State of Utah Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State of Utah Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2017

3.1

Interview

It was a three person panel consisting of the three most immediate bosses. They would all take turns asking various questions. -A lot of paperwork is required to fill-out before getting to this step.

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orem, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State of Utah (Orem, UT) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online and scheduled an interview. Interview was with a panel of three individuals. First they took the time to outline some specifics about the job, such as hours, locations, and then potential duties. Then they took turns asking behavioral questions from a list. I was told to set aside 30 minutes for the interview, and in reality was out of there in under 15 minutes (which included time for me to ask them a couple of questions).

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you used your problem solving skills to overcome a problem at work.   Answer Question

Education Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at State of Utah.

Interview

Meet with a panel of four to eight people where prescribed questions are asked. Some followup was asked for, but it felt very structured. There was a 2nd interview that was much less formal, still with a panel but much more relaxed. Easier to see the tone of the office.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience proving professional development.   Answer Question

Compliance Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State of Utah (Provo, UT) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and the process took several weeks. I was emailed to make an appointment to take a writing test at their facility. The test is more like a math test, with story questions related to child support services, and a small essay at the end. After the writing test, I was invited by email the next day to make an appointment for an interview. I arrived a half-hour early and found a table and chairs outside the interview room, where there was a short form for me to sign that enabled the interviewers to contact my references. I waited until I was called in, and told either way I would receive an email if I did or did not receive the job.

Interview Questions

• Panel of two interviewers gave me a piece of paper with four questions on it. Told me they would ask the questions and have me answer as I went along. Questions were: what education and work experience did I have that would be applicable in this position? What customer service skills did I have and how would I handle working with an upset customer? What is my five year plan? Did I have skills in accounting, mathematics, and writing and a brief explanation of those skills?   Answer Question

Tech Support Spec III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at State of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2015.

Interview

Really good conversation, they like to see that you have a personality. you can definitely learn on the job, lots of good people to work with and learn from. Great people to learn and talk to. if you are new to the IT industry youll do really well here as some of the tech is or can be older.

Accounting Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State of Utah.

Interview

Committee interview. Set questions asked by each member of committee, your answer is given a score, and you are called back for a second interview based on that score. The second interview is generally with the people you will be working with. Some set questions, but also the opportunity to ask questions and interact with interviewers..

Interview Questions

• How do you handle an upset individual, on the telephone, in person.   Answer Question

Eligibility Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State of Utah in September 2015.

Interview

Hiring was an online application and panel interview. There was a written examination as part of the interview process. Panel is hiring managers and director. They are standard interview questions you'd see in most Q and A interviews.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you have conflicting assignments?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at State of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2015.

Interview

There was a panel of interviewers who took turns asking questions. There is always a panel of interviewers at the State of Utah, usually comprised of the manager, a co-worker and a representative from human resources.

Rehabilitation Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ogden, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at State of Utah (Ogden, UT) in April 2015.

Interview

You apply online and then they do first round interviews over the phone. If you do well with that they will then do an in person interview or interview over Skype depending on your location.

Interview Questions

• What experiences do you have working with individuals ages 14-25?   Answer Question

Eligibility Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2015.

Interview

The process is only one interview with a panel of 5 managers, they ask 5 questions. Answer the best possible, is the time to show off.
    Focus and try to be friendly with the managers. Personality is number one thing they consider.