KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Sterling-Rice Reviews

Updated Jun 14, 2022

Found 58 of over 61 reviews

3.7
Sterling-Rice President Cindy Judge (no image)
Cindy Judge

18 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

great people, even better pizza

Jun 14, 2022 - Maintenance Supervisor in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

free pizza on Thursday afternoons

Cons

when I have to pay for my pizza on Thursdays

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Company

May 16, 2022 - Insights Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing culture, smart colleagues, very flexible - overall a great work life balance

Cons

Salary/pay but is made up for with other benefits

3. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

wonderful people, great place

Apr 25, 2022 - IT Support Specialist in Boulder, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone had great attitudes, and put there best effort in, firm is doing great with remote, and hybrid options. Benefits are very good with several insurance options depending on in-state, or out of state, sizeable bonuses depending on company goals. Active thrive committee

Cons

a lot of great people being poached by larger companies, and they are testing out contract workers to support flexible business needs.

4. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

assistant

Oct 11, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

good benefits abd good training

Cons

poor management abd they dont care

5. 1.0

Toxic workplace

Sep 17, 2021 - Individual Contributor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent benefits, some really great people (most of them are gone by now).

Cons

Out of touch and shady leadership team, they talk about being transparent and aim for a great place to work, but it is all smoke and mirrors. Giving feedback about your manager is not encouraged. Managers are not held accountable. Business is extremely top-heavy and plays favorites. Compensation is mediocre for regular employees. Overworked and underpaid is the normal here.

2 people found this review helpful
  6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Good Company

Jun 16, 2021 - Group Creative Director in Boulder, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice People lots of opportunity

Cons

Promotions and pay raises are down

7. 2.0

Stunted My Career Growth

Jun 9, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome clients, beautiful location, great benefits

Cons

The way that my manager treated me was terrible. I stuck it out because I was consistently promised to be promoted and moved to another department, but it never happened (even when I approached HR about being treated unfairly). The sad part is that I didn't realize the full extent of how poorly I was treated and how little I learned until I left and went somewhere else. I don't feel like I grew very much during my time at SRG even though I once considered it a dream job.

1 person found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

A company on the verge of something great.

Jan 31, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Incredibly smart, creative people. Ad agency side is pretty awesome with cool people, great leadership. Consultancy side is filled with older people, many lifers.

Cons

Occasional long hours, staff is spread thin.

9. 1.0

Wouldn't Touch With A Ten Foot Pole

Jul 3, 2020 - Innovation in Boulder, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Downtown Boulder is great. Many of the people are great to be around. Great on the surface to have on a resume.

Cons

Pretty much everything else. Mediocre work. It's a wonder clients continue to hire SRG. Zero regard for employee quality of life, COMPLETE dishonesty and NO trust amongst employees and leadership. You do not feel looked after (unless you are a part of the "in-group" of favorite or are a partner. The most ineffective, self-serving, insecure leadership I have ever experienced. No loyalty. "If you want to leave go ahead" -- no attempt to retain or value employees, especially junior employees.

9 people found this review helpful
  10. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

People and culture are promising, but leadership can't get out of its own way

Jan 7, 2020 - Account Management + Strategy in Boulder, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Overall, the people at SRG are smart, talented, and a pleasure to work with, and the company makes sure to provide a good work/life balance for employees. Also, the office space is amazing right in the heart of downtown Boulder.

Cons

Many of the executives at SRG have been there for 8-10+ years, and are too ingrained in "how things have been done" in the past and/or too focused on the consulting business to truly put the effort, resources, and money needed to make SRG a truly competitive agency in 2020. They always seemed to be a few years behind the curve compared to the ad industry as a whole (e.g., were late adopters of social media advertising, data analytics, content strategy), which meant that you're playing catch-up rather than being an innovator or, at the very least, at the same level with the majority of ad agencies. Finally, salary lagged behind other ad agencies.

3 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 58 Reviews

Sterling-Rice Reviews FAQs

Sterling-Rice has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 61 reviews left anonymously by employees. 72% of employees would recommend working at Sterling-Rice to a friend and 58% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Sterling-Rice employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Sterling-Rice. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

72% of Sterling-Rice employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Sterling-Rice 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Sterling-Rice to be career development, culture, benefits and the cons to be compensation, management, senior leadership.

Popular Careers with Sterling-Rice Job Seekers