. No negotiating.

Inventory Control Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Staples & Associates (London, OH) in February 2012.

Interview

As long as criteria was met, you received an interview. Interviewer was very knowledgeable and was not an easy interview. They expect you to be able to take in much information and learn quickly. The better you were able to prove it, the better off you did.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Staples & Associates (Dallas, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

Referred to Staples by a friend and completed a phone interview with the hiring manager and his boss. From there I was invited to a face-to-face interview with the hiring manager's boss and within a few days an offer was extended. Very basic and simple interview questions were used to gauge business accumen and personality type as related to the preferred sales associate profile.

Interview Questions

• Questions about personal life and family, such as number of children, married or single, etc...   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was some small wiggle room in base salary and commission guarantees, but not without significant pressure being applied by the person being hired.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

Application

I interviewed at Staples & Associates (Kansas City, KS) in January 2010.

Interview

Very Long