State Industrial Products Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at State Industrial Products (Cleveland, OH) in June 2011.

Interview

phone interview and in person interview plus they have u take a Thurow test, it takes 2 hours to complete and portions are timed.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at State Industrial Products in June 2014.

Interview

Long and involved. They did a tremendous job of making sure I was a fit for the company. They also made sure I had done taken the time to do my duediligance and was making the right decision for myself and family.

Interview Questions

• Why would would like to work for State Chemical   1 Answer

Strategic Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at State Industrial Products.

Interview

I submitted my resume on a job board. Later in the day, a manager texted me to schedule an interview on the phone for the following day. The interview was only five minutes. Oddly, after the interview, the manager texted me to complete an online job application. I decided not to complete the application.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about off site sales?
      Are you comfortable with cold calling?
      What do you know about the company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at State Industrial Products (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

Applied on line. Got a phone call from a recruiter, Justin. Took online assessment. Got called in for a face-to-face interview with the CEO. After which went on a shadow day during which time I realized this company was outdated and not a good fit for a college graduate.

Interview Questions

• Owner talked a lot about how amazing the organization was when in reality it was the exact opposite.   Answer Question

poor reputation. Lack of mission and vision. A lot of talk with no results.

Strategic Account Manager Interview

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward. I met with the the CEO as he said he likes to see the faces of the young people they bring in to potentially work for the company. I was asked the standard series of interview questions, and ended up having to take a series of analytic tests that were almost identical to what I had to fill out online when I was applying.

Interview Questions

• What separates you from our other candidates? Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at State Industrial Products (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

Initial interview then a field shadow day

Negotiation

There wasn't much negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Babylon, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Industrial Products (Babylon, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and I got a call the following day from the district manager. He explained the position and asked me to go take the test online a personality test. I took the test and he called back for a face to face interview. We set up the interview at a local restaurant. He seems like a very nice guy but he ask some very inappropriate questions like: do you have kids? How did you pay for your school? Where are you from originally? When I didn't answer he tried to play it off. These are illegal questions. Good interview question was, tell me about a time you had to make a difficult decision? He asked many Typically behavioral interview questions. He invited me for a ride along a week later in the Bronx. We supposed to meet at local Home Depot but when I got there I could not find it. GPS
    won't bring you there. Be aware, he said, he was a test. You have to drive around under the bridge then you will find it. Once again the girl asked me if I have kids. If I was married? I think the manager told her to ask me those questions. when I got home the regional manager called and asked do I see myself doIng this kind a job? I said yes. The following day he sent an email saying he will go with someone else. I think having kids had a lot to do with it. Because they emphasized on it to much. He is a very tricky guy for example, he asked, what time you wake up in the morning 11 o'clock while he was smiling... Please be careful of those tricky questions let your guard down.

Strategic Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Industrial Products.

Interview

Processes started with a phone call from the HR rep in Ohio. After he asked a few questions he informed me I would need to take a personality test that he then emailed me. The test took about an hour to finish, one part was timed and three others were not. Then I was called for a face to face interview, the gentlemen I met with were both professional and nice. Very inviting and personable guys.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Industrial Products.

Interview

I had a brief phone screen and was then asked to take an online personality assessment. Good companies use personality assessments to understand candidates better. Bad companies use them to weed out candidates whose personalities aren't a match for the company. This method kills diversity and narrows the field of qualified candidates significantly. Guess which method State Industrial Products uses? It's no wonder that the company is so poorly rated by employees.

Interview Questions

• The questions in the phone screen were pretty basic - walk me through your experience, etc.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at State Industrial Products.

Interview

Interviewed with manager, and regional manager.