Sterling-Rice Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sterling-Rice Interview Questions

Account Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sterling-Rice (Boulder, CO) in December 2013.

Interview

I applied online through a link on their website and they contacted me about a month later to set up a Skype interview. I interviewed with one of the Account Management employees for about 15 minutes. The questions were very basic.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you took control of a professional situation.   Answer Question

Received a better offer.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sterling-Rice in November 2013.

Interview

I knew that SRG was a place where I wanted to work, so I made the effort to follow them everywhere (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.). When they posted the opening for Assistant Account Manager on their Facebook page I thought I would be a good fit, so I sent my resume and cover letter to the e-mail address included in the post.

A few days went by before I followed up, upon which time I was asked to fill out their online application (a bit strange since I had already submitted everything in the way in which they had originally asked on their post).

I would say it was a couple of weeks before I was contacted by SRG for a phone interview. My phone interview wasn't the best, and after following up a few times afterwards I tore up my notes and moved on to looking at other opportunities.

It took about two weeks before I was contacted about coming in for the in person interview. I first interviewed with a friendly member of the HR team, and then three really delightful members of the account team on Thursday, and I had the formal job offer on Monday.

I know they get a slew of resumes, but overall it would have been nice to have had the first half of the process move more quickly (only for my own sanity). With that said, they obviously take who they hire very seriously, so I feel lucky to have been the one they eventually chose.

Interview Questions

• The hardest questions surprisingly came from HR: "What is the biggest misconception people have about you?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was acknowledged that I was a little over-qualified for the job, so I was able to negotiate a slightly higher annual salary.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sterling-Rice (Boulder, CO) in January 2013.

Interview

Met with many different individuals from all parts of roles within the company. They were honest about the intensity of the agency but focused on their strong client portfolio. Their office is nice but overall unless you're an executive, like most agencies, you won't have your own office but rather an open office format.

Interview Questions

• In an ideal role, what would you be doing at this agency?   Answer Question

Media Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sterling-Rice (Boulder, CO) in August 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by HR to set up an in person interview after submitting my resume & cover letter online. I met with four different people from the media team and the interview lasted about 2 1/2 hours. The people that interviewed me were friendly and wanted to make sure I was the right fit for the position. I was asked smart questions to get a feel for my interest in the department and my ability to multitask and handle stressful situations.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself that I can't tell from your resume   Answer Question

Production Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sterling-Rice (Boulder, CO) in July 2010.

Interview

It was easy, sort of a formality. I had freelanced a few times and actually turned down the job a year earlier. So this time around I was ready to make the move and it went very smoothly as I expected, due to my previous good relationship with the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• There really wasn't really anything unexpected. I had a previous relationship with the interviewers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very little back and forth. It's my belief that you alway ask for more than the offer. They usually will meet you in the middle. Which equates to an instant raise.

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sterling-Rice in June 2009.

Interview

Mix of case and behavioral. Know their projects and do informational interviews on their process

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had to develop a new dog food?   Answer Question