State of Nebraska Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 18, 2017

2.8

Accountant III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State of Nebraska (Lincoln, NE) in February 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with three individuals from the department. They actually gave me a written list of the interview questions and told me to just let them know which one (corresponding number) I was answering which to me was a bit odd.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a variance in payroll accounts from one month to the next.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at State of Nebraska.

Interview

Standard interview, no interaction allowed. It contained a lot of behavioral based questions.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at State of Nebraska (Lincoln, NE) in August 2015.

Interview

Telephone screen to determine technical ability. One interview with Administrator and Regional Manager to measure behavior. Second meeting to view work area and meet coworkers. Face to face interviews were shorter than expected.

Interview Questions

• Questions were behavior based ie. Explain how you handled a situation in which you struggled, why and how did you overcome the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State of Nebraska (Lincoln, NE) in December 2014.

Interview

Interviews are always done by two or more people, in person. You are scored based on the answers you provide. It helps to bring a few copies of your resume, although it isn't required. Be prepared to wait at least two weeks before hearing anything after the interview. If they want you, they'll call. If not, you'll get a letter or email telling you the position has been filled.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at State of Nebraska (Lincoln, NE).

Interview

It took 2 weeks+ for them to process my application, and I got a confirmation email for the date of interview. It was a panel interview, two people rotated ask me questions. Most of them are behavior questions and few accounting questions, like "why we need do separate of duty ". After that, there was a written exam. Two were behavior questions and two were questions about child support.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at State of Nebraska (Omaha, NE) in May 2014.

Interview

First you fill out an online application. If you are chosen, you will receive an email advising you of the next step. The next step is the preliminary interview. A preliminary interview, with some basic questions, comes next followed by interview with the person you will work for. Sometimes it takes a long time before you hear back regarding the job.

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at State of Nebraska.

Interview

Interview process consisted of 3 supervisors

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to put your leadership skills to use.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Nebraska.

Interview

Online application process needs to be detailed. Do not count on uploaded resumes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary is based on Classification system- there is no negotiation

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State of Nebraska (Lincoln, NE).

Interview

Contacted for interview a few weeks after applying. I was told there would be a test and they told me what subjects I should expect. Interviews were with 2 managers, I think first interview was 1 hour and the 2nd and final interview was 2 hours or longer. They seemed well prepared in the questions they asked of me and were not rushed for time and often asked follow-up questions.

Interview Questions

• I was asked questions on various programming languages used, operating systems, and what types of tools I'd like to use in the future.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation not really possible, the job descriptions are tightly controlled in government positions.

Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State of Nebraska (Omaha, NE) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied online, which is a very detailed application. All questions must be answered in full detail, or the application will not go through. I was contacted within a month of application and was asked to interview in person. I talked with the supervisor over the phone about the job details and interview process. I accepted the interview. I was interviewed by a panel of three employees, including a counselor, supervisor and deputy director of the company. Each employee asked me a series of five very detailed questions.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was: If you had an hour of free time from work, other than lunch break, what would you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The interview was very lengthy, but the questions were very straightforward, which I answered simply and honestly. After the interview, it was only two days until I was offered the job position. They were very eager to hire.