State of Utah Interview Questions

Updated Mar 6, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 45 of over 45 interviews

In Person13%
Employee Referral3%
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT)

Interview

It was one, 20-minute interview. I met with the team I would be working with and everyone had 2-3 minutes to describe what they do. Then I had 5+ minutes to ask questions regarding the position. Not ideal. Not extensive enough to accurately define the role. Not a job I should have accepted or should anyone else. Learn from my mistake.

Interview Questions
  • What brought you to Utah?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT) in Jan 2020

Interview

An email was sent telling the date and time of the interview. There was a 3 person panel asking a list of standardized questions without much chit chat or getting to know each other.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT) in Mar 2019

Interview

If you get past the initial screening you will be sent a test. My test consisted of an Excel file with about 43,000 rows . The test had six questions that required analysis of the data. The instructions were clear and I was given one week to complete the project. The project data was actual anonymized agency data. The questions were from actual management requests. It took between 4 and 5 hours to complete my analysis. I actually enjoyed the analysis part. Your analysis will be graded by the hiring manager. If you pass you get an interview. If you fail that is the end of the process for you. Needless to say, if you do not turn in your analysis on time you will not get an interview. My analysis passed muster and I was invited in for an interview. There were four people in the interview panel and each one had a list of the questions they were allowed to ask. State HR rules do not allow the interviewers to deviate from the questions. They went around the table with each person asking one question until they were all asked. I was then invited to ask any questions I had.

Interview Questions
  • Is there anything additional I wanted to share about the data set.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at State of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT) in Jan 2019

Interview

Applied online, interviewed over the phone, first and only interview lasted for approximately 20 minutes. Panel consisted of two persons directing questions during the interview. Panel was very professional and cordial.

Interview Questions
  • What does punctuality mean to you?
  • Describe a situation in which you had to deal with a difficult customer. How did you resolve the situation?

State of Utah

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at State of Utah in Dec 2018

Interview

The process includes a single interview with a panel comprised of front line supervisors, trainers, and managers. It is question and answer based, and all of the questions were provided at the start of he interview. After he interview was done there was a test, where you were given a situation and a piece of policy and asked to determine if the person in the situation was eligible for benefits.

Interview Questions
  • They asked about how you would handle specific situations With stressful customers and coworkers.
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT) in Dec 2018

Interview

I had been an employee for 7 years in a different agency of the State in the past so I’m always checking the state jobs website. The interview panel of 4 people was conducted out of Salt Lake City, UT as that’s where the main operations take place for this agency. Being that the position was located in another part of the state they conducted the interview over the phone for most of the applicants. I had prepared by reviewing the job description, the agency mission, even had a friend who works there tell me more about the job, and I knew how my former work would be able to transfer well into this agency. I have been out of work for 3 years so was not prepared in the slightest for the questions asked as they were all hypotheticals based on recent job experience (a stark difference from when I last interviewed with the state and received 4 job offers, 2 initially and then 2 promotions). If I had been in the day to day work force I feel I would’ve been better prepared for these types of questions (when I think about it in hindsight they weren’t particularly hard questions) which is why I marked the overall process as “average” but for me, it was difficult. Positive note, now I’m better prepared for my next interview!

Interview Questions
  • Tell us a time when you disagreed with a policy during the course of your work. What did you do?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT) in Nov 2018

Interview

After filling out a lengthy online application, participated in a first-round phone interview and then an in-person interview. The entire process took around two months from the closing date until the final decision.

Interview Questions
  • "What interests you about this position?" It was the only question even close to a standard "getting to know you" question. It was very strange and made me feel like they didn't think they needed to learn anything about me personally because a call to the local LDS church would tell them all they needed to know. Whether true or not, the questions the interview panel did not ask made me feel like I was a token Gentile being led through the motions.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT) in Apr 2018

Interview

We were connected over email then had a brief phone call discussing my background and interest. Then they had me come into the Department of Human Resource Management for a brief in-person meeting. They gave me an offer right then.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT) in Mar 2018

Interview

The process took 2 weeks and did phone interview and was invited for a face to face. It was 2 panel interview, I just waiting to hear if I got the job.

Interview Questions
  • Describe when you had upset customer?

Anonymous Employee in West Jordan, UT

Application

The process took 1 week. I interviewed at State of Utah (West Jordan, UT)

Interview

I applied online on the State of Utah website. A couple of weeks later I received an interview invitation. The interview was a panel interview with a supervisor and colleague.

Interview Questions
  • When did you find yourself dealing with a hostile customer? How did you handle the situation?
  • General questions on experience and relating to public customers.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 45 Interviews
RSS Feed</>Embed

Popular Careers with State of Utah Job Seekers

DCFS Caseworker
Learn About the Job
JobsSalariesInterviews
Customer Service Representative (DMV)
Learn About the Job