State Industrial Products Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State Industrial Products Interview Questions

Strategic Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Industrial Products.

Interview

Processes started with a phone call from the HR rep in Ohio. After he asked a few questions he informed me I would need to take a personality test that he then emailed me. The test took about an hour to finish, one part was timed and three others were not. Then I was called for a face to face interview, the gentlemen I met with were both professional and nice. Very inviting and personable guys.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Industrial Products.

Interview

I had a brief phone screen and was then asked to take an online personality assessment. Good companies use personality assessments to understand candidates better. Bad companies use them to weed out candidates whose personalities aren't a match for the company. This method kills diversity and narrows the field of qualified candidates significantly. Guess which method State Industrial Products uses? It's no wonder that the company is so poorly rated by employees.

Interview Questions

• The questions in the phone screen were pretty basic - walk me through your experience, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Babylon, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Industrial Products (Babylon, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and I got a call the following day from the district manager. He explained the position and asked me to go take the test online a personality test. I took the test and he called back for a face to face interview. We set up the interview at a local restaurant. He seems like a very nice guy but he ask some very inappropriate questions like: do you have kids? How did you pay for your school? Where are you from originally? When I didn't answer he tried to play it off. These are illegal questions. Good interview question was, tell me about a time you had to make a difficult decision? He asked many Typically behavioral interview questions. He invited me for a ride along a week later in the Bronx. We supposed to meet at local Home Depot but when I got there I could not find it. GPS
    won't bring you there. Be aware, he said, he was a test. You have to drive around under the bridge then you will find it. Once again the girl asked me if I have kids. If I was married? I think the manager told her to ask me those questions. when I got home the regional manager called and asked do I see myself doIng this kind a job? I said yes. The following day he sent an email saying he will go with someone else. I think having kids had a lot to do with it. Because they emphasized on it to much. He is a very tricky guy for example, he asked, what time you wake up in the morning 11 o'clock while he was smiling... Please be careful of those tricky questions let your guard down.

Sale Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Industrial Products.

Interview

applied online, one phone call from region manger where we set up an in person meeting. About a week after that we scheduled a full day ride along and was offered a position remotely after.....quick easy nice people

Interview Questions

• conversation speaking about my experiences and why i wanted to work there   1 Answer

Strategic Bench Warmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Industrial Products (San Marcos, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

Elementary interview process. They do a decent job with screening, but that's about it. I had to do a shadow day with one of their 'model' employees who actually quit about a year later, it was funny to see management try and conjure up a good reason as to why he/she left the company when we noticed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was told by my manager that there is no room for negotiation....cheap skates.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at State Industrial Products in June 2014.

Interview

Long and involved. They did a tremendous job of making sure I was a fit for the company. They also made sure I had done taken the time to do my duediligance and was making the right decision for myself and family.

Interview Questions

• Why would would like to work for State Chemical   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at State Industrial Products.

Interview

Interviewed with manager, and regional manager.

Strategic Account Manager Interview

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward. I met with the the CEO as he said he likes to see the faces of the young people they bring in to potentially work for the company. I was asked the standard series of interview questions, and ended up having to take a series of analytic tests that were almost identical to what I had to fill out online when I was applying.

Interview Questions

• What separates you from our other candidates? Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Industrial Products.

Interview

Initial contact with recruiter went very well. Talked with local district manager to set up interview. After the interview I was asked to go on a ride along day with another account manager to see the position. This was very helpful to see the position first hand. I liked what I saw and was offered the position and accepted the position.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at State Industrial Products in February 2014.

Interview

Apply and if you spark their interest they will send you a personality assessment and a many iq test. If you pass you get an interview. If you pass that interview you'll go out in the field and shadow another sales rep. After that you may receive a formal offer and a contract.

Interview Questions

• What do you do for fun? --caught me off guard   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. I was happy to get a job out of college.