Statistics Canada Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Statistics Canada Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.8

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Statistics Canada.

Interview

Interviewed by two people who explained the department and job requirements. Then was given a sheet of paper with questions and I had 5 mins to look over it. Behavioural questions and accounting questions.

Interview Questions

• If you had a friend in another department who wanted confidential information what would you do?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Quebec, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at Statistics Canada (Quebec, QC (Canada)).

Interview

Harsh process, you need to go through the post-graduate recruitment program and pass QI and Judgment tests and be ranked among the best. And then you may get an interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at StatCan?   1 Answer

Systems Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Statistics Canada (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

30 minute phone interview with 2 gentlemen. General question about object oriented programming kind of caught me off guard but I think they were just looking for me to explain a couple principals (inheritance, encapsulation, etc.). Overall the interview was fairly easy going and there were no coding challenges before being offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Explain some advantages of object oriented programming using OOP principals.   Answer Question
    • Explain how teamwork has helped you in previous projects.   Answer Question
    • What team inside of Stats Canada would you be interested in working on?   Answer Question

Field Interviewer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Statistics Canada.

Interview

Started off with a 75 minute written test that tested basic math and reading comprehension skills. They let you know if you pass the test immediately afterwards. If you passed the test, you moved onto a phone interview that lasts approximately 30 minutes. The phone interview was the week after the written test.

Survey Methodology Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Statistics Canada.

Interview

It was 1-hour phone call interview. they asked simple soft skills questions first, then the rest of 45min she asked technical questions and very specific questions about surveys and sampling data. she asked couple of scenario questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Statistics Canada.

Interview

Contacted via email to see if I was interested in the job, and then contacted me to set up an interview time. 3 person panel interview, 1 of which was working with HR.

Interview Questions

• Given a large list of tasks (at least 10 in total), how would you go about approaching and completing each one? In what order?   Answer Question

Phone Interviewer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Statistics Canada (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

You get an email to test after several weeks of applying
    After successful completion of the test, which you are told right away you are then asked when you can come in for an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• During in person int. you are asked behavioural questions, how would you handle conflict? Give an example on how you satisfied an unhappy customer etc.
      They will also make you take a sample phone call to check you typing accuracy. Note this isn't to check your speed, but how accurate you enter information; correct spelling, etc
      Answer Question

Census Enumerator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nelson, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Statistics Canada (Nelson, BC (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

An interview on the phone, to see if I still wanted the job and to set up a day for the test. Example questions were available to prepare for the test. A few days later there was a timed multiple choice test with mostly case scenarios. There was no spare time during the test, I barely got done. I found it very challenging, because the scenarios were lengthy to read, and having to flip pages while choosing the correct answer was distracting. For this job I was not asked interview questions pertaining to previous employment.

Interview Questions

• Ability to read a map was tested.   1 Answer

Enumerator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Statistics Canada (Markham, ON (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

No interview. I spoke with someone over the phone who told me I met the qualifications. This job hires anybody who has a license and access to a car. They do not care too much for experience unfortunately.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Statistics Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

Fair experience. I applied on-line. After I passed a tests, I got an interview. It's a telephone interview. I was asked so many questions about my technical skills (eg. SAS experience, data management and etc). Some questions about my soft skills (eg. teamwork). The interview lasted for 45 mins. Didn't got an offer.