Steel River Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Steel River Marketing Interview Questions

Interviews at Steel River Marketing

1.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Steel River Marketing.

Interview

Interviewed as a group and then asked back for an individual interview. The group interview basically laid out the details of what the internship would be about. The individual interview would allow them to look at each person and see if they fit the position.

Interview Questions

Steel River Marketing Response

Apr 8, 2019 – owner

Thank you for the review! We can't wait to have you be apart of our team this summer! It will surely be a fun one :)

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Steel River Marketing (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2018.

Interview

Very relaxed, geared toward what you wanted out of the program, courteous as well. They let you know that they are growing and really emphasize that there are many leadership opportunities, meaning a great chance to move up in the company.

Interview Questions

• Are you interested in leadership opportunities?   1 Answer
    • Are you good with talking to people?   1 Answer

Mar 14, 2019 – owner

Thank you for the review on our internship interview! We try to accommodate the schedule as best as possible! Welcome to our team :)

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Steel River Marketing.

Interview

The first interview was very brief and was an overview of the internship. The second interview was a bit longer and more detailed. They asked a few questions about previous work experience and leadership skills.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Steel River Marketing (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

I applied and the next day I got an interview, which should have been a red flag. They sent me an email that was computer generated, it wasn’t an actual email from HR. They said it was for a marketing job, the CEO was the interviewer - which should have been another red flag.

He broke it down as three levels, which should have been the last red flag, but I just continued to listen to the CEO talk about in-store marketing. By the time it was over I knew it was a scam. It’s not real marketing.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what in-store marketing is?   1 Answer

Dec 27, 2017 – owner

Hi there and thank you for your the review on our company! I am sorry you had a negative experience, but we are not offering positions for Marketing Manager. I am not sure where the mishap... More

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greentree, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Steel River Marketing (Greentree, PA) in January 2018.

Interview

Felt like a sales pitch, promised promotion through 3 different jobs to area manager within months. This sounds unrealistic and suspicious because no one gets promoted that quickly in the real world.

Interview Questions

Steel River Marketing Response

Mar 5, 2018 – owner

As stated on our website The Management Training program runs around 6-8 months. On average our newest Managers are graduating to Ownership in 5 months. Nothing is guaranteed with the time, just... More

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Steel River Marketing (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2018.

Interview

I was contacted the day after I submitted my application I went in for an interview that week and met with one of the hiring managers. The interview was pretty relaxed as we went over my background in the responsibilities of the position.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about developing people. What managerial leadership skills do you possess.   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Steel River Marketing (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2018.

Interview

Called and asked to come in, the interview was extremely quick. Was asked a few simple questions regarding my resume. Was explained to how business was conducted.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Steel River Marketing (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

The interview process was awesome! It was professional and very engaging. The people are extremely nice at Steel River marketing almost to a point where you feel like your family. Its such a great atmosphere. They ask me entrepreneur questions like "have you ever managed people before? if so, how many people have you managed? where do you see yourself from a year or two from now? Great qualifying interview questions!

Interview Questions

• Do I like working a lot? Am I a hard worker? Can you see yourself making a career out of this?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Steel River Marketing (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2018.

Interview

I applied then got contacted the next day. I came into the office the following day after the call. There was 3 rounds of interviews. The first one was with the hiring manager. We talked about my goals, what I am looking to get out of a company, and the opportunities offered at Steel River Marketing. The hiring manager said he thought I was a great fit for the company and invited me to return the following day for my second round interview.

My second round was with a corporate trainer. He was really nice. He asked me about my strengths and weaknesses... basic interview stuff. He went over the structure of the company, hours, pay, opportunity to grow, and more. He answered any question I had with great clarity. We talked about where I see myself in the company, why I would be a good fit, and what are my expectations for myself. This took about 30 min. After, they brought me back into the lobby and asked me to wait for a little cause I could go straight into my third round interview. I thought this was nice cause I didn't have to drive all the back to the office again.

The third round was with the owner, Sean. He's such a nice guy! He got to know me, asked if I had any questions, and we joked around a little. He is really easy-going which was such a relief given that my previous boss always had a stick up his butt. After chatting for a little while, he offered me a position and I accepted on the spot!!

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Steel River Marketing (New York, NY) in May 2018.

Interview

The interview process was very easy following. I had 3 total interviews before going on board with the company.

My first interview was with one of the corporate trainers. We discussed the amazing and competitive base pay. We talked about the company's infrastructure and about the room to grow in the company. They asked what I'm looking for in a job.

My second interview was more intense. We went over my goals for the position if I were to be brought into the company. We went over the available positions. We also discussed more about the commission structure and the guaranteed base pay.

My third interview was a little intimidating because it was with the owner of the business. He was so nice and actually got to know me. We chatted about my expectations from him and his expectations fron me. After chatting, we went over everything once more before he asked me to come on board with the company! I accepted on the spot.

Interview Questions

Steel River Marketing Response

Jul 16, 2018 – owner

Thank you for the review! We are happy to have you on our team!!!